Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @areise . I have got this pdf at
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSDEE-English.pdf

Will that be enough to get all the information regarding the NS PNP ?

Any other helpful links or advice you would like to share, so that i will start preparing my application ?

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
hemche said:
Thanks @areise . I have got this pdf at
http://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSDEE-English.pdf

Will that be enough to get all the information regarding the NS PNP ?

Any other helpful links or advice you would like to share, so that i will start preparing my application ?
this pdf contains complete guide line for application, you can also read earlier pages/discussions of this thread. if you have any specific question then you can share here.
thank you

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @areise

One last question at this juncture, before i start applying.

Is there any threshold under this Demand Express Entry category? If so, should i wait till next announcement ?
::)

minasoliman

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Urgent question?
Is it necessary to have a job offer from nova scotia to be able to apply for such a province,the same for other provinces?

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
minasoliman said:
Urgent question?
Is it necessary to have a job offer from nova scotia to be able to apply for such a province,the same for other provinces?
NOT AT ALL MANDATORY. It is just you get points if you have one.

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
hemche said:
Thanks @areise

One last question at this juncture, before i start applying.

Is there any threshold under this Demand Express Entry category? If so, should i wait till next announcement ?
::)
yes, there were 350 nominations available in NS Demand EE category but recently it has raised more. Unfortunately i dont know the exact number. I would suggest you to apply as soon as possible because there is no processing fee. In addition, all the applications will remain in queue for the next year. On the other hands, it is said that next year the process will be in online. However, i have not got any link yet to support this claim. Just keep ready all of your documents, if it launch online system then apply again.
thank you

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
areise said:
yes, there were 350 nominations available in NS Demand EE category but recently it has raised more. Unfortunately i dont know the exact number. I would suggest you to apply as soon as possible because there is no processing fee. In addition, all the applications will remain in queue for the next year. On the other hands, it is said that next year the process will be in online. However, i have not got any link yet to support this claim. Just keep ready all of your documents, if it launch online system then apply again.
thank you
This is really helpful :) Thanks a bunch ! I will start collecting my documents.

sand0987

May 29, 2014
Hi guys

Applied for NSNP some time in March,2015.

They require an explanation for the below question-

3 (b) I will, also, require to know where on their federal application they indicated they intended to settle. IF, it was not in Nova Scotia, I require an explanation from each applicant why they have now decided to settle in Nova Scotia rather than their original destination

As I had applied for Federal Skilled Worker- 2014(My application reached after NOC hit the limit) but on one of the forms for a question- where do you in intend to live in Canada? i chose Ontario.

But at the time I was not aware of NSNP or any other province, so went with popular one.

Requesting for help to come up with a good defense for the question.

Thanks in advance.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sand0987 said:
Hi guys

Applied for NSNP some time in March,2015.

They require an explanation for the below question-

3 (b) I will, also, require to know where on their federal application they indicated they intended to settle. IF, it was not in Nova Scotia, I require an explanation from each applicant why they have now decided to settle in Nova Scotia rather than their original destination

As I had applied for Federal Skilled Worker- 2014(My application reached after NOC hit the limit) but on one of the forms for a question- where do you in intend to live in Canada? i chose Ontario.

But at the time I was not aware of NSNP or any other province, so went with popular one.

Requesting for help to come up with a good defense for the question.

Thanks in advance.
That was a common reason for rejection some months ago. Besides stating your reasons, it would be good if you provided some more elaborate proof, such as job research and applications in NS, research on communities, friends or even acquaintances you might have there, or even some very specific reasons to prefer NS over Ontario, and not only things such as "I love seafood". Try to provide the most evidences you can find, as they want to be sure that you're not using Nova Scotia as a bridge to enter Canada.

By the way, if you haven't registered to the spreadsheet, we'd be glad if you do so. The links are on my signature.

sand0987

May 29, 2014
Skywalker_RT said:
That was a common reason for rejection some months ago. Besides stating your reasons, it would be good if you provided some more elaborate proof, such as job research and applications in NS, research on communities, friends or even acquaintances you might have there, or even some very specific reasons to prefer NS over Ontario, and not only things such as "I love seafood". Try to provide the most evidences you can find, as they want to be sure that you're not using Nova Scotia as a bridge to enter Canada.

By the way, if you haven't registered to the spreadsheet, we'd be glad if you do so. The links are on my signature.

Thanks a lot for the reply Skywalker.

But all the information with respect to Intent to Settle in Nova Scotia is justified in Settlement plan right?

Already included all the details such as the job opportunities, Communities etc

Can you suggest some ways to make my case stronger.

Please add me on the spreadsheet.

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
nova scotia ielts requirement ? whats the min band required for NSP?

when does it accept applications for 2016?

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sand0987 said:
Thanks a lot for the reply Skywalker.

But all the information with respect to Intent to Settle in Nova Scotia is justified in Settlement plan right?

Already included all the details such as the job opportunities, Communities etc

Can you suggest some ways to make my case stronger.

Please add me on the spreadsheet.
If you have already mentioned the "technical" part, maybe you need to go for the "sentimental". You can go with the excuse of not knowing Nova Scotia by the time of the FSW application, as you said, but try also to be clear that you have chosen Ontario because you still hadn't made your mind about any specific province. In other words, that it was a rushed decision to meet the deadline, and you could have chosen any other province, because you didn't know Canada very well (assuming that you really didn't). Then, you may try to make a comparison between Ontario and Nova Scotia, showing that you prefer a smaller place, with a less rushed lifestyle, that you like living by the sea, things like that. I don't know if it will work, but you have to try, as it seems that the officer is directly asking you why you have changed your mind. You should being by answering his/her question!

As for the spreadsheet, you have to do that by yourself. Just click on the "entry form" link, and fill all fields that you can (except for those related to nomination, ITA, etc).

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
rahimpal said:
nova scotia ielts requirement ? whats the min band required for NSP?

when does it accept applications for 2016?
check here, you will get about IELTS in language section

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Hamed__1983 said:
Hi dear guys,

I have very simple question that has made me confused.my IELTS mark is L:6,R:8,W:6,S:7 (overall:7). Now I want to know how my language score will be calculated!!?I read the application guide of Nova Scotia but didn't get the answer, I mean each skill have a separate score or just the overall score is important? in my calculation, it has 20 score (I calculated each skill separately) but I'm not sure,would u plz help me?
Listening 6-------4points
Reading 8--------6points
Writing 6--------4points
Speaking 7--------6points
The total is 20 points

http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/immigration/calculators/ielts_calculator.html

CLB LEVEL SPEAKING LISTENING READING WRITING
[tr][td]PONITS PER ABILITY
7 6.0 6.0-7.0 6.0 6.0 4
8 6.5 7.5 6.5 6.5 5
9 AND ABOVE 7.0-9.0 8.0-9.0 7.0-9.0 7.0-9.0 6