+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

silasnjita

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Hello Guys,

What do you think will happen in a situation like this?

At the time you applied to NSOI, your total Work Experience was 1 year 10 months say (so you score 09 points for work experience, so your total points in this case is 65).

But at the time Officer gets to your application (file), you've added 3 more months on your current job, so your total work experience is now 2 years 2 months. (Points for work experience now = 11, so your total points now adds up to 67).

What do you think the Officer will do in this case?

Ask for recent most recent Work experience Letter, or Refuse Application?? :-X :-X

Applicant78

Apr 25, 2015
Mz. Johnson said:
Just 70? That means there is still hope for people. Thanks for this info.
On the other hand, for 70 nomination NSOI has reach just until to January 13 applications. If we count from January 7 or 5 (I don;t know) they have given nominations for just 5-7 days of the program star. So it is 10-14 nominations per day.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
elyduverge said:
Re: Nova Scotia Nominee Program – File # xxxxx

Dear Ms.

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program, Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry Stream and intends to refuse your application.

In order to continue processing your application, additional information is required to be submitted to NSOI within 15 business days of the date of this correspondence. The requested information may be submitted via email, but for ease of reference please ensure that you quote your name and file #

Additional information required:

1. Provide your IMM0008 Generic form from your 2014 Federal Skilled Worker Program application.

2. What do you know about Nova Scotia? Why would you want to uproot your life and move here?

3. What do you know about the certification process to work as an accountant in Nova Scotia? Have you started this process?

4. Why are your mailing and residential addresses different?

Should you fail to submit the requested information by June 10, 2015, your application will be refused and your file closed.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nominee Officer ES
Nova Scotia Nominee Program
Please do your best to send nsoi these information asap. please fill the ss, so that we can know which date your app got to nsoi

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
caibmer said:
A friend of mine got her nomination last week, she was one of the first applicants to NSDEE. She had a long journey from AOR to Nomination. The officer was not convinced she has 67 points because of some issues with her experience letter. They requested the employer to contact them directly, the employer contacted them and provided all the clarifications regarding her work experience.

The Nominee officer contacted her once again regarding her points, this time NSOI was miscalculating her experience. She sent them a detailed email regarding her points and work experience. Finally she got her nomination last week.

If you are right don't give up, try to present your point strongly, slowly but surely things will work out.
Congratulations to your friend, when did she applied?

aadii

Apr 10, 2015
Hi Guys !!!

Firstly congrats to everyone who have got AOR .
I would like to know if anyone from this group who have submitted their application in feb have got any communication or AOR from NSOI ???
Just curious to know if they are still checking Jan applications or have they moved to feb ...

Nov 21, 2014
Zerogravityplayer said:
Timeline:

March 24 - AOR Received

May 8 - No message from their office so I send them a message that I think that I am not having enough points because I have only 65 so I sent them my application number of my ongoing updated WES Credential Evaluation where I can get 2 more points, reference number of IELTS this June for retake, NCLEX-RN exam result status, I also told them that I have no relatives in Nova Scotia but I got a new friend on a social network who used to lived in the same province where I live in the Philippines.

May 21 - I got an email stating that I did not get 67 points. Education 19, Language 19, Work Exp 15, Age 12 = 65 points. They said that they will choose only few and best to contribute to economy... my application was refused and my file has been closed. That letter will be mailed to my address.

May 22 - I send them a message:
Case ID: XX
Dear Officer,

I am writing this letter to inform you that I informed the NSNP XXXX @ XXXX.ca though email on May 8, 2015 that I can get a total points of 67 as I am going to received my newly updated Credential Assessment soon as I will get 21 points for education and I am going to retake IELTS to get more points. (attached files of my WES credential application and IELTS retake application number, and my NCLEX-RN exam application status.)

I also included on my email to NSNP that I have no family but I have a strong connection in Canada, I meet a new friend, a strong connection which can add up to my points to get a total of 67 points.

I was waiting for the respond from your office on my email but I did not received any response if what is the best thing that I need to do to be guided with the application process.

According to the Criteria and Requirements for the Principal Applicant on the Adaptability and Intention to settle section, it states that the applicant should demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Province, your genuine intention and ability to live in Nova Scotia. Positive indicators may include employment, residence, visits, study, family connections, community support, and business activities. Please consider the following reasons that I can be economically established in Nova Scotia:

1. Recently, I met a new friend who is a friend of friend who lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia who also came from the same school where I studied and same province where I live in the Philippines. I think that she could help me to know about how to settle in Nova Scotia. Her name is XX, she is also a nurse with our common friends, XX (a friend and my former head nurse in XX Hospital), XX (a friend and supervisor at XX Hospital). XX and I communicate through a social network. I am confident to find a job easily because I had experienced working in different kinds of company in the past 7 years. I have also settlement fund to study or have training to get the right requirements. My friend is working in a home care as caregiver in Halifax, I consider that job too while I am completing the requirements to be a nurse in Nova Scotia.

2. I am currently working on with the qualification that I needed to work as a nurse in Nova Scotia Board of Nursing. Recently, I took NCLEX RN to ease my application to get into the bridging program. To work as a nurse I need to take this steps to begin with IELTS Academic, Jurisprudence exam, NCLEX-RN and finally for the bridging program in Dalhousie University. While waiting for my qualification to be completed, I can work part- time as caregiver, service crew, teacher, nurse assistant and other jobs which are posted on Craiglist website or other Canada job website in Nova Scotia/Job Bank.

3. My friend, XX is working as caregiver in Nursing home at XX - Halifax, Nova Scotia where I consider working soon. I have to take short courses in caregiving or health care in Nova Scotia Canada prior to apply at Nursing Home at XX . In craiglist job website, there are also different private company and hiring for part-time and full time job. I am planning to take bridging program in Dalhousie University to be a nurse, I plan to take part-time or online job during that time.

Once I completed my qualification and found a job as nurse in Nova Scotia, that is the time for me to take loan for housing. I am single right now so when I got stable job in Nova Scotia I also wanted to settle down. Canada has a lot more things to offer based on the quality of life compared here in the Philippines so I really wanted to settle in Nova Scotia, Canada with my family in the future.

Nova Scotia is in the southern part of Canada so I am not worried about the cold temperature all year round. I love sea foods which I think Nova Scotia can offer. I grew up near water so I think Nova Scotia is pretty similar to the hometown where I grew up. I am also interested to see the breathtaking parks and world heritage which are really compelling and educational. I want to adapt the rich culture of Canada from European/English descent when I become a resident but I would still keep my culture at the same time as Asian.

It's been five years that I've been waiting for this opportunity. My application was refused last year for Federal Skilled Worker because I got only 64 points, my former co-worker in the Philippines lives in Toronto, that is why I chose that city. Last year also, I submitted my application in NSNP 2014 but it was capped so I decided to apply again this year. I prefer Nova Scotia because I think that it would give me more opportunity to find a job since it was stated on the in demand occupation list that nurses are in demand in Nova Scotia. I have better reasons now to live in Nova Scotia for good as I have a strong connection through my friend, XX. I am hoping that your office would give me a chance. Thank you for your consideration and support!

Express Entry Profile Number: XX
Job Seeker Validation Code: XX

English 19
Education 19
Experience 15
Age 12
Arranged employment 0
Adaptability 5 - I don't have relatives but I met a new friend recently who is a permanent resident in Halifax who also came from the same province where I live. We are related through my friends and supervisors on my previous job in XX Hospital. I consider her as foster sister when I land in Nova Scotia.

Total - 67+
*I am going to received my updated Credential Assessment next month and I am hoping for higher score on my new IELTS exam this June 13.

Sincerely,

XX
May 22 - I received a call a while ago from NSOI. They clear some things about my application. I am aware that I needed 67 according to the application guide but I am not so aware with the following information.

1. They only ask for additional documents if the applicant reached 67 points on the time it reaches the office.
2. They don't consider additional documents on email or mail after the time they received the application just to add up with your points to be 67.

If only I knew these things earlier... I should have not payed for WES and IELTS. Lol! ;D
One of the member here who has the same situation told me that NSOI give time to accomplished the documents if you are lacking of 67 points so he took IELTS to get an Express Entry Profile Number / get higher score, maybe I think that it is possible to get 67 points on provincial nomination but they couldn't get a valid Express Entry Profile. I can't really understand the system sometimes because I was eligible for express entry when I made an account on the 2nd day of January 2015 with the accurate information that I have so I thought that I could get a nomination for this Pilot Nova Scotia Nomination Express Entry. I don't know now who tells the truth.

Anyway, my plan A failed so my plan B is to take my Doctor of Medicine instead while waiting for other provincial nominee program as I am going to obtain my 67+ points next month from my updated WES credential evaluation and higher IELTS score.

Au revoir Nova Scotia! :) *Peace out

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishishir said:
Since there is positivity around. Although I got rejected in nsnp because my brother stays in Alberta. I improved my ielts score to 8 and ee CSR to 446 now. Hopeful and closer towards ita.
NSNP's loss :p
Don't lose hope
keep trying
U will get there :D
@Abhishishir...That's spirit and Zeal to do something to get...All the best.. You will get it

lyndzkiel

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Hello everyone, I got my AOR today!

but I am still worried not to get the nomination after they change the points system. I had 68 points when I applied but last May 19 they released a new point system, I lose 2points and now I am having a score of 66. I have only 5years and 7 months of experience when I submitted my application. Nextmonth will be my 6yrs of experience...I am not sure if they will consider that. As i read the post of zerogravityplayer they will no longer accept additional documents if it doesnt reach 67points.. I am losing my hope now. I feel so disappointed :(

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
hellolwl said:
Dear Friends,

I just now received ITA. Good luck to all of you :)
Congratulations my friend wishing you success in the remaining process.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
hellolwl said:
Dear Friends,

I just now received ITA. Good luck to all of you :)
Congratulations my friend wishing you success in the remaining process.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
lyndzkiel said:
Hello everyone, I got my AOR today!

but I am still worried not to get the nomination after they change the points system. I had 68 points when I applied but last May 19 they released a new point system, I lose 2points and now I am having a score of 66. I have only 5years and 7 months of experience when I submitted my application. Nextmonth will be my 6yrs of experience...I am not sure if they will consider that. As i read the post of zerogravityplayer they will no longer accept additional documents if it doesnt reach 67points.. I am losing my hope now. I feel so disappointed :(
Congratulations, keep faith. you send a polite email to them with these reasons, and pray for the best.

Cheers.