+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
Hello,

I just got a email from NS telling me to answer the below questions within 10 days:

A.
Education
· Some of the occupations under NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers require certification in Nova Scotia. Have you researched whether or not you will require certification for your intended occupation in Nova Scotia?

B.
Adaptability/Intention to Settle in Nova Scotia
· What factors have influenced your decision to immigrate to Nova Scotia and make this your permanent home?
· What research have you done about Nova Scotia?
· What research have you done about job opportunities in Nova Scotia?
· Have you contacted any community groups in Nova Scotia?
· Do you have any friends or relatives in Nova Scotia?

1. I have applied under NOC 2173 , and im basically into software automation testing, and performance testing including Performance engineering, with the role as software tester/test lead. My question is does my role requires any certificates or something in NS ? I'm not sure what occupations NS is talking about :eek:

2. Could anyone pls guide me through what i could write for the Intentions part ?

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

SHMSHM

Aug 2, 2016
Rob2K said:
Hello,

I just got a email from NS telling me to answer the below questions within 10 days:

A.
Education
· Some of the occupations under NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers require certification in Nova Scotia. Have you researched whether or not you will require certification for your intended occupation in Nova Scotia?

B.
· What factors have influenced your decision to immigrate to Nova Scotia and make this your permanent home?

1. I have applied under NOC 2173 , and im basically into software automation testing, and performance testing including Performance engineering, with the role as software tester/test lead. My question is does my role requires any certificates or something in NS ? I'm not sure what occupations NS is talking about :eek:

2. Could anyone pls guide me through what i could write for the Intentions part ?

Hi Rob2K, for your first question, searching job bank for 2173 software testing engineer, it appears to be regulated all over canada. regulatory body website is can be found there, you might go through their website and understand the process of obtaining license, and with your reply to NSOI office show that you did are aware of the process and provide him your plan to execute it. I think for engineers you are eligible to work before license but under supervision of professional engineer. Experts here might help better.

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
SHMSHM said:
Hi Rob2K, for your first question, searching job bank for 2173 software testing engineer, it appears to be regulated all over canada. regulatory body website is can be found there, you might go through their website and understand the process of obtaining license, and with your reply to NSOI office show that you did are aware of the process and provide him your plan to execute it. I think for engineers you are eligible to work before license but under supervision of professional engineer. Experts here might help better.
@SHMSHM, many thanks for the info. I did a few research on the above, it says the regulatory body is "Engineers Nova Scotia". So should i be saying like i would probably take some kind of training/certification something once i land in NS ? Looks like all of the occupation would require certification under NOC 2173. Request other members too as well to guide me on this.

SHMSHM

Aug 2, 2016
Rob2K said:
@SHMSHM, many thanks for the info. I did a few research on the above, it says the regulatory body is "Engineers Nova Scotia". So should i be saying like i would probably take some kind of training/certification something once i land in NS ? Looks like all of the occupation would require certification under NOC 2173. Request other members too as well to guide me on this.
Hi Rob2K, yes, of course take your time go through site to get true understanding so u can show it in your mail to NSOI, ex cost, time, exams required, possibility of waving exam by years of experience. i am not able to paste links here, in engineers nova scotia you will find link to another useful site newcomers engineerscanada ca. NS also have support organization www isans ca that guides Internationally Educated Engineers on licensing. you may go through it and indicate you will pursue support of this program.

Canaspire

Sep 15, 2016
drajpoot said:
First I would like to request you to please fill the entry form to get your entry in spreadsheet if you dint do it before.
Secondly I would say personally I did not get your question so I do not know how to answer.
You said you are getting a good opportunity due to which you will change your job and this change would increase or decrease your score.
My question is "How it will decrease or increase"

Secondly you said your waiting your ITA , means you dint submit your PR application so in case if any changes you will update would be before submission your PR application right ? So how would these changes would "affect your application"if you did not submit any application yet.
Any update or changes which you think can decrease or increase your CRS will "affect your EE profile not application" And once you submit your application I do not think you can do any update or changes in your EE profile.
I hope I am not wrong but I am sorry I could not understand your query.

regards
D
Hi Drajpoot.. Thanks for the response... Let me clarify the situation. "Lets' say I'm currently working with ABC Firm in my home Country. ANd now I am getting a gud hike in the same occupation in XYZ Org in the same Country." My query is, if I change my job and in turn update my Work History related information in Express Entry, will that have an adverse effect on my CRS or it will not. Otherwise I may not join till I submit my application..
I'm asking this because I've read somewhere that if your score decreases, ur nomination can also be withdrawn. This is my only worry ..
Request you to please guide....

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear All,

Just a quick question regarding Police Clearance . I want to get PCC for 2 countries India and Saudi Arabia. Currently i am living in Saudi Arabia. How to obtain PCC for india from Saudi Arabia . Can experts reply this if possible.

Thanks in Advance .

Best Regards,
ZM

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rob2K said:
Hello,

A.
Education

B.

Hello,

You can use some of these interesting facts in the page canadaimmigration.co.za/nova-scotia below about NS to build your own personal reasons

Fatima007

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-10-2015
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
25-01-2017
Interview........
hopefully none
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Skywalker_RT said:
Well, finally got my AOR today!
Congratulations Skywalker!!!

Pls did it contain the usual questions about intent to live in NS as it's been showing up in others.
Just want to know if its the norm so i can just start preparing my responses ahead of the awaited AOR....coming soon by God's grace

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fatima007 said:
Congratulations Skywalker!!!

Pls did it contain the usual questions about intent to live in NS as it's been showing up in others.
Just want to know if its the norm so i can just start preparing my responses ahead of the awaited AOR....coming soon by God's grace
Yes, it's the usual, but still nothing about intent to live there. Actually, not all people are asked about their intentions, only those that the officer finds their settlement plan weak.

As for the AOR demands, only updated proof of funds, the famous "NOC table" and the current EE profile number and job seeker code. They also ask you to inform about any changes in your profile that might have occurred in the interim.

stephny46

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2, 2017
Nomination.....
Dec 14 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 2, 2017
File Transfer...
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
Dec 20 2016
@cool2409 whn did u submit

LOVK

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-03-2017
Med's Done....
27-01-2017 (upfront)
mdzakir1 said:
Dear All,

Just a quick question regarding Police Clearance . I want to get PCC for 2 countries India and Saudi Arabia. Currently i am living in Saudi Arabia. How to obtain PCC for india from Saudi Arabia . Can experts reply this if possible.

Thanks in Advance .

Best Regards,
ZM
hi ZM,

For the pcc, you can see the steps and requirements here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
cool2409 said:
Dear all,

I have received AOR today... :)
Congrats.... From the spreadsheet it shows your application was received on 12 sept.