+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Pls help me to understand this about my situation.

1. Is it MANDATORY to have work exp in NOC list as per "Appendix 1: Opportunity occupations in Nova Scotia" given on page-19 of NSNP EE pdf???

or we can apply even if our NOC does not fall into this list of NOCs?

2. I have total of 8.5 years of experience in last 10 years over 2 NOCs,

and one of the NOCs is in the list of NOCs as mentioned above, but that is only for 1 year 3 months. I have continuous 7 years of work exp in another NOC, but this NOC is not in the list of occupations mentioned in the NSNP EE application guide pdf?

So, will I become eligible to send my application for NS PNP?

3. If yes, then how many points of work experience I can get... ? Is it for the NOC which I am applying or it will be for entire work experience in last 10 years?

Awaiting for your replies.

Thanking you for your support. :)

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
appypatel said:
Hello guys, I want to apply for Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Program. Is there any threshold for the application? can anyone guide me how to apply and what documents needed? Is there any online website to submit forms and documents like SINP ?.
Type "Nova Scotia deman express entry in google and search. You will be populated with all info that you need.

Regards

ankit_46

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Hi friends,
A very happy friendship day to all of u.

I am trying for apply for NSNP. NOC 2281..Is it late to apply or still i have a chance to get nominated ? Kindly guide me friends ..

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oksma said:
Type "Nova Scotia deman express entry in google and search. You will be populated with all info that you need.

Regards
Hi oksma..

pls can you help me with my below query?

munjal said:
Hi,

1. Is it MANDATORY to have work exp in NOC list as per "Appendix 1: Opportunity occupations in Nova Scotia" given on page-19 of NSNP EE pdf???

and one of the NOCs is in the list of NOCs as mentioned above, but that is only for 1 year 3 months. I have continuous 7 years of work exp in another NOC, but this NOC is not in the list of occupations mentioned in the NSNP EE application guide pdf?

3. If yes, then how many points of work experience I can get... ? Is it for the NOC which I am applying or it will be for entire work experience in last 10 years?

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
munjal said:
Hi,

I guess you need to have at least 1year continuous work experience in your NOC, it could be part time or full time inasmuch as it was or is remunerated. Moreover, provincial nominations are tied in to NOC areas where various provinces detect skill shortage. For NSPN under EE, it will be finer to go by the approved NOC as no score will be awarded to any other not in the list.

You have other factors to help boost your score and not only NOC experience. This is a point based assessment and so, you should be able to score up to 67 points or more to be able to qualify. So, going by the NOC in the list, you have a fewer years of experience. This means that you will get a low score here. Nevertheless, you will gain points from other factors like age, education, English Language ability, ECA, spouse factor, adaptability factors etc. So, do your home work well. Pull all your docs, and using the guideline provided by NS in the pdf, score yourself. If you meet the min 67points, go ahead and proceed with your application for the NOC in the list of which you have fewer years of work experience. But if not, then broaden your horizon and check other provinces that may include the one you have more years of experience.

Remember though, that EE profile needs only 1year experience or so. So, check the EE website to determine if at the federal level, your NOC with which you have the highest work experience is included, and if so, then you can be sure that other provinces other than NS may include it.

Regards.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oksma said:
I guess you need to have at least 1year continuous work experience in your NOC, it could be part time or full time inasmuch as it was or is remunerated. Moreover, provincial nominations are tied in to NOC areas where various provinces detect skill shortage. For NSPN under EE, it will be finer to go by the approved NOC as no score will be awarded to any other not in the list.

You have other factors to help boost your score and not only NOC experience. This is a point based assessment and so, you should be able to score up to 67 points or more to be able to qualify. So, going by the NOC in the list, you have a fewer years of experience. This means that you will get a low score here. Nevertheless, you will gain points from other factors like age, education, English Language ability, ECA, spouse factor, adaptability factors etc. So, do your home work well. Pull all your docs, and using the guidline provided by NS in the pdf, score yourself. If you meet the min 67points, go ahead and proceed with your application for the NOC in the list of which you have fewer years of work experience. But if not, then broaden your horizon and check other provinces that may include the one you have more years of experience.

Remember though, that EE profile needs only 1year experience or so. So, check the EE website to determine if at the federal level, your NOC with which you have the highest work experience is included, and if so, then you can be sure that other provinces otther than NS may include it.

Regards.
Hi oksma,

well, yes my NOC is featuring in the list of NSNP, but as you shared.. I am getting lower points of work experience (just 9 points here) because of my work exp is only 1 year and 2 months in this NOC. And with this points, including points for other criteria as well, I am falling short of scoring 67 points in NSNP.

Where as If I consider my another NOC which is not in the list of NSNP, then I am getting the maximum points of work experience (all 15 points) as my work experience is 7 years in this NOC. With this 15 points, I could reach to 67 points of NSNP.

So, pls can you tell.. If I can apply to NSNP with the NOC having higher work experience, though it is not included in the NOC list of NSNP?

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
ankit_46 said:
Hi friends,
A very happy friendship day to all of u.

I am trying for apply for NSNP. NOC 2281..Is it late to apply or still i have a chance to get nominated ? Kindly guide me friends ..

According to the media section of NS Office of Immigration, there is an additional 350 new immigration to the currently launched NS Demand EE, bringing the total quota to 1050 as against 700 in 2014 under a different nomination program of which this one replaced. So, you still have a chance to submit your application. Only be sure that you are ready with all the necessary docs requested.

NS also said that they are still receiving applications for all their streams. I guess they may halt reception as soon as they have enough nominations.

So apply as soon as you can. Nobody knows exactly the volume of applications received by them on daily basis.

Regards.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
munjal said:
Hi oksma,

well, yes my NOC is featuring in the list of NSNP, but as you shared.. I am getting lower points of work experience (just 9 points here) because of my work exp is only 1 year and 2 months in this NOC. And with this points, including points for other criteria as well, I am falling short of scoring 67 points in NSNP.

Where as If I consider my another NOC which is not in the list of NSNP, then I am getting the maximum points of work experience (all 15 points) as my work experience is 7 years in this NOC. With this 15 points, I could reach to 67 points of NSNP.

So, pls can you tell.. If I can apply to NSNP with the NOC having higher work experience, though it is not included in the NOC list of NSNP?
Dear Munjal,
I just reviewed the NSPN under EE stream pdf I have here. I suppose that, that list of NOC you see there was copied from the federal EE but adapted to suit NS. Now, this means that all those NOC are either on skill O, A or B. That being the case, these are the only NOC approved by the federal to be eligible to key into EE. Nevertheless, there are other nomination programs that involve other NOC that do not fall within the aforementioned above. So you can search NS website to determine if that NOC with which you have more experience is enlisted. But, if it is under the afromentioned, then you can apply but if not, you may need to check other route as EE is one of the many routes they have for issuing PR, and provinces do have their plans for NOC not in the federal list for now.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oksma said:
Dear Munjal,
I just reviewed the NSPN under EE stream pdf I have here. I suppose that, that list of NOC you see there was copied from the federal EE but adapted to suit NS. Now, this means that all those NOC are either on skill O, A or B. That being the case, these are the only NOC approved by the federal to be eligible to key into EE. Nevertheless, there other nomination programs that involve other NOC that do not fall within the aforementioned above. So you can search NS website to determine if that NOC with which you have more experience is enlisted. But, if it is under the afromentioned, then you can apply but if not, you may need to check other route as EE is one of the many routes they have for issuing PR, and provinces do have their plans for NOC not in the federal list for now.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Thank you oksma for your response..

so If I understood you correctly, I can apply to NSNP if my NOC falls in skill O, A or B and that is the case with my NOC (4021: Companay Trainer) with longer work experience (though it is not in the list of 29 NOCs as per NSNP demand EE stream pdf)?

Am I getting it correct??

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
munjal said:
Thank you oksma for your response..

so If I understood you correctly, I can apply to NSNP if my NOC falls in skill O, A or B and that is the case with my NOC (4021: Companay Trainer) with longer work experience (though it is not in the list of 29 NOCs as per NSNP demand EE stream pdf)?

Am I getting it correct??
I suppose that should be the case. The reason being that NOC O, A and B are qualified for EE and NS demand EE is tied in. But, each province have autonomy as to selecting from among these occupational skill levels to suit them as per their need. If your NOC is among A, B and O but was not enlisted in NSPN for EE, that means that they may not see a shortfall in that area. So since your NOC is within the federal appproved, why not check other provinces to see if they have an all inclusive federal NOC. Some provinces do not specify list. Above all, you can shoot an email to novascotiaoffice of immigration to clarify this.

Before I submitted my application to the office of immgration, I got confused as to what constitues a normal passport size photograph. So I sent an email to them for clarification and requested if I could go by the CIC specifications of 70mmlong by 50mm wide and they answered in the affirmative. So, pls, contact them as this is really painful for you to lose those points. They may have a special consideration for such cases that are not made public especially if there is a perceived need for that NOC now.

Thanks

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oksma said:
I suppose that should be the case. The reason being that NOC O, A and B are qualified for EE and NS demand EE is tied in. But, each province have autonomy as to selecting from among these occupational skill levels to suit them as per their need. If your NOC is among A, B and O but was not enlisted in NSPN for EE, that means that they may not see a shortfall in that area. So since your NOC is within the federal appproved, why not check other provinces to see if they have an all inclusive federal NOC. Some provinces do not specify list. Above all, you can shoot an email to novascotiaoffice of immigration to clarify this.

Before I submitted my application to the office of immgration, I got confused as to what constitues a normal passport size photograph. So I sent an email to them for clarification and requested if I could go by the CIC specifications of 70mmlong by 50mm wide and they answered in the affirmative. So, pls, contact them as this is really painful for you to lose those points. They may have a special consideration for such cases that are not made public especially if there is a perceived need for that NOC now.

Thanks
Thank you oksma,
I have sent a mail to NSNP mentioning about my situation and asked for their advice.

Thanks again for your support :)

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
munjal said:
Thank you oksma,
I have sent a mail to NSNP mentioning about my situation and asked for their advice.

Thanks again for your support :)
You're welcome bro. That's good. A step in the right direction. All the best.

ankit_46

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
oksma said:
According to the media section of NS Office of Immigration, there is an additional 350 new immigration to the currently launched NS Demand EE, bringing the total quota to 1050 as against 700 in 2014 under a different nomination program of which this one replaced. So, you still have a chance to submit your application. Only be sure that you are ready with all the necessary docs requested.

NS also said that they are still receiving applications for all their streams. I guess they may halt reception as soon as they have enough nominations.

So apply as soon as you can. Nobody knows exactly the volume of applications received by them on daily basis.

Regards.
Thanks for replying..Yes i have all the necessary documents and reports. only fund statement is left. Just arranging fund statement from banks. within a week i will apply.

oksma

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
ankit_46 said:
Thanks for replying..Yes i have all the necessary documents and reports. only fund statement is left. Just arranging fund statement from banks. within a week i will apply.
Okay, that's cool, but make sure that the arrangement is solid. Remember that NS said you must not borrow this money. So if a large sum is reflected as being moved into your account from your statement, they may find fault with that. So the history should be consistent and not having a sudden spike. Hope you grab?

All the best.