+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Virsa

Apr 24, 2015
9th Draw is out!!! Cut off is 755 Points!!!

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #9 – May 22, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 22, 2015).

Ottawa, May 22, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 22, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 22, 2015 and ending on May 23, 2015 is 1,361.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 23, 2015 at 00:00:00 UTC, have been assigned a total of 755 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

hope 2015

Mar 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
lyndzkiel said:
Hello everyone, I got my AOR today!

but I am still worried not to get the nomination after they change the points system. I had 68 points when I applied but last May 19 they released a new point system, I lose 2points and now I am having a score of 66. I have only 5years and 7 months of experience when I submitted my application. Nextmonth will be my 6yrs of experience...I am not sure if they will consider that. As i read the post of zerogravityplayer they will no longer accept additional documents if it doesnt reach 67points.. I am losing my hope now. I feel so disappointed :(
So you mean they consider your application if it meets criteria when they issue nomination not AOR? so what do they check when they issue AOR?

Virsa

Apr 24, 2015
Received ITA today (22/05/2015). Admin please update the below details in row no.17.

Column N : Draw 9th
Column : 5/22/2015

Thanks,

hamedh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
hope 2015 said:
So you mean they consider your application if it meets criteria when they issue nomination not AOR? so what do they check when they issue AOR?
First they check your documents to be complete based on your checklist and send you AOR email, then it proceed to validate documents and also counting your points and other intended criteria

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
lyndzkiel said:
Hello everyone, I got my AOR today!

but I am still worried not to get the nomination after they change the points system. I had 68 points when I applied but last May 19 they released a new point system, I lose 2points and now I am having a score of 66. I have only 5years and 7 months of experience when I submitted my application. Nextmonth will be my 6yrs of experience...I am not sure if they will consider that. As i read the post of zerogravityplayer they will no longer accept additional documents if it doesnt reach 67points.. I am losing my hope now. I feel so disappointed :(

From the discliamer section, in latest app guide....

If application criteria or forms are updated or if there are
changes to the NSNP or its streams including closure or suspension of a stream, you will find the most current
information at http://novascotiaimmigration.com/immigrate/. Applications [may] be assessed with the most current
criteria irrespective of the date of submission of an application

"So it is [may]" THEY did not mention [will]... so you may be assessed or not...... with latest criteria...

No worries... the old criteria may exist...

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
silasnjita said:
Hello Guys,

What do you think will happen in a situation like this?

At the time you applied to NSOI, your total Work Experience was 1 year 10 months say (so you score 09 points for work experience, so your total points in this case is 65).

But at the time Officer gets to your application (file), you've added 3 more months on your current job, so your total work experience is now 2 years 2 months. (Points for work experience now = 11, so your total points now adds up to 67).

What do you think the Officer will do in this case?

Ask for recent most recent Work experience Letter, or Refuse Application?? :-X :-X

Your experience that is taken into consideration is based upon the time [range] mentioned in your work experience reference letters, sent first time to NS office.

With regard to current company, the date is considered from date your joined the company to till date [i.e date on when the reference letter is provided by your company]

Until otherwise the case officer asked you to send an updated experience letter.

hamedh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015
I have a question, do you think after getting AOR we should deselect all provinces but nova scotia in our EE profile to show we intend to live there. I think if they find we have done like this then they count it as pretense. what did you do and what is your idea?

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
hamedh said:
I have a question, do you think after getting AOR we should deselect all provinces but nova scotia in our EE profile to show we intend to live there. I think if they find we have done like this then they count it as pretense. what did you do and what is your idea?
Select NS only, i do not think EE will maintain history of your updates at front end so provinces can see it, i also feel that NS will not be interested in that.

NS need EE number to send the invitation through online.. thats it. Type the number see if the content matches with the app you sent to NS and send the invite...

Its simple.

jagdeep84

Jun 2, 2014
Virsa said:
Received ITA today (22/05/2015). Admin please update the below details in row no.17.

Thanks,
Congrats Buddy, Long wait after Nomination, they almost took a month this time for 9th Draw,

BTW How they send ITA, I mean through Email / EE profile Message , and what is there is the message ?

-Jags

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Zerogravityplayer said:
May 22 - I received a call a while ago from NSOI. They clear some things about my application. I am aware that I needed 67 according to the application guide but I am not so aware with the following information.

1. They only ask for additional documents if the applicant reached 67 points on the time it reaches the office.
2. They don't consider additional documents on email or mail after the time they received the application just to add up with your points to be 67.

If only I knew these things earlier... I should have not payed for WES and IELTS. Lol! ;D
One of the member here who has the same situation told me that NSOI give time to accomplished the documents if you are lacking of 67 points so he took IELTS to get an Express Entry Profile Number / get higher score, maybe I think that it is possible to get 67 points on provincial nomination but they couldn't get a valid Express Entry Profile. I can't really understand the system sometimes because I was eligible for express entry when I made an account on the 2nd day of January 2015 with the accurate information that I have so I thought that I could get a nomination for this Pilot Nova Scotia Nomination Express Entry. I don't know now who tells the truth.

Anyway, my plan A failed so my plan B is to take my Doctor of Medicine instead while waiting for other provincial nominee program as I am going to obtain my 67+ points next month from my updated WES credential evaluation and higher IELTS score.

Au revoir Nova Scotia! :) *Peace out
ZGP, that so nice of you.. updating on your case. this info is very helpful.

I am happy that you will be gaining 67 points in near time. I am sure NS will be open then too... and at same time I wish multiple provinces be open to you once your ready.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Virsa said:

Thanks,
Congratulations my friend wishing you success in the remaining process.

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
Virsa said:

Thanks,
Congrats friend.

Change

Apr 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015 SINP EE
Doc's Request.
01-09-2015 (SINP)
Nomination.....
25-09-2015
AOR Received.
ITA:23-10-2015, e_APR Submitted:03-11-2015, AOR:03-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Done
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
hellolwl said:
Dear Friends,

I just now received ITA. Good luck to all of you :)
Congrats on your ITA