+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

laroiyaambuj

Dec 5, 2015
drajpoot said:
You need to have patience and do not sent mails regarding updates as NSOI is already busy in processing of files. Many July applicants are waiting for some news so you are not alone there are many applicants are in same boat. So dont lose hope.
All the best.
1. Hi Drajpoot...can you guide on the steps after receiving the stamped passports along with CPR?
A document has been sent along-with the passports but it is not exhaustive...i am now looking for communicating the dates when i plan to land in NS..

2. Also, what will be my port of entry?? How to determine whether i need to land directly in HAlifax or at Toronto first??

I am planning to land by August end / early september..

Ambuj

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
laroiyaambuj said:
1. Hi Drajpoot...can you guide on the steps after receiving the stamped passports along with CPR?
A document has been sent along-with the passports but it is not exhaustive...i am now looking for communicating the dates when i plan to land in NS..

2. Also, what will be my port of entry?? How to determine whether i need to land directly in HAlifax or at Toronto first??

I am planning to land by August end / early september..

Ambuj
You are outside of Canada so you do not have option to do your landing in CIC office or at the Border.
So whenever you will come to Nova Scotia , Your port of entry will be the first International Airport of Canada.

If you have connecting flights from your country to Toronto then Toronto to Halifax, then you will get PR at Toronto.
It is because once you arrive Toronto international airport you have to pass immigration because you will fly to Halifax through domestic flight.

If you have connecting flights from your country to Somewhere in Europe and then Europe to Halifax then you will get PR at Halifax international airport.

Make sure at the time of landing you have Documents to show proof of fund , address in Nova Scotia (where you need your PR card to be mailed).

laroiyaambuj

Dec 5, 2015
drajpoot said:
You are outside of Canada so you do not have option to do your landing in CIC office or at the Border.
So whenever you will come to Nova Scotia , Your port of entry will be the first International Airport of Canada.

If you have connecting flights from your country to Toronto then Toronto to Halifax, then you will get PR at Toronto.
It is because once you arrive Toronto international airport you have to pass immigration because you will fly to Halifax through domestic flight.

If you have connecting flights from your country to Somewhere in Europe and then Europe to Halifax then you will get PR at Halifax international airport.

Make sure at the time of landing you have Documents to show proof of fund , address in Nova Scotia (where you need your PR card to be mailed).
thanks drajpoot..i checked the flights from india..probably ill take the one from new delhi to london and then london to halifax, so i think my port of entry will be Halifax.

One more thing..i showed my proof of funds in form of FDR in India..doi need to carry a latest certificate of balance of the fdr as proof of funds or i need to carry it completely in form of cash/traveler cheques..n how do i declare tham as they will be more than CAD10000??

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
laroiyaambuj said:
thanks drajpoot..i checked the flights from india..probably ill take the one from new delhi to london and then london to halifax, so i think my port of entry will be Halifax.

One more thing..i showed my proof of funds in form of FDR in India..doi need to carry a latest certificate of balance of the fdr as proof of funds or i need to carry it completely in form of cash/traveler cheques..n how do i declare tham as they will be more than CAD10000??
You just need to carry a bank document which states that you have required funds to settle you
and your family in Canada and these funds are transferable anytime.

Basmabooboo

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
Nomination.....
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Med's Done....
1-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2016
taral80 said:
NS PNP
Hi friends, just saw my MyCIC status:

Application/profile status: Closed
Review of eligibility: Passed
Review of medical results:Passed
Review of submitted documents: Provided
Scheduling an interview: (Blank)
A background check is needed: Complete
Final decision: This application has been approved

I sent the passports to NDVO on 25th April and received a message yesterday that it has been processed and sent to Mumbai VFS. I should probably receive in a day or two.
congratulations

are you an inland or outland?
and what are your dates, how long did take from the submission of the application to the approval.

ChrisCornel

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hi guys,
Need some expert advice, I'm an NSNP skilled stream applicant and sent my application last April and sent back due to missing document. I missed to send the Job letter from the employer which I have on hand also but didn't included on my documents because it want on the checklist. Any suggestion regarding this? If I will send again my application, which is the best way, paper base or through online? Thank you for all those who will reply :) kudos to all!

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
ChrisCornel said:
Hi guys,
Need some expert advice, I'm an NSNP skilled stream applicant and sent my application last April and sent back due to missing document. I missed to send the Job letter from the employer which I have on hand also but didn't included on my documents because it want on the checklist. Any suggestion regarding this? If I will send again my application, which is the best way, paper base or through online? Thank you for all those who will reply :) kudos to all!

Hi Chris

Initially I would suggest you to please read thoroughly the letter from NSOI which you get with your returned application, if they specifically mentioned any instructions about missing documents or anything. Make sure you do not miss anything.

My suggestion is the good way is paper base application, In online application , you need to scan all documents which is kind of time taking then sometimes there is size Limit at the time of uploading. I do not know exactly about the processing time of online or paper base application but as you already applied once in April and you get back the application almost in one month so you should use the same way (was it online ?).

One more thing before submitting your application this time, please read application guide carefully each page , it will take your 1 or 2 hour but read all information do not miss a single word. By this way you will not miss to submit any document this time

Wish you good luck ............
D.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Im feeling so disappointed with nova scotia processing time. This is bizarre as nova scotia is delaying so much.

hppw

Nov 13, 2015
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Req for Docs(Sch A): 22.01.16 (PCC/RCMP): 10.02.16
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Anyone landed in NS recently. Please share your experience. Looking to making Landing in NS in next month so looking for folks who can share
1. How did they land - Road or Air
2. If you entered in Canada at Toronto / Vancuver as first landing airport. Any issues faced.
3. Any Provincial Nominee entered Canada via road. Is it recommended.
4. Job situation in NS

anything else please share.

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ritawallu said:
Im feeling so disappointed with nova scotia processing time. This is bizarre as nova scotia is delaying so much.
Yes, so disappointing... :'(

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
hppw said:
Anyone landed in NS recently. Please share your experience. Looking to making Landing in NS in next month so looking for folks who can share
1. How did they land - Road or Air
2. If you entered in Canada at Toronto / Vancuver as first landing airport. Any issues faced.
3. Any Provincial Nominee entered Canada via road. Is it recommended.
Anyone who is already in Canada, when gets PR , he or she need to go outside Canada and then enter in Canada. This process can be done by air or by road.
By Air he or she can fly anywhere outside canada and then come back. Rarely people do it because it is costly.
By road he or she can cross any nearest US_CANADA border
One more option is landing at CIC office. For this you need to take appointment.
So anyone who is in Canada can do landing according to their convenience

4. Job situation in NS
Job situation in NS is same like everywhere in the world.

anything else please share.

hppw

Nov 13, 2015
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Req for Docs(Sch A): 22.01.16 (PCC/RCMP): 10.02.16
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-09-2016
Thanks Drajpoot for response.

My question was mainly from Outland PNP perspective. I am in US and looking for best possible option for landing. Any suggestions ?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
hppw said:
Thanks Drajpoot for response.

My question was mainly from Outland PNP perspective. I am in US and looking for best possible option for landing. Any suggestions ?
The best way is do your landing at US-Niagra border if it close to you. there are also one more bridge where you can also do your landing as many people do.
You are in US so you have option to do landing either by air or by road.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
What has really gone wrong with Nova Scotia Office of immigration? So slow more than a snail. This is frustrating and sickening. See how progressive Manitoba is. A beautiful, well aligned programme that you can monitor online. Besides, they've continued to progress in assessing files. But here we are with Nova Scotia, left in the dark and uncertainty of fate and hope. We don't have a slint of an idea how or when exactly we should be expecting to hear from them. Isn't this man's inhumanity to man? Atleast, there should have been some kind of updates from them without bulging since the apparent delay is not unconnected with their unrestrained desire to receive more than they can handle. I'm beginning to dislike this province. :(