+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

kojare123

Nov 17, 2014
GuiBrazuca said:
Looks like you prefer NB, otherwise you won`t be so worry about loosing NBPNP. I personally believe you should go to where your chances of adaptability are higher.

Have Fun!
Thank you GuiBrazuca, either NB or NS both places are beautiful and nice place to stay. I just hope that either one will give me that golden nomination :D

gfaux03

May 10, 2015
Hello all,

My dilemma is, I have been nominated for NSNP and the NOC is 2131 on my letter. This was the code
I selected when i filled the application form in January, because I have a BEng in this occupation and didn't know what I know now.
Afterwards I learnt that people were getting rejected because they select NOC that does not match their experience,
by then it was too late for me to change the NOC code in the application. NOC 2231 match my experience more and I more qualified in this category; although I have done a couple of the duties under NOC 2131. Now, when I make the application to CIC, should I select NOC 2231
that fit my experience more? or stick with NOC 2131, in which I have less experience?

Please help

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
gfaux03 said:
Hello all,

My dilemma is, I have been nominated for NSNP and the NOC is 2131 on my letter. This was the code
I selected when i filled the application form in January, because I have a BEng in this occupation and didn't know what I know now.
Afterwards I learnt that people were getting rejected because they select NOC that does not match their experience,
by then it was too late for me to change the NOC code in the application. NOC 2231 match my experience more and I more qualified in this category; although I have done a couple of the duties under NOC 2131. Now, when I make the application to CIC, should I select NOC 2231
that fit my experience more? or stick with NOC 2131, in which I have less experience?

Please help
Well, IMO, I think you should go with whatever NOC you have on the nomination certificate. IMO, I don't see anything good coming from changing the NOC now. I think this has been discussed earlier somewhere on the forum!

kojare123

Nov 17, 2014
Skywalker_RT said:
That's a delicate matter. I don't know exactly how much information the provinces share. As for the processing in NS, current ones are taking less than a month, although we cannot tell if they are still nominating people or just starting the checking processes in order to give the nominations as soon as 2016 begins.

You must be aware, though, that you might end empty-handed. While your NS application is still considered an EOI, the NB one is already a formal application, since they have given you the AOR. Therefore, you can expect them to have assigned a case number, and they may share information about it with NS. In the moment you confirm your acceptance of NS nomination, you will have officially applied to the province. Do you see where this may lead? Even if it is not considered a misrepresentation, because you have probably stated in NS application form that you haven't applied to any other province. You might argue that, by the time of your application, you hadn't, but they are explicit that you are responsible for keeping your information up-to-date. Therefore, by keeping the fact of your NB application to yourself, you have actually failed to inform NS about an important change in your situation. As a matter of fact, they must have asked you explicitly if you have applied to another province...

My advice is to stick to your NB application, which is the only considered official. Of course I cannot deny that this is also best to my own interests, as you are in front of me in NS's queue. And there is also the possibility of your NB be rejected, but if you have any reason to be rejected by them, it is also likely that the same will happen with NSOI. You must understand that this decision is yours alone, as both paths have inherent risks. To help you further, it would be interesting if you tell us how did you apply to NB (through an information session, by a connection to the province, etc) and if they have any reason to reject your connection to their province. Also, as I can see on the SS, you have quoted your Visa Office's location as Halifax. Does that mean that you're currently living in NS with a temporary visa? If that's true, it might have been a mistake applying to NB, as it would complicate your situation with both provinces.

Try also to consult the people in NB's thread, to know how long their application took to be finished and also if it's common to get a rejection after having your case accessed.

Thank you Skywalker_RT, btw im from Philippines and not from NS, my VO in Halifax was related to my previous FSW application last 2014 which was returned due to cap reached. About my NB app. it started when i attended their info session held here in Phil. then eventually got invited. My NB AOR was received on Oct. 23, 2015 and most likely they are reviewing my docs now. On the other hand, I got this email from NS a kind of pre AOR as they said which got me confused whether I have to continue my NS despite of my pending NB application. Also, another concern is my NOC that is regulated. Im not sure if they need a license prior to nomination for both NB or NS.... any idea? really need your opinion and experience.

Lastly, is there a viber or whatsapp group for NSPNP applicants.... i will be more glad to join.. thanks so much

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kojare123 said:
Thank you Skywalker_RT, btw im from Philippines and not from NS, my VO in Halifax was related to my previous FSW application last 2014 which was returned due to cap reached. About my NB app. it started when i attended their info session held here in Phil. then eventually got invited. My NB AOR was received on Oct. 23, 2015 and most likely they are reviewing my docs now. On the other hand, I got this email from NS a kind of pre AOR as they said which got me confused whether I have to continue my NS despite of my pending NB application. Also, another concern is my NOC that is regulated. Im not sure if they need a license prior to nomination for both NB or NS.... any idea? really need your opinion and experience.

Lastly, is there a viber or whatsapp group for NSPNP applicants.... i will be more glad to join.. thanks so much
There is Whatsapp group for NS. You can request joining in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nova-scotia-2015-whatsapp-group-t278641.0.html

As for regulated professions, NS might request an update in your settlement plan to know if you're aware of the steps necessary to register to practice your profession. But it seems you can't apply to NB under a regulated NOC, unless you have a valid job offer. I am surprised that your EOI was even accepted under such circumstances. Maybe it is because the application guide is outdated, as the eligibility requirements have changed recently. Try asking on the NB thread or, why not, NB immigration itself!

As a matter of fact, that might be the answer you were looking for! Inquire NB immigration about your situation. Tell them your occupation is regulated and show that you know the steps to obtain certification (provided you already know how). If they say it is not possible, it is most likely that they would reject you application anyway! Otherwise, go on with NB and ask NS to withdraw your application.

Nov 25, 2015
Hi All,

Need your expert advise on my situation. I am considering applying for NovaScotia Express Entry this year.
I have all other conditions fulfilled but, getting confused on one of them. In the form, we are required to declare all our relatives who are living in NS or elsewhere in Canada.
I have a brother-in-law living in Canada(not in NS) and he is a permanent resident there.
Do you advise to declare that relative or i can skip?

Regards
CI

evstigneeff

Jul 3, 2015
Hi guys,

Does anyone have an idea what are numbers (of 300) of recent nominations that took place in the middle of Oct - beginning of Nov (davimcjr, taral80, hope 2015, VATSALTR, etc)?

jagan7mohan

Oct 16, 2014
Hi Skywalker_RT and others

I just went through the NS in demand NOCs. I see 2171 is a better match than 2173 as i have mentioned in my application or 2283 which is the best fit for my profile (But not available in NS NOC demand list).

First thing I am going to do is telling the officer that 3 of the titles under 2173 which are listed below

(test engineer, software
testing engineer, software
software testing engineer.

and also a 3 points under main duties mentioned under this NOC 2173 have been listed in my reference letters

Also I observed that NOC 2171 has better match for my duties . And it is also available in Nova Scotia Demand List. Should i ask for a change to that NOC ?
Below is the point under 2171 which suits my duties better than 2173
(((Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.)))

Which of the above options should i try with the Nominee officer ?

Please Advise.

I can't say for sure, but I believe the duties are more important than the job title. Did you try asking the officer?[/s][/s]

I got a reply from the Nominee officer. It is as follows

"""I was able to confirm that you meet the majority of the work duties under NOC 2173. Ultimately it is you who has to decide on the NOC. Whichever NOC code you decide it must be the same for our office and CIC. let me know whether you want your work experience assessed under NOC 2173, 2171 or another NOC code..."""

Since the officer has given me the choice now, Should i try changing it to 2283 which is a perfect match . I understand that 2283 is not in the in demand list for NS. IN that case should i maintain it in 2173 since he has told i meet majority of the criteria for 2173 I am confused now

What would be the best way going forward.

Thanks
Jagan

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jagan7mohan said:
Hi Skywalker_RT and others

I just went through the NS in demand NOCs. I see 2171 is a better match than 2173 as i have mentioned in my application or 2283 which is the best fit for my profile (But not available in NS NOC demand list).

First thing I am going to do is telling the officer that 3 of the titles under 2173 which are listed below

(test engineer, software
testing engineer, software
software testing engineer.

and also a 3 points under main duties mentioned under this NOC 2173 have been listed in my reference letters

Also I observed that NOC 2171 has better match for my duties . And it is also available in Nova Scotia Demand List. Should i ask for a change to that NOC ?
Below is the point under 2171 which suits my duties better than 2173
(((Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.)))

Which of the above options should i try with the Nominee officer ?

Please Advise.

I can't say for sure, but I believe the duties are more important than the job title. Did you try asking the officer?[/s][/s]

I got a reply from the Nominee officer. It is as follows

"""I was able to confirm that you meet the majority of the work duties under NOC 2173. Ultimately it is you who has to decide on the NOC. Whichever NOC code you decide it must be the same for our office and CIC. let me know whether you want your work experience assessed under NOC 2173, 2171 or another NOC code..."""

Since the officer has given me the choice now, Should i try changing it to 2283 which is a perfect match . I understand that 2283 is not in the in demand list for NS. IN that case should i maintain it in 2173 since he has told i meet majority of the criteria for 2173 I am confused now

What would be the best way going forward.

Thanks
Jagan
Well, not many get an option like this. Since the officer himself is asking you to select a NOC of your choice, you can go with the NOC that fits you best provided your employer letter also mentions the roles and responsibilities that match the NOC that fits you best! This is only my opinion!

EDITED: You must then ask the officer if changing to 2283 is okay because it is not there in their demand list. (I am very sorry I did NOT read that part earlier; My apologies).

Good luck and all the very best!

Nov 25, 2015
canadaimmigrant16 said:
Hi All,

Need your expert advise on my situation. I am considering applying for NovaScotia Express Entry this year.
I have all other conditions fulfilled but, getting confused on one of them. In the form, we are required to declare all our relatives who are living in NS or elsewhere in Canada.
I have a brother-in-law living in Canada(not in NS) and he is a permanent resident there.

Regards
CI

Phaphy5

Nov 18, 2015
Hi All,
I want to find out how job opportunities is like for health workers in Nova Scotia. I am an occupational therapist and I have gotten my AOR already. I will appreciate your expertise advice. thanks

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadaimmigrant16 said:
Hi All,

Regards
CI
Relatives outside NS can complicate your situation, as you'll need a good argument to convince the officers that you won't use NS as a bridge to the province that they live in. That being said, I'm not sure if they have a way of linking your brother-in-law to you. Is he your spouse's brother or your sister's husband? If he is your sister's husband, I assume they live together.

A brother-in-law himself can't be considered a relative, but in both cases, either you or your spouse have a relative in another province. You can try to hide the fact, but if they find out, you'll be misrepresenting, and that may have consequences if discovered. If you tell them, they will surely question your intention to settle in the province, and you'll need to have a solid argument to prove your intentions. Both paths are risky.