+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Funtell85

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
vchadha said:
Dear All,

Great news... NSOI rocks....

I am 4th August applicant and got the AOR today and asked for the general info like, updated POF / EE NO, JOB BANK validation code and NOC table.

Admin: Please update the sheet.

Thanks and all the best to all the applicants.... Every one will remember eceive the AOR , nomination and ITA.... Best wishes...
Congratulations! All the best in the next phase!

Dhaval27

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
halifax nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
amit7678 said:
I am 4 august applicant i have not receive AOR . :(
i am 4august applicant too... and from india... we will be getting it monday mostly

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
wisky said:
how do you think, if my husband visited halifax and worked as volunteer, it'll reduce our processing time? he is dependant, i am principal applicant.
Its a great idea to make a exploratory visit to Halifax as it will support your settlement plan and convince nomination officer that you really have a strong intention to settle in Nova Scotia which will surely reduce your processing time.
If your husband is planning to visit Halifax I would suggest him to make an exploratory visit report containing all kind your research he did like :Researching information related to moving to and living in Nova Scotia such as schooling for children, the costs and availability of housing (rent or purchase), recreational activities, services available for newcomers and the general cost of living.
You can describe all the activities you have undertaken during this visit AND cover the entire period of stay in Canada starting from the first day of entry to the day of leaving Canada and also including time spent in other provinces, if any. You should include pictures, airline tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, business cards and all other relevant details to describe the activities undertaken during the visit

Its wonderful idea to support your plan.

regards
D

otf

Jun 17, 2015
ritawallu said:
Hi otf,

Can you please share your last 3 digit of your nomination. So, that we may now how much space is still left..
Hello Ritawallu,

I do not know it yet because I have not received my nomination certificate. I'll share once I get it.

wisky

Jul 1, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09Oct15
Doc's Request.
25Oct16
Nomination.....
18Nov16
AOR Received.
1Dec16
Med's Done....
27Oct16
Passport Req..
13Feb17
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
drajpoot said:
Its a great idea to make a exploratory visit to Halifax as it will support your settlement plan and convince nomination officer that you really have a strong intention to settle in Nova Scotia which will surely reduce your processing time.
If your husband is planning to visit Halifax I would suggest him to make an exploratory visit report containing all kind your research he did like :Researching information related to moving to and living in Nova Scotia such as schooling for children, the costs and availability of housing (rent or purchase), recreational activities, services available for newcomers and the general cost of living.
You can describe all the activities you have undertaken during this visit AND cover the entire period of stay in Canada starting from the first day of entry to the day of leaving Canada and also including time spent in other provinces, if any. You should include pictures, airline tickets, boarding passes, hotel receipts, business cards and all other relevant details to describe the activities undertaken during the visit

Its wonderful idea to support your plan.

regards
D
Thank you very much for help! The information that you give to all the members is undoubtedly very helpful.

I am October 9 applicant and it's too late for any changes :). I have attached to the application settlment plan (containig information you mentioned) and confirmation of volonteering. No pictures, no airline tickets, no boarding passes or any other documents which are not required by the application guide. The purpose of travel, mentioned when I applied for the visa, was visiting friends.

How do you think do nominee officers request information about previous visits to Canada from CIC?

wisky

Jul 1, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09Oct15
Doc's Request.
25Oct16
Nomination.....
18Nov16
AOR Received.
1Dec16
Med's Done....
27Oct16
Passport Req..
13Feb17
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
and it was bad idea- visiting NS, because. this fact. became restriction for applying. to other provinces ... especially. Manitoba :(

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJCorps said:
Hello all hopeful! Just to update that we have got passports back with visa and COPR. Thank to Almighty. Travelling to Halifax in September. Wanna share one info which I couldn't find on discussion forum regarding POF. I was wondering what could be simplest and fastest way to carry POF with us while landing. I learned that you can open Scotia Bank account online from your home country (through StartRight program for new comers) with your passport number, CPR document number and expected arrival date. You can do so as early as 18 months before arrival. They will ask you to create secure mail and will send you account number and details how you can transfer up to 50000 CAD one time to your new account. One important thing: You can only transfer funds from your own bank account in your home country. They don't accept funds from exchange houses or any other person's account or any other country/ source. Once funds are processed, Scotia Bank will send you account statement which could be shown as POF on arrival. Once you arrive, you can visit any of Scotia Bank branch to activate that account. Once activated, all your funds would be available to you as normal bank account.

Hope this may help some one who is curious about POF like me.
Are we required to show proof of funds when we arrive Canada? if yes, can't we show our regular account statements if you have debit/credit cards that can be used to assess funds from any part of the world? kindly throw more light on this please. Thank you

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
wisak said:
Are we required to show proof of funds when we arrive Canada? if yes, can't we show our regular account statements if you have debit/credit cards that can be used to assess funds from any part of the world? kindly throw more light on this please. Thank you
Yes you can. You are fine with that. He just gave you one easiest option to open an account and put money in that as you also bring some money to canada so better just open an account from your home country.
Rest you are fine with your proof of funds.

regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
wisky said:
and it was bad idea- visiting NS, because. this fact. became restriction for applying. to other provinces ... especially. Manitoba :(
Mainly concerning Nova Scotia program, I said its great idea to visit Nova Scotia as it will strongly support your intention. I am sorry if you mind that

regards
D

melvenb

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
16-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My app was received by Syndey CIO on Aug 4 because of DHL's 3rd party deliver (Loomis Canada). Now i dont know when exactly my app was forwaded to Halifax NSOI.. Anybody here know how can I check when exactly my app was received in Halifax?

idaal

Feb 25, 2015
drajpoot said:
You are welcome.
By the way If you do not mind may I know in which part of US you have business.
regards
D
In NY n Houston ... that's why I asked you if I might have any problems because of my working USA visa

asmdnayeem

Apr 19, 2014
Dear all, i need your help. I have received a mail from nominee officer where he asked me to explain my position. Please advise me how to answer the query.

regards,

ASM

• What factors have influenced your decision to immigrate to Nova Scotia and make this your permanent home as opposed to other provinces?
• Do you have any friends in Nova Scotia?
• Have you contacted any community groups or employers in Nova Scotia? If so please list.
• Do you have any other family members living in Canada? If yes, in which province(s) do they live and what is their family relation to you?
• Since your application, have you applied to any other provinces? Have you have applied for the Federal Skilled Worker Program again?
• You previously applied to Alberta. Is it your intention to be reunited with your brother?

This information must be submitted to NSOI within 10 business days of the date of this correspondence.

Regards,

Nominee Officer NS
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
Can one engage in a postgraduate (PhD) study after arriving Canada as a permanent resident and still obtain citizenship after 3 years of studying? does studying impact the minimum number of years required to obtain citizenship?