+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

joy014

Oct 31, 2014
wendyluv said:
Hello joy and applicant 78,any news on your Aors,please try to call nsoi asap so you can get information on how soon they will process your applications,av been a little worried....wish you guys all the very best dear.xoxo
Hi wendyluv,
Thanks for checking on us.

I contacted NSOI. But didn't get any useful info. The only thing they said that they will mail the AOR once they start processing.

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
alamazwar said:
i am new to the forum....can any one help me out with the SS. I don't know how to enter my info in the SS.
alamazwar,

use the following link to post your info into the SS. Just fill up the form and submit.

http://goo.gl/forms/CgcEWkIgrk

and then follow the SS at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSlrGd5WYHoElg75K9te3CXyuyw-1RudhWxIb4h2tdI/edit?usp=sharing

Applicant78

Apr 25, 2015
wendyluv said:
Hello joy and applicant 78,any news on your Aors,please try to call nsoi asap so you can get information on how soon they will process your applications,av been a little worried....wish you guys all the very best dear.xoxo
Hi wendyluv ,
I have no news yet. Still waiting. I will let you know as soon as I have any update.
Thank you!

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Hi guys,

Those who got ITA and is uploading documents or already did so, are you able to upload files in PDF format ? I am getting the following error when trying to upload a pdf file:

" Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
Error Description: You have specified an incorrect file format for your attachment. Retry with another format. The following file formats are allowed: DOC; JPG; PDF; PNG; and TIFF."

-- It always shows this error when trying pdf upload. It works fine for JPG though.

Anybody has the similar experience and any solution ??

Zahid_Uttara

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Dear All

I have some queries:

1. What are "The Right of Permanent Residence fee" and “cost recovery fee”? I am going to pay for ITA. I am applying along with my spouse and a daughter. In my application I have mentioned I shall pay these two fees together. How much CAD I need to pay now? I found RPRF is CAD 490 for each adult and cost recovery fee CAD 550 for each adult and CAD 150 for each child.

2. From where I could get IMM 1017B form? I asked our doctor’s lab, but they don’t have that form. And I didn’t find it in the website.

Can you please suggest me?

Kind regards
Zahid

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Snehan said:
Hi guys,

Those who got ITA and is uploading documents or already did so, are you able to upload files in PDF format ? I am getting the following error when trying to upload a pdf file:

" Validation error: You have not completed the mandatory fields or you have not completed them correctly. Please make corrections where indicated.
Error Description: You have specified an incorrect file format for your attachment. Retry with another format. The following file formats are allowed: DOC; JPG; PDF; PNG; and TIFF."

-- It always shows this error when trying pdf upload. It works fine for JPG though.

Anybody has the similar experience and any solution ??
Try some other PDFs scanner or split and combine your PDFs files using any online split and combine website . It's free. It's mostly due to the version of your PDFs..

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
REASONS FOR REJECTION ON EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICATION
1. Lack of Education Credential Assessment-ECA(they will just ask for copies of degrees without ECA but when you fail to submit ECA, then the hammer comes)
2. Lack of degrees Certificates: this is where ECA is uploaded without copies of degree certificate
3. WRONG UPLOAD OF DOCUMENTS: All uploads must be only one document, as the second document will cancel out the first
4. Lack of document translation;
5. Use of online bank statements
6. Job Offer wasn't proving it is a permanent job
7. LACK of PCC-Police Clearance Certificate
8. LACK of PCC- for online/correspondence courses done outside your country
9. LACK of PCC - uploading translation of the Police Clearance, not the original one.
10. Missing copy of passport pages
11. Missing of visa, stamps on various travelling done

This might help some one on this forum
Thank you
JIJI IRAWO

lyndzkiel

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
hi everyone,

i want to inform that i received an email from nsoi-a letter of intends to refuse my application. Last january i got 68 points but when nsoi released a new point system last May i have only 66 points. I lose 2 points for the experience. Before, 5years of experience will have a 15points but after a new points system was released i got only 66 points. Here is the content of the letter they sent to me. By the way my application was received by nsoi last january 23. Hope this will help to other applicants.

Dear Lyndell Flores:

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

In order to continue processing your application, additional information is required to be submitted to NSOI within 15 business days of the date of this correspondence. The requested information may be submitted via email, but for ease of reference please ensure that you quote your name and file # xxxxxx.

Additional information required:

1. Copy of passport submitted with application has since expired. Please provide a copy of a valid passport.
2. Have you contacted the National Nursing Assessment Services (http://www.nnas.ca/) to determine what licensing is required to practice in the province of Nova Scotia? What was the outcome?
3. As outlined in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide, you must have a score of 67 or higher to qualify. Based on my assessment of your application you have only obtained 66 points. The breakdown at time of application is as follows:
Education – 21 points
Ability in English and/or French – 20 points
Work Experience – 13 points (AL-AHSA Hospital March 13, 2009 – May 11, 2011 2yrs and 2months, King Farhad Medical City November 13, 2011 – January 19, 2015 3yrs and 2 months) Total time: 5yrs and 4 months
Age – 12 points
Arranged Employment in Nova Scotia – 0 points
Adaptability – 0 points.
If you can provide additional information for any of these selection factors that would increase your point score, please provide on or before August 4, 2015.

Should you fail to submit the requested information by August 4, 2015, your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

Regards,

Nominee Officer JJ
Nova Scotia Office of Immigration

clintroy2

Mar 15, 2015
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2015
Doc's Request.
09-06-2015
Nomination.....
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
JI JI IRAWO said:
1. Lack of Education Credential Assessment-ECA(they will just ask for copies of degrees without ECA but when you fail to submit ECA, then the hammer comes)
2. Lack of degrees Certificates: this is where ECA is uploaded without copies of degree certificate
3. WRONG UPLOAD OF DOCUMENTS: All uploads must be only one document, as the second document will cancel out the first
9. LACK of PCC - uploading translation of the Police Clearance, not the original one.

Thank you
JIJI IRAWO
Where was this list compiled from?

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
clintroy2 said:
Where was this list compiled from?
The compilation was done by myself from the different 'rejected' threads and also personal experience with CIC after submitting my online application.
My case was that my wife studied a correspondence course and I did state it when applying for NOVA scotia that she did in LAGOS campus, but all the same. the rejection came on 09.06.2015 that I failed to submit PCC (note that pcc is for someone that has spent more that 6 months in another country, so I cannot produce any pcc for my spouse since she did not spend a day out of my country to do the course) . I have since send a CSE to cic.
I just want you all to learn from this episodes , that is why I complied it.

Thank you

jiji

clintroy2

Mar 15, 2015
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2015
Doc's Request.
09-06-2015
Nomination.....
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
JI JI IRAWO said:
The compilation was done by myself from the different 'rejected' threads and also personal experience with CIC after submitting my online application.
My case was that my wife studied a correspondence course and I did state it when applying for NOVA scotia that she did in LAGOS campus, but all the same. the rejection came on 09.06.2015 that I failed to submit PCC (note that pcc is for someone that has spent more that 6 months in another country, so I cannot produce any pcc for my spouse since she did not spend a day out of my country to do the course) . I have since send a CSE to cic.
I just want you all to learn from this episodes , that is why I complied it.

Thank you

jiji
I am concerned now. i followed the instructions exactly and only uploaded my degree, i included the ECA number where it asked for it. Is there a way to appeal anything or they will ask for something if missing? also what is CSE?

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
aru_nj said:
Try some other PDFs scanner or split and combine your PDFs files using any online split and combine website . It's free. It's mostly due to the version of your PDFs..
lol....that was my freaking FF browser. In chrome it works fine :D

It seems to be a browser compatibility issue with the CIC site....

prempaulj

Star Member
Jan 18, 2015
Earth
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JI JI IRAWO said:

Thank you
JIJI IRAWO
Very useful information.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Good morning all,
As a follow up on my mail yesterday, the underlisted threads will be a useful tool for you when sending forwarding your files to CIC after your much deserved nominations:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-applicant-got-cancelled-and-submitted-a-case-specific-inquiry-lets-connect-t290316.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-one-got-there-application-cancelled-connect-here-t317157.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ee-application-rejected-after-aor-received-missing-education-credential-assessment-t281068.0.html

Thank you
jiji