+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

victorhora

Jan 3, 2016
ritawallu said:
Thanks a lot victor.....that was really of immens. I wish you get your PR soon and your patience of waiting ends.
Good luck.
Best wishes.
No worries mate. Feel free to ask anything else... I know how it feels to be on your shoes. I guess like everyone here, I dreamed of moving to Canada for a long time (I would say over 5 years ago)... I could say it took me in total 3 long years of hard work towards meeting the minimum requirements to finally get a nomination... Still I know I was also lucky and I'm really grateful for that :)

I hope you get your nomination soon! :D

Cheers,
Victor.

victorhora

Jan 3, 2016
Btw, The Nova Scotia office of Immigration (NOT CIC!) asked for the additional information below before sending the ITA for NSNP EE. I thought this info might help someone here :)

1. Notify/confirm the NOC under which I was applying (although I had already filled the NOC on the NSNP application)

2. Provide third party evidence that the job duties match those in the lead statement and main duties under that NOC through a letter of reference from the employer. Had to submit a letter of reference from the employer stating the job duties, not just the job title. I was advised to follow the NSDEE Application Guide which suggests a signed letter written on company letterhead, showing company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website address describing the specific period of my employment with the positions held during the period of employment and time spent in each position, main responsibilities and duties in each position, annual salary plus benefits in each position, and the number of hours worked per week in each position.

---> This could be hard to get within the tight deadline immi puts for you for all the companies you worked... Luckily enough I was a close friend to the company CEO I worked for the past 9 years and was able to come up with this in a week... I strongly recommend to anyone wishing to apply to any kind (or country) of immigration to come up with this sort of document in ADVANCE!... Otherwise you might get in trouble and loose your nomination!

3. Provide an up-to-date statement of the funds. The document provided in the beginning of 2015 proved funds just below the lower limit for a family of two immigrating to Canada through Express Entry. (Thanks to the huge decline of Brazilian currency over dollars). Something to always be aware! :()

4. I have stated on my application that I was intending to visit Halifax and I was asked if I have I done so and to provide evidence, and if not why not. My answer was basically that I didn't want to lower even more the funds I needed for immigration.

5. I was asked who mailed my application (a courrier company did) as the return address was not the address listed on the NSNP 100 form.

I was given only 3 weeks to sort out all of that... so you need to be really prepared and quick... :)

cennabit

Apr 13, 2015
aru_nj said:
We have a whatsup group for post AOR members , are you interested?

updated your details in PR section of the spreadsheet
Can you please add me in the WhatsApp group for AoR?
My phone is +13126469270

Thanks

cennabit

Apr 13, 2015
victorhora said:
Thanks for the positive thoughts mate :)

I heard other cases where people are over the 6 month "SLA" so, I'm not 100% confident (although I try to always be positive! :D) of CIC asking the passports this month.

I'm anxious but ok, as I imagine I have gone through the worst of it (actually being "good" and lucky enough to get nominated for a province)...

Maybe because I'm from Brazil, the background check takes longer... Everything that depends on public service in this country takes forever to happen. Other than that we have too many criminals and corrupts in this country (that's why I'm running from it :)), so CIC needs to be 100% sure I'm not one of them :p

I'll let you guys know if I get some update this month.

Cheers,
Victor.
Well, I'm also from Brazil and it is also taking long time. I uploaded the requested American PCC check in October but I haven't had any news since then... Waiting...

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
number411 said:
I've never heard of this cool period? On the contrary, I've only seen people correcting their documents and reapplying as soon as possible. In fact, I've even seen people immediately doing a CSE and reopening a rejected application? Can you please give me some link that talks about a "cool period" between two successive eAPRs if I get an ITA immediately after rejection?
I am not talking about missing or incorrect documents where they usually return an application as incomplete or ask you to provide additional documents. They usually don't reject an application outright for those reasons. However, they reject an application when they find that some information provided may be false. In case of misrepresentation, I think one is banned from reapplying for 5 years. That is the cooldown period I am talking about.

number411 said:
I'm only talking about rejection for technical reasons such as some documentation problem. I'm sure I satisfy eligibility, security, criminality and other checks. After AOR, where will NS guys ask me about "whether I've applied for PR before", because we are not filling any other application? The AOR was for application sent 8 months ago, isn't it? I think I don't understand what you're saying here at all.
NSNP asks about previous PR and Nomination applications during the Pre-AOR, AOR phases or additional document phases and they often ask you to explain why you chose NS for immigration.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
victorhora said:
Hi,

Here is my timeline:

Application sent/received by NS Office of Immigration: 12/01/2015 - 14/01/2015
NSNP AOR: 03/04/2015
NSNP ADDITIONAL documents requested-provided: 04/06/2015 - 16/06/2015
NSNP Nomination: 23/06/2015

Application/AOR for CIC: 22/07/2015
CIC ADDITIONAL documents requested-provided: 31/07/2015 - 03/08/2015

Medicals passed: 08/10/2015
Background check started: 10/10/2015 - in progress

No updates since then...

This wait is a pain :(
My advice to you is to check on which visa office your file is currently in. You can do this by sending enquiry mail to CPC Ottawa or your local visa office, i also recommed you to order a GCMS notes as your file has passed 6 months

added your case in spreadsheet.........

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
cennabit said:
Can you please add me in the WhatsApp group for AoR?
My phone is +13126469270

Thanks
Sure, Can you give us your timeline for spreadsheet updation....

sheoran87

Star Member
Feb 17, 2015
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello everyone

i want to ask :-

My IELTS will expire on 15th march and my new IELTS result will come on 17th march(usually take 12 days) and my IELTS Marksheet(which i require to update my EE profile) will take another 10 days to come approximate end of the march.

Till that time my EE profile has expired then how i will update my old profile with new score?

i have already written my EE profile code in my NS pnp application and that is goin to be expire on 15 th march due to my IELTS.

i go through their guide:-

Step 3: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Express Entry System
A. If you are not already registered in the Express Entry System and NSOI would like to nominate you, you will receive an email from NSOI asking you to apply to register within Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Express Entry system. Within 10 days of NSOI’s email, you will need to complete an online Express Entry profile and email your unique identifier number to nsnp@novascotia.ca. NSOI will then nominate you in the Express Entry system and you will need to accept the nomination within the Express Entry system.
If you are already in the Express Entry pool and following assessment NSOI would like to nominate you, NSOI will nominate you in the Express Entry system and you will need to accept the nomination within the Express Entry system.
B. Invitation to Apply for permanent residence by CIC
Following acceptance of the nomination with the Express Entry system, you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence by CIC. You will have 60 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence. You will need to upload your application and supporting documents via your MyCIC account. You, your spouse, common-law partner and dependents must meet requirements for medical, security and criminal admissibility to CIC’s satisfaction. In some cases, you may be asked to go for an interview. For further information on applications through Express Entry, see the following website: www.canada.ca/expressentry

please suggest

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
sheoran87 said:
Hello everyone

i want to ask :-

My IELTS will expire on 15th march and my new IELTS result will come on 17th march(usually take 12 days) and my IELTS Marksheet(which i require to update my EE profile) will take another 10 days to come approximate end of the march.

Till that time my EE profile has expired then how i will update my old profile with new score?

i have already written my EE profile code in my NS pnp application and that is goin to be expire on 15 th march due to my IELTS.

i go through their guide:-

Step 3: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Express Entry System
A. If you are not already registered in the Express Entry System and NSOI would like to nominate you, you will receive an email from NSOI asking you to apply to register within Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s Express Entry system. Within 10 days of NSOI’s email, you will need to complete an online Express Entry profile and email your unique identifier number to nsnp@novascotia.ca. NSOI will then nominate you in the Express Entry system and you will need to accept the nomination within the Express Entry system.
If you are already in the Express Entry pool and following assessment NSOI would like to nominate you, NSOI will nominate you in the Express Entry system and you will need to accept the nomination within the Express Entry system.
B. Invitation to Apply for permanent residence by CIC
Following acceptance of the nomination with the Express Entry system, you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence by CIC. You will have 60 days to submit an electronic application for permanent residence. You will need to upload your application and supporting documents via your MyCIC account. You, your spouse, common-law partner and dependents must meet requirements for medical, security and criminal admissibility to CIC’s satisfaction. In some cases, you may be asked to go for an interview. For further information on applications through Express Entry, see the following website: www.canada.ca/expressentry

please suggest
When did you sended your application to nova scotia? Since, they take approx 9 months, so accordingly you have ample time to recreate your express entry profile with new IELTS details. Once it is done, you can send you EE profile number by email to nova scotia i.e. nsnp@novascotia.ca

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hi All,

Can we have 2 EOIs with different NOC Codes ? Also, can we apply for 2 Provincial nomination using these 2 EOIs under different NOCs ? Please advise.

Regards,
Aditya

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adigautam said:
Hi All,

Can we have 2 EOIs with different NOC Codes ? Also, can we apply for 2 Provincial nomination using these 2 EOIs under different NOCs ? Please advise.

Regards,
Aditya
No and obviously, no. You cannot have more than one active EE profile at a time.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
rajkamalmohanram said:
No and obviously, no. You cannot have more than one active EE profile at a time.
Thank you for answering. Can I apply for 2 PNPs using the same EE Profile Number ? Is that possible ?

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
Hello

I have applied to Nova Scotia EE PNP program in December. I have applied to the NOC of 2171 for which I have enough experience.
I have completed my education in Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation Major.
As per SINP, you need to have at least one year of job experience from your higher education.
Suppose in my case if i have done Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation Major, I need to Work Experience Related to Instrumentation Engineering.

Is there any similar case for NSPN, where you need to have Job experience related to your higher education (Bachelors/Masters) ?

Regards

bonita23

Nov 20, 2015
i just received an email from nova scotia asking me if i have application from other PNP... i think its pre-AOR... they received my application last may 22,2015.... waiting for their next email for AOR soon..