Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi guys,

Had a query: How much time does it take after we have successfully submitted all documents on MYCIC site after ITA??? Means after submitting all documents, in how much time does our Visa gets stamped??

Thanks in advance.
Cian

rckish450

Dec 1, 2015
cian said:
Hi guys,

Had a query: How much time does it take after we have successfully submitted all documents on MYCIC site after ITA??? Means after submitting all documents, in how much time does our Visa gets stamped??

Thanks in advance.
Cian
Hey Cian,
It took me around 4.5 months get the Passport request once I submitted my ITA and then around 10 days to get the stamped visa and COPR.
In all, it took 5 months for me.

Regards,
Kishore

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
rckish450 said:
Hey Cian,
It took me around 4.5 months get the Passport request once I submitted my ITA and then around 10 days to get the stamped visa and COPR.
In all, it took 5 months for me.

Regards,
Kishore
Hi kishore,

When did the background check started or when did it came in progress and after that how long it took for PPR?

p_shar

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 17, 2015
Doc's Request.
APRIL 03, 2017
Nomination.....
APRIL 19, 2017
ritawallu said:
Hi kishore,

When did the background check started or when did it came in progress and after that how long it took for PPR?
Hi Ritz,

Is background check is for everyone or just random check? What is background check generally?

rckish450

Dec 1, 2015
ritawallu said:
Hi kishore,

Hi Ritawallu,

I think, it took approx. 2 weeks for BGC status to show in progress. and after 1 month of this status change, I got an email requesting a copy of my renewed passport. After this, it took 3 months to get the status changed to Approved.

Regards,
Kishore

rckish450

Dec 1, 2015
p_shar said:
Hi Ritz,

Is background check is for everyone or just random check? What is background check generally?
As per my knowledge, Background check is the stage during which an officer will actually go through your case and all the submitted documents to validate your eligibility. This step is not a random check to verify the actuals on the supporting docs submitted but is a mandatory step for everyone.

Regards,
Kishore

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
p_shar said:
Hi Ritz,

I think background (BG) check is the step where they check for any criminal records and may include cross checking of our proof of funds as well. But the employability check like email verification from previous employers, I think will get over at the stage of eligibility check. Because, they go on priority basis. That's why medical check happens first. Someone, if they find medically dangerous to enter Canada, they don't have to waste time checking his eligibility, current or old employment history etc even if they qualify in those areas. And, criminal record and POF are areas that are strictly black and white, meaning, the applicant himself won't dare to apply if he has something fishy in these two areas. So, it's unlikely to see rejections happening at this stage and when they reach this stage almost all applicants' files move to PR stage and that also means they didn't waste their time and energy on a file that may be potentially invalid should they choose to go with background check first and then move on to a medical check, eligibility or employability for example.

So when BG check is going on, it means the file is close to the final decision.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
p_shar said:
Hi Ritz,

Hi p_shar,

BG check is the check of your criminal records. Basically it is mandatory for everyone. This is the last stage when they find you eligible based on your employment records, qualification, medical etc. So it is also a crucial stage as being considered as your last stage.

Regards,
Ritz.

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sam05mar2013 said:
Hello Everyone,

I got my immigration recently and I have visited NS (Halifax). It so good. Lets make a public FB group for all of us who will be coming to NS and who already arrived. So we all can exchange things in FB. Please join

*************NSNP_Global_Immigrants *******

Great Make a Group and Post the beauty of Halifax .

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
Hello Friends,

So excited to hear all the good news of nominations all around - I am pleased to inform you that finally after collecting all possible documents I managed to send my PR application and paid the fees on Thursday 20th April. I had about 22 days left for my ITA to expire.

Now I'm just waiting and sincerely hope that everything is in order and I get to meet up with all of you friends soon in NS! ;D

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
pakimom said:
Hello Friends,

So excited to hear all the good news of nominations all around - I am pleased to inform you that finally after collecting all possible documents I managed to send my PR application and paid the fees on Thursday 20th April. I had about 22 days left for my ITA to expire.

Now I'm just waiting and sincerely hope that everything is in order and I get to meet up with all of you friends soon in NS! ;D
Wow ...thats great.... :D

SDKD

shakhawet

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
SDKD said:
Wow ...thats great.... :D

SDKD
Good to hear... I am still filling my forms...One query...after filling the forms when I will get document checklist,can I edit the forms that I filled previously..or Upto what stage the forms will be open to edit?

BR,
Shakhawet

pakimom

Aug 5, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2017
You can edit until you press submit and it goes to payment. After that it just shows as submitted with the name of your uploaded attachments.

patel.jeetesh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-02-2017
abigailsule said:
hello house,

I got this letter of refusal from nova scotia.I am wondering if getting a letter from my manager can make them re-open my file.

I am writing in reference to your application under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP), Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Stream, file ##### The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) has assessed your application, and has refused your application based on the following:

You do not meet the eligibility criteria which requires that you have at least one year of work experience in one of our demand occupations.

You have applied under NOC 6235 / Financial Sales Representative, a demand occupation listed in the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry Application Guide, Appendix 1.

All of the evidence supplied in your application including the recently received NOC Experience Match Table, letter from your employer dated March 24, 2017 and documents received 29 March 2017 have been carefully assessed. It has been determined your employment experience does not match the duties indicated in NOC 6235. Therefore, we do not find that you hold at least one year work experience in one of our demand occupations as listed in Appendix 1.
Your employment experience has been found to match NOC 6551/Customer Service Representatives – Financial Institutions which is not listed as a demand occupation in the above-mentioned Appendix 1.

If your situation changes and you choose to reapply to the NSNP, we would be happy to assess your new application with the eligibility criteria in place at that time.

The Province of Nova Scotia will be nominating a limited number of people under the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) this year. It is essential that we choose candidates who meet the eligibility criteria, as these individuals are considered likely to best contribute to the economic development and growth of the province and to successfully establish themselves.

As your application has been refused, your file has been closed.
Still if you have strong back up which can prove that you are eligible, you can revert back with proper documentation.