+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

rcclau

Mar 26, 2015
SHAHBAZACMA said:
From where you get the information "keep them updated for the coming 3 years"?
"I declare that I agree to provide NSOI with my contact information (current address, phone number(s), email) within 30 days of arriving in Canada and to inform NSOI of any change of address or phone number(s) or email for a period of 3 years after arriving in Canada." This is one of the terms that we have to initial on the NSNP 100 application form.

Since I will be landing NS next week, I sent an email to NSNP last week and asked to where I should report my contact info. However, no reply from NSNP yet other than an auto-reply message.

Mansi25

Dec 14, 2014
Hi all,

Does anyone have the idea about taking PCC from India?. Do we need to apply by PassPort Seva Kendra or through Police Station.

Thanks,
Mansi

vchadha

Feb 13, 2015
Mansi25 said:
Hi all,

Does anyone have the idea about taking PCC from India?. Do we need to apply by PassPort Seva Kendra or through Police Station.

Thanks,
Mansi
It is through Passport seva Kendra. I been there in my city just 2 hours before and applied through online and got the appointment for 21st Sept. They informed that they will take a picture there and give the PCC same time.

Thanks

stephny46

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2, 2017
Nomination.....
Dec 14 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 2, 2017
File Transfer...
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 20 2016
Yes mansi thru passport seva

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello Friends;

I replied to my AOR on 25th August. Got an email dated 15.09.2016 for additional reference letters as being a private practitioners they cannot assess my case on hourly basis. I will have to satisfy them that i have work experience for more than 6 years. As per their assessment my points are 62 as they are not giving any points for work experience, hence the request for fresh reference letters.'
'
Now i have to queries;

How should a private practitioner who gives limited time to his clients justify that he is working for 30 hours workly, though my working hours much more. My clients have given me reference letters saying that i am serving them from more 3 years. But because they have not mentioned hours my case needs fresh reference letter. Please advise how i can satisfy the immigration officer.

Secondly, is i am in NOC 1111 as I am a Tax consultant, if there is anybody else in same field please let me know the process of certification as they have raised query as well and i need to satisfy the same. As far as i know i have to go through CPA.Please Help;

Regards

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surbhigurpreet said:
Hello Friends;

I replied to my AOR on 25th August. Got an email dated 15.09.2016 for additional reference letters as being a private practitioners they cannot assess my case on hourly basis. I will have to satisfy them that i have work experience for more than 6 years. As per their assessment my points are 62 as they are not giving any points for work experience, hence the request for fresh reference letters.'
'
Now i have to queries;

How should a private practitioner who gives limited time to his clients justify that he is working for 30 hours workly, though my working hours much more. My clients have given me reference letters saying that i am serving them from more 3 years. But because they have not mentioned hours my case needs fresh reference letter. Please advise how i can satisfy the immigration officer.

Secondly, is i am in NOC 1111 as I am a Tax consultant, if there is anybody else in same field please let me know the process of certification as they have raised query as well and i need to satisfy the same. As far as i know i have to go through CPA.Please Help;

Regards
I don't know if I can help, as my case has some similarities, although there are fundamental differences. I'm also self employed, but I own a small manufacturing company. To provide evidence of those details (hours worked, annual salary and period of employment), I provided the articles of organization of my company, a certificate from the Registry of Commerce of my state and the financial results from the last year. Along with these, my accountant signed a letter stating the referred details, as well as explaining how the provided documents supported their claim.

The problem that I see in using that approach with your case is that your work is roughly the same as the people who provided my letter, hence it would be illogical for you to have other people providing you with the services that you provide yourself! On the other hand, you might be better informed than anyone about official documents from your country that might support your claims.

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Skywalker_RT said:
I don't know if I can help, as my case has some similarities, although there are fundamental differences. I'm also self employed, but I own a small manufacturing company. To provide evidence of those details (hours worked, annual salary and period of employment), I provided the articles of organization of my company, a certificate from the Registry of Commerce of my state and the financial results from the last year. Along with these, my accountant signed a letter stating the referred details, as well as explaining how the provided documents supported their claim.

The problem that I see in using that approach with your case is that your work is roughly the same as the people who provided my letter, hence it would be illogical for you to have other people providing you with the services that you provide yourself! On the other hand, you might be better informed than anyone about official documents from your country that might support your claims.
Thank you for your reply.
I can tell a CA with whom i am associated to say that i work for him around 3-5 hours a day. Same for my clients saying that i spent N number of hours in their queries and doing their work. Collectively i can show 1560 hours a years but not for each employer. I have my ITR showing that i am working from last 8 years and paying tax. Further my bank has issued a letter confirming my remuneration from last 8 years. Lets see how they assess these things.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Surbhigurpreet said:
Thank you for your reply.
I can tell a CA with whom i am associated to say that i work for him around 3-5 hours a day. Same for my clients saying that i spent N number of hours in their queries and doing their work. Collectively i can show 1560 hours a years but not for each employer. I have my ITR showing that i am working from last 8 years and paying tax. Further my bank has issued a letter confirming my remuneration from last 8 years. Lets see how they assess these things.
That's a good start. If you're not able to hit the target with a single sniper shot, discharge the magazine of a machine gun! ;D

Another thing that might help you is something from your professional association.

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
Rob2K said:
Hello,

I just got a email from NS telling me to answer the below questions within 10 days:

A.
Education
· Some of the occupations under NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers require certification in Nova Scotia. Have you researched whether or not you will require certification for your intended occupation in Nova Scotia?

B.
Adaptability/Intention to Settle in Nova Scotia
· What factors have influenced your decision to immigrate to Nova Scotia and make this your permanent home?
· What research have you done about Nova Scotia?
· What research have you done about job opportunities in Nova Scotia?
· Have you contacted any community groups in Nova Scotia?
· Do you have any friends or relatives in Nova Scotia?

1. I have applied under NOC 2173 , and im basically into software automation testing, and performance testing including Performance engineering, with the role as software tester/test lead. My question is does my role requires any certificates or something in NS ? I'm not sure what occupations NS is talking about :eek:

2. Could anyone pls guide me through what i could write for the Intentions part ?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.
Hi,

I have been drafting the answers to the above questions asked by the NS office. I just need to understand for the below question:

"Have you contacted any community groups in Nova Scotia?"

What kind of Community groups should we be contacting ? I did browse on this, however i couldnt get any satisfactory info. Can anyone pls suggest me/give me some clue as how this could be answered.

Pls help.. Thank you,

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Skywalker_RT said:
That's a good start. If you're not able to hit the target with a single sniper shot, discharge the magazine of a machine gun! ;D

Another thing that might help you is something from your professional association.
Other issue of my case is that by qualification i am a lawyer but i am practicing as tax consultant/advisor. So, if i get something from my bar council they might think i am not NOC 1111. So like a wise man said immigration is very tricky. But to support my case i have an email from NOC department confirming my NOC. let us see, how it shapes up. Best of luck to you as well.

dreamofcanada

Nov 13, 2014
pmariappan2016 said:
Hi Buddy,

My NOC is 2173 too. But I am yet to receive AOR.I am a 8 Oct applicant. can you kindly share the justification answer to my email id too?
mariappan2k4@gmail.com

I am sure, they will ask the same question to me too. This could be very helpful for me at the time
Thanks in advance.

Regards,Mariappan
Hi,

I sent you the message (not mail). Please check your inbox.

Mansi25

Dec 14, 2014
vchadha said:
It is through Passport seva Kendra. I been there in my city just 2 hours before and applied through online and got the appointment for 21st Sept. They informed that they will take a picture there and give the PCC same time.

Thanks
Thanks vchadha and stephny46

Canaspire

Sep 15, 2016
stephny46 said:
Yes mansi thru passport seva
Hi
If u r from/ in India, then please check this link for PCC

Name of document(s) to get: Police Clearance Certificate

How to get a Police Certificate:
If you are a citizen of India:

If you live in India:
For residents of Punjab: You can apply to your local Senior Superintendent of Police, or the senior ranking police official at the police station in your District.

For residents of other states: You can apply at your local District Police Station.

For residents of Delhi: You can apply at your local District Police Station or online on the Delhi Police website or on the Passport India website. The Web site will list what information and documents you need. If you apply online, your certificate will be returned to you electronically.

Am I still required to go for PCC from Passport office?

Canaspire

Sep 15, 2016
drajpoot said:
You already have your EE profile: which means you score 67 points thats why you are eligible to create EE profile, forget about what is your CRS in EE.
Now you say you change your job: Changing a job never will never make your score less than 67. So your EE profile will remain exist forget about your CRS score in EE.

Now we talk about if CRS score decrease: Decreasing CRS score never affect nomination process, I do not know where did you read that.

Now talk about nomination withdrawn: Let say you make your EE profile in January 2015 as you are eligible to fulfill FSW criteria (67 points) and your age was 35. but in 2016 you turned 36 then your score would become 66 which means your EE profile would be ineligible immediately on your B'day. And if you do not have EE profile you will never get your nomination. End of the story.

This is what I know and I hope I am not wrong. So when nomination get withdrawn people think that because of CRS got decrease but actually CRS has nothing with nomination.

Nomination will give 600 points in CRS but CRS gives nothing in Nomination, In another word does not matter your CRS is 400 or 200 if you are eligible to create EE profile, whatever is your SCORE will not affect your nomination process

regards
D
Thanks a lot Drajpoot for the advice