+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phaphy5 said:
Hi All,
I want to find out how job opportunities is like for health workers in Nova Scotia. I am an occupational therapist and I have gotten my AOR already. I will appreciate your expertise advice. thanks
You'll have to do some research yourself. The most common source of information about the job market in Canada is www.jobbank.gc.ca. There you can find the perspectives for your occupation and even some openings, although the best online resource for jobs in NS is Career Beacon (www.careerbeacon.ca).

tyron

Nov 25, 2015
I was about to submit my application form with my wife. Therefore I was reading the guide again, and I got a few questions:

1) Letters of reference from employers request information such as company's address, website, etc. My letters don't have the company website, for example. Is that a big problem?
2) It is really needed to have information such as annual salary and worked hours per week? Again, is that strictly needed? Because my ex-companies don't want to include this kind of information since it's not on their "template".
3) My bank doesn't provide letter of balance like requested. Should I send my bank statement in place?

Thank you in advance!

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
My husband is landing in Halifax on Dec 3rd from India.
His flight details goes like this: Bangalore - Frankfurt, Frankfurt-toranto, Toronto-halfiax.
now since we are Nova Scotia Provincial nominee, do we have to do landing formalities/ immigration things at Toranto?
in our CORP it is written as final destination is Halifax. since there are no direct flights to Halifax we he has to go via Toronto or Montreal .

Please advice.

thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sindhugururaj said:
My husband is landing in Halifax on Dec 3rd from India.
His flight details goes like this: Bangalore - Frankfurt, Frankfurt-toranto, Toronto-halfiax.
now since we are Nova Scotia Provincial nominee, do we have to do landing formalities/ immigration things at Toranto?
in our CORP it is written as final destination is Halifax. since there are no direct flights to Halifax we he has to go via Toronto or Montreal .

Please advice.

thanks
As far as I know, landing formalities are always done at the first Port of Entry. He will have to complete his landing formalities in Toronto.

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
As far as I know, landing formalities are always done at the first Port of Entry. He will have to complete his landing formalities in Toronto.
but we are Provincial nomination. and in CORP it is written as final destination is Halifax.
having said this, is it still mandatory to complete landing in Toranto?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sindhugururaj said:
but we are Provincial nomination. and in CORP it is written as final destination is Halifax.
having said this, is it still mandatory to complete landing in Toranto?
It doesn't matter which stream you received your visa under and what is mentioned as "Final Destination" in your COPR. "Landing" is done at the first POE, which is Toronto in your husband's case!

Other members, feel free to correct me if I am wrong!

daflipangel

Oct 19, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
It doesn't matter which stream you received your visa under and what is mentioned as "Final Destination" in your COPR. "Landing" is done at the first POE, which is Toronto in your husband's case!

Other members, feel free to correct me if I am wrong!
Yes, landing formalities should be at Toronto since it will be the Port of Entry in Canada. Toronto-Halifax is only a domestic flight and the husband will not pass into any immigration/checkpoints authority upon reaching Halifax.

khayz2015

Oct 16, 2015
Hello Admin,

Kindly include my details on the spreadsheet

Feb 24 – Application received
Oct 7 – AOR
Oct 14 - work experience update request and some question and answer on other document details
Oct 30 – Nomination
Nov 3- EE profile became ineligible when updated, lost nomination. Requested NS to re-issue nomination with new EE profile
Nov 18 – new nomination email sent.
Waiting for nomination certificate and ITA. Hopefully it will come soon. :)

My Question:

How long does it normally take for the nomination certificate?

Does anyone have a NSPNPNOC code different with that of their Express entry but was given an ITA nonetheless?

My express Entry NOC is 0113 (Purchasing Manager)

NSPNP NOC is 1225 (Purchasing Agents and Officers) with nomination

I couldn’t change this in my express entry profile as the code 1225 is not listed under express entry, but given I was issued a NSPNP nomination for 1225 which is like a downgrade of the purchasing manager position, I am thinking that they are already considering this. I’m just worried that when ITA comes this would be a concern. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
daflipangel said:
Yes, landing formalities should be at Toronto since it will be the Port of Entry in Canada. Toronto-Halifax is only a domestic flight and the husband will not pass into any immigration/checkpoints authority upon reaching Halifax.
Thanks a lot.
How long will the immigration process take? because his next flight to Halifax will be 2hours from landing at Toronto Airport?
Should we also declare silver articles which will be carried?

jagan7mohan

Oct 16, 2014
Hi All

This was the email i got from the officer .. I suddenly got a doubt . Is this just an email requesting for additional docs and after that i will get an AOR if everything goes well. ???

Dear Jagan Mohan

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) - Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry Stream.

In order to continue processing your application and ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for the stream, the following additional information is required:.... etc etc

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jagan7mohan said:
Hi All

This was the email i got from the officer .. I suddenly got a doubt . Is this just an email requesting for additional docs and after that i will get an AOR if everything goes well. ???

Dear Jagan Mohan

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) - Nova Scotia Demand Express Entry Stream.

In order to continue processing your application and ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for the stream, the following additional information is required:.... etc etc

Thanks
Yes, looks like it! This is just an additional document request mail! AOR shall follow!

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
aquafame said:
-NOC: 1112.
-Application Sent: 1st March
-Applicattion Received: 23rd March 2015
-AOR: 10 November 2015
-EE profile number, Job Seeker Validation Code, updated proof of funds, and NOC comparison with work experience sent date: 12th November 2015
-asked more info about where I would like to settle in NS, what research I did etc.: 13 November
-Nomination Email date: 19th November 2015

Thank you
Hi,
Please enter your data via a link in my signature.
Thanks

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
khayz2015 said:
Hello Admin,

Kindly include my details on the spreadsheet

Feb 24 – Application received
Oct 7 – AOR
Oct 14 - work experience update request and some question and answer on other document details
Oct 30 – Nomination
Nov 3- EE profile became ineligible when updated, lost nomination. Requested NS to re-issue nomination with new EE profile
Nov 18 – new nomination email sent.
Waiting for nomination certificate and ITA. Hopefully it will come soon. :)

My Question:

How long does it normally take for the nomination certificate?

Does anyone have a NSPNPNOC code different with that of their Express entry but was given an ITA nonetheless?

My express Entry NOC is 0113 (Purchasing Manager)

NSPNP NOC is 1225 (Purchasing Agents and Officers) with nomination

I couldn’t change this in my express entry profile as the code 1225 is not listed under express entry, but given I was issued a NSPNP nomination for 1225 which is like a downgrade of the purchasing manager position, I am thinking that they are already considering this. I’m just worried that when ITA comes this would be a concern. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
I couldnt find your name in SS. Pls enter your data in SS via a link in my signature.
Thanks

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Are they processing April applicants now? :D

daflipangel

Oct 19, 2015
sindhugururaj said:
Thanks a lot.
How long will the immigration process take? because his next flight to Halifax will be 2hours from landing at Toronto Airport?
Should we also declare silver articles which will be carried?
Toronto is a busy airport. One reason is due to passenger traffic so I can't really say how long it will take.

And as to what you should and should not declare or bring, you might want to check it here: http://www.catsa.gc.ca/

I hope it helps. ☺