Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hello Seniors,

I have received the ADR email from NSOI and they have not considered any of my Reference Letters as the Letters does not have the Work Hours & Salary details mentioned in it. Due to this I was not able to get 15 points for my 10 Years of Work Experience and ended up with just 60 points. I have been asked to provide all the Reference Letters updated with the "Working Hours" & "Salary" details, which is very tough to get from Indian IT Companies as they have their own template to issue such letters.

Dear XXXX:

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) DEMAND EXPRESS ENTRY Stream.

In order to continue processing your application the following additional information is required:

Insufficient Points gained: Eligibility Requirement – 67 Points
You do not meet the requirement of achieving 67 points under the six selection factors. You have received a total of 60 points based on the information that has been verified. You must prove an additional 7 points to be eligible

You were not awarded any points for the work experience criteria based on the letters of reference from the following employers as it refers to your employment for the following reasons:

Satisfactorily demonstrates that you have performed ALL the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC 2011, including all the essential duties and 5/6 of the main duties listed for your intended occupation in NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers. HOWEVER, your hours, salary and benefits have not been noted on the letter that has been provided.

If you wish to receive points for the experience noted above, please provide updated letters of reference that can be verified and validated and which includes the missing information noted above and which also continues to satisfactorily demonstrates that you have performed ALL the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC 2011, including all the essential duties and a majority of the main duties listed for your intended occupation in NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers.

To be accepted, ALL updated letters of reference that you will provide MUST include all the information listed below on one document (separate documentation such as salary/pay slips or certificates and compensation certificates WILL NOT be accepted) in order to meet the following criteria as indicated in the Application Guide:

****Documentation not meeting the criteria or not including the information listed above WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED

Regards,
NSOI

Can someone please advise me what can I do to convince the Case Officer? I remember a couple of our seniors from IT Industry too had faced the same issue, can you please suggest the work around you took to work things out? Please help.

Regards,
Aditya

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
adigautam said:
Hello Seniors,

I have received the ADR email from NSOI and they have not considered any of my Reference Letters as the Letters does not have the Work Hours & Salary details mentioned in it. Due to this I was not able to get 15 points for my 10 Years of Work Experience and ended up with just 60 points. I have been asked to provide all the Reference Letters updated with the "Working Hours" & "Salary" details, which is very tough to get from Indian IT Companies as they have their own template to issue such letters.

Dear XXXX:

The Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI) is in the process of assessing your application made to the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) DEMAND EXPRESS ENTRY Stream.

In order to continue processing your application the following additional information is required:

Insufficient Points gained: Eligibility Requirement – 67 Points
You do not meet the requirement of achieving 67 points under the six selection factors. You have received a total of 60 points based on the information that has been verified. You must prove an additional 7 points to be eligible

You were not awarded any points for the work experience criteria based on the letters of reference from the following employers as it refers to your employment for the following reasons:

Satisfactorily demonstrates that you have performed ALL the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC 2011, including all the essential duties and 5/6 of the main duties listed for your intended occupation in NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers. HOWEVER, your hours, salary and benefits have not been noted on the letter that has been provided.

If you wish to receive points for the experience noted above, please provide updated letters of reference that can be verified and validated and which includes the missing information noted above and which also continues to satisfactorily demonstrates that you have performed ALL the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC 2011, including all the essential duties and a majority of the main duties listed for your intended occupation in NOC 2173 Software Engineers and Designers.

To be accepted, ALL updated letters of reference that you will provide MUST include all the information listed below on one document (separate documentation such as salary/pay slips or certificates and compensation certificates WILL NOT be accepted) in order to meet the following criteria as indicated in the Application Guide:

****Documentation not meeting the criteria or not including the information listed above WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED

Regards,
NSOI

Can someone please advise me what can I do to convince the Case Officer? I remember a couple of our seniors from IT Industry too had faced the same issue, can you please suggest the work around you took to work things out? Please help.

Regards,
Aditya
Hi adi,

Am too from IT industry. I know its too hard to get a letter out from the companies in India. But this was necessary condition to get the letters with the specific information needed to process your application by nominee officer. They have clearly mentioned that they need certain information in the experience letters. You should have kept that in mind and get the companies draft the letters in first place. Nevertheless, NS officers have given you a chance to update those letters and you should be on your toes to get it.

If you need, I can provide you my reference letters via your personal email. Please provide me your email ID.

I suggest you to forward your ADR email to your companies requesting them to issue new experience letters with the suggested requirements. Also mention in the last paragraph: "If in case the company doesnt want to issue me a reference letter, please reply to this email with appropriate reason so that I can delegate it to my case officer. As my request is time bound, please act swiftly". Something of this sort. If in case the companies doesnt provide you a letter, you can atleast show the case officer that you tried using the official conversation. I suggest you to draft the letters for the company beforehand using my reference letters, so that they dont get a chance to waste your time. Attach the drafted letters with the email you send them as an example mentioning the duties exactly the same as in the previous letters you provided to NS. Keep the letters content as distinct as possible. Just change the format a bit, so they dont look the same. You can check that in my letters. Do these things today so that you get enough days to reply back. As for ADR they only provide 10 days.

Refer this link page 27-28 to cross check that you have all information included in the letter:
https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSDEE-English.pdf

If you do this much, everything would be fine.

Best of luck
Cian

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
flyingjutt said:
Dear Seniors,

I want to ask that at the time of applying for PR, they require translation of any documents submitted in other languages. My ID card is in Urdu and I have got it translated in 2014 for the FSW program, however, I did not apply at that time. Therefore, can I use the card translation so should I get at new one as that one is old. Does it make a difference?
You can get a fresh translation from Notary Public, i will hardly take an hour or so. Just to be on the safe side. It better to have fresh updated information if your can get it translated with convenience.

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
net_mo said:
Another things guys, especially for those who got nomination, I would like you to check out this site, its great because it helps immigrants like us to settle in Nova Scotia and they provide help on language, job market, housing, things any immigrant in a new country would need. Here's the site:
http://www.isans.ca/

Hope this helps
Yes ISANS provide free of cost services to New immigrants. If you have an immigrant service facility in your country then they will map you up automatically to ISANS because it is government funded. In my country I got a call from embassy and they linked me up with my immigration settlement consultant assigned by Government of canada. THey are really helpful

cian

Jun 4, 2014
Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-02-2017
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
cian said:
Hi adi,

Am too from IT industry. I know its too hard to get a letter out from the companies in India. But this was necessary condition to get the letters with the specific information needed to process your application by nominee officer. They have clearly mentioned that they need certain information in the experience letters. You should have kept that in mind and get the companies draft the letters in first place. Nevertheless, NS officers have given you a chance to update those letters and you should be on your toes to get it.

If you need, I can provide you my reference letters via your personal email. Please provide me your email ID.

I suggest you to forward your ADR email to your companies requesting them to issue new experience letters with the suggested requirements. Also mention in the last paragraph: "If in case the company doesnt want to issue me a reference letter, please reply to this email with appropriate reason so that I can delegate it to my case officer. As my request is time bound, please act swiftly". Something of this sort. If in case the companies doesnt provide you a letter, you can atleast show the case officer that you tried using the official conversation. I suggest you to draft the letters for the company beforehand using my reference letters, so that they dont get a chance to waste your time. Attach the drafted letters with the email you send them as an example mentioning the duties exactly the same as in the previous letters you provided to NS. Keep the letters content as distinct as possible. Just change the format a bit, so they dont look the same. You can check that in my letters. Do these things today so that you get enough days to reply back. As for ADR they only provide 10 days.

Refer this link page 27-28 to cross check that you have all information included in the letter:
https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSDEE-English.pdf

Best of luck
Cian
Hi Adigautam,

I have just emailed you the documents. Please check.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
cian said:
Hi Adigautam,

I have just emailed you the documents. Please check.
Hi Cian,

Thanks a lot for your timely help, really appreciate it!

Regards,
Aditya

harry592

Dec 6, 2014
adigautam said:
Hi Cian,

Thanks a lot for your timely help, really appreciate it!

Regards,
Aditya

Hi Adi,

Got your personal message.. I could not take call now as travelling and unfortunately phone has some issues with roaming..I replied you.

My NOC Code is 2171 - IT Solution Architect. I think it's duties will be very different from 2173/74.

I have prepared my reference letter based on 2171 duties and then got experience letters from 2 companies.

Let me know if you need any more inputs.

-Harry

Funtell85

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
Hello seniors, please I need urgent help. I received a mail from Nova Scotia nominee officer and need I need to respond appropriately or else I may be denied. Please I need suggestions from anyone who has scaled through this before especially with the first question as I am not sure what kind of groups they are expecting me to have contacted.
Pls see the questions below:

1. Have you contacted any community groups or employers in Nova Scotia?
2. What research did you do on Nova Scotia prior to your application? Please provide your sources.
3. Why do you feel you will do well in Nova Scotia?
4. What is the status of your application to Prince Edward Island? Please provide correspondence
5. What factors led you to apply to PEI?
6. What was the purpose of your 2006 visit to Ontario?
7. Why did you choose to previously apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program with the intent to settle in Alberta?

twinsiknow

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
Funtell85 said:
Hello seniors, please I need urgent help. I received a mail from Nova Scotia nominee officer and need I need to respond appropriately or else I may be denied. Please I need suggestions from anyone who has scaled through this before especially with the first question as I am not sure what kind of groups they are expecting me to have contacted.
Pls see the questions below:

1. Have you contacted any community groups or employers in Nova Scotia?
2. What research did you do on Nova Scotia prior to your application? Please provide your sources.
3. Why do you feel you will do well in Nova Scotia?
4. What is the status of your application to Prince Edward Island? Please provide correspondence
5. What factors led you to apply to PEI?
6. What was the purpose of your 2006 visit to Ontario?
7. Why did you choose to previously apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program with the intent to settle in Alberta?

Hello funtell
When did you get this ADR?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
cian said:
Hi adi,

Best of luck
Cian
Good Job Cian
Highly appreciated!!

regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
flyingjutt said:
Dear Seniors,

I want to ask that at the time of applying for PR, they require translation of any documents submitted in other languages. My ID card is in Urdu and I have got it translated in 2014 for the FSW program, however, I did not apply at that time. Therefore, can I use the card translation so should I get at new one as that one is old. Does it make a difference?
You must need new translated documents as anytime you translate your documents you must require affidavit of translator and in each country there is a validity of Affidavit and notarized documents As far as I know for inda affidavit is valid for six months only.
So never try to save money, think always safe side specially in immigration process.

regards
D

twinsiknow

Star Member
Nov 1, 2015
twinsiknow said:
Hello funtell
When did you get this ADR?

On the first two
You can talk about joining whatsapp group(Indian community),
Research could be on jobs/employment from these sources careers.ca,monster.ca
on research talk about YouTube,Facebook ,kijji(on accommodation)
Weather google on weather.
In your own words you can develop that.
But on PEI,Ontario ,Alberta.I don't have any clue.
Seniors can help there.
All the best