+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

alamazwar

Jul 13, 2015
@ JIJI IRAWO

What if the PCC is obtained applying online and received same with no signature...mentioning signature not required.

Also my online bank statement mentions the same thing...signature not required since the statement is computerize.

Please suggest.

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
JI JI IRAWO said:
REASONS FOR REJECTION ON EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION
1. Lack of Education Credential Assessment-ECA(they will just ask for copies of degrees without ECA but when you fail to submit ECA, then the hammer comes)
2. Lack of degrees Certificates: this is where ECA is uploaded without copies of degree certificate
3. WRONG UPLOAD OF DOCUMENTS: All uploads must be only one document, as the second document will cancel out the first
4. Lack of document translation;
5. Use of online bank statements
6. Job Offer wasn't proving it is a permanent job
7. LACK of PCC-Police Clearance Certificate
8. LACK of PCC- for online/correspondence courses done outside your country
9. LACK of PCC - uploading translation of the Police Clearance, not the original one.
10. Missing copy of passport pages
11. Missing of visa, stamps on various travelling done

This might help some one on this forum
Thank you
JIJI IRAWO
Hello JIJI IRAWO,

Thanks for this update.

Assume that one now has a new passport which is blank and doesn't show any previous travels. How is one going to to prove any previous travels?

Passport showing previous travels is now expired and one is not in possession of it.

Thanks

Silas

wendyluv

Star Member
May 15, 2015
joy014 said:
Hi wendyluv,
Thanks for checking on us.

I contacted NSOI. But didn't get any useful info. The only thing they said that they will mail the AOR once they start processing.
okay dear,you will surely receive good news by Gods Special Grace.... :)hold tight!

wendyluv

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Applicant78 said:
Hi wendyluv ,
I have no news yet. Still waiting. I will let you know as soon as I have any update.
Thank you!
you will surely hear good news veeery soon from them dear,IJN.....hold on! :)

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
silasnjita said:
Hello JIJI IRAWO,

Thanks for this update.

Assume that one now has a new passport which is blank and doesn't show any previous travels. How is one going to to prove any previous travels?

Passport showing previous travels is now expired and one is not in possession of it.

Thanks

Silas
@silasnjita,
In my own opinion, I think the best thing is to scan the stamped pages of the expired passports that shows that you have travelled to so and so. then also scan the new data page of the new passport and also supply them an handwritten note duly signed by you explaining this issues in details (that was what I did). Remember the information supplied will be compared to the 'travels' form earlier filled by you.
Thank you
jiji

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
alamazwar said:
@ JIJI IRAWO

What if the PCC is obtained applying online and received same with no signature...mentioning signature not required.

Also my online bank statement mentions the same thing...signature not required since the statement is computerize.

Please suggest.
@alamazwar , I don't have ready made answers the above questions. One will have to read thoroughly the 'rejection' threads or ask these questions from the threads in other to get a good answer. The painful thing about EE is that CIC does not relate with us on phone. their reply is the EE is strictly done online.
comparatively, I think the FSW guys really enjoyed while it lasted, because any missing item will be requested for and not a basis for rejection as we have it in EE.
Best of luck to us all.
Thank you
jiji

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
JI JI IRAWO said:
@ silasnjita,
In my own opinion, I think the best thing is to scan the stamped pages of the expired passports that shows that you have travelled to so and so. then also scan the new data page of the new passport and also supply them an handwritten note duly signed by you explaining this issues in details (that was what I did). Remember the information supplied will be compared to the 'travels' form earlier filled by you.
Thank you
jiji
Thanks JIJI for your response.

What if you are not in possession of the old passport? I know in some countries they do collect your old passport when you apply for a new one.

What if you had not made a copy of those pages that show your travel history??
What can one do in this case? What can one expect??
Thanks

Silas

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
It is over 1 month after sending the additional docs request, I have not heard from the nominee officer.
Will one receive a rejection mail from Nova Scotia office of immigration, if the final decision is negative or they do not send negative decision to applicant ?

Seniors, any suggestions ?

dev26

Jul 12, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
hi everyone,

i want to inform that i received an email from nsoi-a letter of intends to refuse my application. Last january i got 68 points but when nsoi released a new point system last May i have only 66 points. I lose 2 points for the experience. Before, 5years of experience will have a 15points but after a new points system was released i got only 66 points. Here is the content of the letter they sent to me. By the way my application was received by nsoi last january 23. Hope this will help to other applicants.

oh no ...its really a sad new for us, as i have also applied with the cut-off points i.e. 67 with 4 yrs of experience for 15 points. WHY THEY ARE CONSIDERING THAT UPDATED POINT TABLE FOR EARLIER SUBMITTED FILES, IS IT FAIR....

lyndzkiel bro did not you mailed them by asking this.....the changes should affects for new submission after may 19 and so on. :( :(

clintroy2

Mar 15, 2015
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2015
Doc's Request.
09-06-2015
Nomination.....
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Has anyone received additional document request after submitting application for Permanent Residency?

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
lyndzkiel said:
hi everyone,

i want to inform that i received an email from nsoi-a letter of intends to refuse my application. Last january i got 68 points but when nsoi released a new point system last May i have only 66 points. I lose 2 points for the experience. Before, 5years of experience will have a 15points but after a new points system was released i got only 66 points. Here is the content of the letter they sent to me. By the way my application was received by nsoi last january 23. Hope this will help to other applicants.

Dear Lyndell Flores:

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

In order to continue processing your application, additional information is required to be submitted to NSOI within 15 business days of the date of this correspondence. The requested information may be submitted via email, but for ease of reference please ensure that you quote your name and file # xxxxxx.

Additional information required:

1. Copy of passport submitted with application has since expired. Please provide a copy of a valid passport.
2. Have you contacted the National Nursing Assessment Services (http://www.nnas.ca/) to determine what licensing is required to practice in the province of Nova Scotia? What was the outcome?
3. As outlined in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide, you must have a score of 67 or higher to qualify. Based on my assessment of your application you have only obtained 66 points. The breakdown at time of application is as follows:
Education – 21 points
Ability in English and/or French – 20 points
Work Experience – 13 points (AL-AHSA Hospital March 13, 2009 – May 11, 2011 2yrs and 2months, King Farhad Medical City November 13, 2011 – January 19, 2015 3yrs and 2 months) Total time: 5yrs and 4 months
Age – 12 points
Arranged Employment in Nova Scotia – 0 points
Adaptability – 0 points.
If you can provide additional information for any of these selection factors that would increase your point score, please provide on or before August 4, 2015.

Should you fail to submit the requested information by August 4, 2015, your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

Regards,

Nominee Officer JJ
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
The new criteria was set on May 2015, people those who received AOR in May 2015 are evaluated with latest criteria.
Cases like mine, that received AOR prior to May 2015 are evaluated with old criteria.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
silasnjita said:
Thanks JIJI for your response.

What if you are not in possession of the old passport? I know in some countries they do collect your old passport when you apply for a new one.

What if you had not made a copy of those pages that show your travel history??
What can one do in this case? What can one expect??
Thanks

Silas
The best approach would be to give an explanatory note on the peculiar situation of things and sign it accordingly. This is to avoid being 'sanctioned' for incomplete docs.
Thank you
jiji

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
JI JI IRAWO said:
The best approach would be to give an explanatory note on the peculiar situation of things and sign it accordingly. This is to avoid being 'sanctioned' for incomplete docs.
Thank you
jiji
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated...

Silas

InShaA

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
lyndzkiel said:
hi everyone,

Dear Lyndell Flores:

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

In order to continue processing your application, additional information is required to be submitted to NSOI within 15 business days of the date of this correspondence. The requested information may be submitted via email, but for ease of reference please ensure that you quote your name and file # xxxxxx.

Additional information required:

1. Copy of passport submitted with application has since expired. Please provide a copy of a valid passport.
2. Have you contacted the National Nursing Assessment Services (http://www.nnas.ca/) to determine what licensing is required to practice in the province of Nova Scotia? What was the outcome?
3. As outlined in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide, you must have a score of 67 or higher to qualify. Based on my assessment of your application you have only obtained 66 points. The breakdown at time of application is as follows:
Education – 21 points
Ability in English and/or French – 20 points
Work Experience – 13 points (AL-AHSA Hospital March 13, 2009 – May 11, 2011 2yrs and 2months, King Farhad Medical City November 13, 2011 – January 19, 2015 3yrs and 2 months) Total time: 5yrs and 4 months
Age – 12 points
Arranged Employment in Nova Scotia – 0 points
Adaptability – 0 points.
If you can provide additional information for any of these selection factors that would increase your point score, please provide on or before August 4, 2015.

Should you fail to submit the requested information by August 4, 2015, your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

Regards,

Nominee Officer JJ
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration
Hi Lyndel,
Don't you have spouse IELTS which might add on 5 points for you.

All the best!