+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Ogoza

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
areise said:
i am refused due to losing points of work experience. :(
thank you all for supports and guideline.
So sorry about your refusal bruv. however, why did they deduct points from your work experience? you have over 5 years experience, so you should be awarded the whole 15 points for that category. Your explanation will help others. thank you.

MASF

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
taral80 said:
i received NS nomination in Nov 2015 and submitted my PR application in Dec 2015.

During NSNP process i was asked to fill up the details in a Table comparing my job duties with the corresponding NOC. I think all, who received the nomination received the same request. My question is, should we send this Table to CIC also? I did not send this Table with my PR application. But now i was thinking to send via CSE...

Any suggestions friends...
In the nomination email I was informed to send any thing I send in support of my application for nomination to send to CIC as well. If you feel compelled to send it then go ahead with a CSE. Is it that you feel compelled?

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
Ogoza said:
So sorry about your refusal bruv. however, why did they deduct points from your work experience? you have over 5 years experience, so you should be awarded the whole 15 points for that category. Your explanation will help others. thank you.
Even if NS claims 15 for his work experience, he still can't met EE shrehold line, because according to FSW, only 6+ years work expereince can claim 15.

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
areise said:
i had 68 points with 5 years 8 months work experience. but as on 19th May NSOI had changed the system so i lose 2 points. I thought that they would consider me as i have already gain 6 years work experience unfortunately they only accept the work experience at the time of application. so i was fool to keep silent on my own imagination and not to seat for ielts exam again after application submission.
Sorry to hear that. You should have re-take your IELTS exam after submission. But don't give up, 2016 will open soon.

Paulosky

Aug 23, 2015
cathy2tt who told u they will open soon with they way they are slow in processing files they may nt reopen till august

poonam_nagrani

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
areise said:
i am refused due to losing points of work experience. :(
thank you all for supports and guideline.
ohhh.... you can file again as you have attained 6+ work experience now.... be ready will all docs (in case you require to give another ielts.. go ahead and give ti asap) ... moreover keep an eye on nspnp stream to reopen .. good luck

Kind Ragards
Poonam

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
poonam_nagrani said:
ohhh.... you can file again as you have attained 6+ work experience now.... be ready will all docs (in case you require to give another ielts.. go ahead and give ti asap) ... moreover keep an eye on nspnp stream to reopen .. good luck

Kind Ragards
Poonam
Thank you dear.
i explained that i have already 6+ work experience hence they could sanction 2 points but they refused. i have seen a guy with similar situation but that province issued him nomination. however,i am not frustrated but feeling pain that i have to wait again for another intake of nomination.

cathy2tt

Dec 9, 2015
Paulosky said:
cathy2tt who told u they will open soon with they way they are slow in processing files they may nt reopen till august
SOON doesn't mean tomorrow or at once... I mean they will open sooner or later, just be well-prepared and wait that day come.

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
areise said:
Thank you dear.
i explained that i have already 6+ work experience hence they could sanction 2 points but they refused. i have seen a guy with similar situation but that province issued him nomination. however,i am not frustrated but feeling pain that i have to wait again for another intake of nomination.
They ALWAYS consider upto the date when you have submitted your application. Even reference letters are the same. I had applied in Mar 2015. But the job reference letter was dated Aug 14. So they initially awarded me experience only upto Aug 14. My point were went below 67. Later, when they asked me for more experience I got the letter updated to Oct 15. And that worked.

Never assume anything. They don't extrapolate, they don't assume. Because its possible that you quit your job just after the application. So they cannot assume that you had been working all this time and add experience for that. You HAVE to provide documents to prove that.

Don't worry friend. Just update all your documents inc. IELTS, and be ready to submit once again when the stream open.

I had been applying since 2011. This is my fourth application that got through. Don't get frustrated. Don't give up. It WILL happen!

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
MarvelMagnum said:
They ALWAYS consider upto the date when you have submitted your application. Even reference letters are the same. I had applied in Mar 2015. But the job reference letter was dated Aug 14. So they initially awarded me experience only upto Aug 14. My point were went below 67. Later, when they asked me for more experience I got the letter updated to Oct 15. And that worked.

Never assume anything. They don't extrapolate, they don't assume. Because its possible that you quit your job just after the application. So they cannot assume that you had been working all this time and add experience for that. You HAVE to provide documents to prove that.

Don't worry friend. Just update all your documents inc. IELTS, and be ready to submit once again when the stream open.

I had been applying since 2011. This is my fourth application that got through. Don't get frustrated. Don't give up. It WILL happen!
thank you bro.take care

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
hey friends, I received NS nomination and applied for PR in Dec 2015 and my application is under process. I am confident about all the documents i submitted. Only one thing keeps bothering me is My Job Titles, believe me they are very misleading but at the same time i am confident about the job duties... I am thinking to write an LOE via CSE explaining the reason why my Job Titles are not according to the NOC titles since I am afraid what if they would refuse my Application. Sometimes I feel that they might not look into Job Title since i already have received the Nova Scotia Nomination but sometimes i also feel that if CIC receives my LOE, and after looking it, the immigration officer might create some trouble...
Please give your opinions which will help me to cope with this dilemma...thanks...

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
MASF said:
In the nomination email I was informed to send any thing I send in support of my application for nomination to send to CIC as well. If you feel compelled to send it then go ahead with a CSE. Is it that you feel compelled?
i sent a short explanation to Nova Scotia while asked to fill up the 'Table' and the explanation was about my Job Title which does not match with the NOC but my duties match. So i feel that i should send the same Table and explanation to CIC also...

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
i sent a short explanation to Nova Scotia while asked to fill up the 'Table' and the explanation was about my Job Title which does not match with the NOC but my duties match. So i feel that i should send the same Table and explanation to CIC also...
I think you shouldn't expect them to overlook some discrepancy, but explain that right away. If there's a possibility that the title may confuse the officers, you just need to give them a reasonable explanation. In the end, the job duties are what matters.

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Skywalker_RT said:
I think you shouldn't expect them to overlook some discrepancy, but explain that right away. If there's a possibility that the title may confuse the officers, you just need to give them a reasonable explanation. In the end, the job duties are what matters.
but isn't it late now? My PR aor is 19th dec 2015.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
but isn't it late now? My PR aor is 19th dec 2015.
Oh, I overlooked that detail! But, as I said, in the end the job duties are what really matters. If they refuse your application, maybe you can appeal the decision and send an LOE.