11/04/2017, Passed on 04/08/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Hai,

Any news regarding Vinay?? Has he reopened his file??

SDKD

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Srividya said:
Does NS PNP take 1 year processing time?
Yes it mostly takes 1 year.

SDKD

Canaspire

Sep 15, 2016
Guys, please guide how to decide about landing after visa stamping...
With NS PNP, I was trying but there is no direct flight to Nova Scotia from India (my home country)... All flights go thru Toronto..
SO my landing be at Toronto and will be going onwards thru domestic flight...
1) Will this make an impact?
2) Who all need to be informed about landing?
3) What if I book a ticket from India till NS with long halt in Toronto?
Request all to Plz guide..

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Canaspire said:
With NS PNP, I was trying but there is no direct flight to Nova Scotia from India (my home country)... All flights go thru Toronto..
imho, if that's transit flight (india-toronto-NS) as one ticket, not separate, then you don't go to passport control in toronto, but go to transit flight zone. They may check your passport but not gonna do your papers.

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hope everyone hear good news this week .

Start of a big week for many friends ....

Qamhus123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
Nomination.....
08-09-2016
AOR Received.
27-09-2016
Med's Done....
26-09-2016
Passport Req..
24-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
Canaspire said:
You have to make sure it is a transit flight and that you dont have check out of Toronto Airport.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check connection flights from London UK or Dublin IR. There might be flight to Halifax from there directly.

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends!

It's been a long, long time since I last posted in this thread

I just wanted to inform that my application for PR has been approved, we received the email requesting passport last Thursday.

We applied for NS PNP back in August 2015, and received nomination in September 2016. The rest of my timeline is in my signature below.

It's been a really long road, but it's totally worth it once you reach the end of the line.

I'll see you guys in Halifax! Cheers

SDKD

Mar 15, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2015
Doc's Request.
24/02/2017
Nomination.....
24/03/2017
AOR Received.
08/02/2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting....
nonnemacher said:
Hello friends!

I just wanted to inform that my application for PR has been approved, we received the email requesting passport last Thursday.

We applied for NS PNP back in August 2015, and received nomination in September 2016. The rest of my timeline is in my signature below.

It's been a really long road, but it's totally worth it once you reach the end of the line.

Great nonne....Congrats!!!

Wishing u a happy and safe journey :D :D :D

SDKD

mdzakir1

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Nomination.....
24-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-06-2017
Med's Done....
25-5-2017
Interview........
Not Require Currently
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Seems like 1st day of the week is gone with out nomination e-mail...

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
SDKD said:
Hai,

Any news regarding Vinay?? Has he reopened his file??

SDKD
Nice to see your concern for Vinay.
Well I tried my best to convince officer but unfortunately Vinay did not get positive response.
I have gone through with all his documents and No doubt his settlement plan was not strong enough additionally something he mentioned was absolutely wrong info which might lead to refusal.
I drafted a letter for him to correct some of his info as much as I can and he got a quick response but not in favor.
I really feel very srry for him.

best regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Canaspire said:
Sapsan said:
imho, if that's transit flight (india-toronto-NS) as one ticket, not separate, then you don't go to passport control in toronto, but go to transit flight zone. They may check your passport but not gonna do your papers.
Qamhus123 said:
You have to make sure it is a transit flight and that you dont have check out of Toronto Airport.
vensak said:
check connection flights from London UK or Dublin IR. There might be flight to Halifax from there directly.
Its nice to see your efforts guys to help each other Appreciated !!
SO below is the answer which might clear all confusion

There is no any impact on which airport you do landing in Canada. Either you have connecting flight after couple of hours or next day. It will not affect anything just make sure you have valid flight ticket for Halifax. Does not matter its Transit ticket or individual ticket from Toronto to Halifax you only need a ticket to show that you are heading to Halifax.
For example If you have flight from India to Toronto and Toronto to Halifax so your landing would be in Toronto Because you have to cross immigration at first landing Airport in Canada either its Toronto or anyone.
You can not board in any domestic flight without crossing immigration check as International Arrivals always in different GATES and to board in Domestic flight you must need to cross the immigration.

So once you will land at Toronto Pearson International airport you will go to immigration check and officer will ask your documents and he will ask you where are you heading that time you just need to show him your ticket for Halifax so that he wont have any doubt that you are not going in that province against which you got Nomination and PR.

Once he will see all your documents like CoPR, Passport and may be proof of funds he will ask you the address in CAnada cause your PR card will come by post at that address so if you have any address in Halifax then is Ok if not you can tell him you will update on website later once you will land in halifax. Thats it and after that he will put a stamp on your visa and will congratulate you Welcome in Canada.

At Toronto airport there is office of Service Canada from where you can get the SIN number immediately if you wish otherwise you can get it from any Service Canada office in Halifax or anywhere in CAnada.

After all this you are free to go anywhere stay inside airport outside airport anywhere if you have flight next day after two days or after couple of hour you are Permanent resident of Canada.

I hope everyone get your answers.

regards
D

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
nonnemacher said:
Hello friends!

congrats!

-D

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
drajpoot said:
Its nice to see your efforts guys to help each other Appreciated !!
SO below is the answer which might clear all confusion

There is no any impact on which airport you do landing in Canada. Either you have connecting flight after couple of hours or next day. It will not affect anything just make sure you have valid flight ticket for Halifax. Does not matter its Transit ticket or individual ticket from Toronto to Halifax you only need a ticket to show that you are heading to Halifax.
For example If you have flight from India to Toronto and Toronto to Halifax so your landing would be in Toronto Because you have to cross immigration at first landing Airport in Canada either its Toronto or anyone.
You can not board in any domestic flight without crossing immigration check as International Arrivals always in different GATES and to board in Domestic flight you must need to cross the immigration.

So once you will land at Toronto Pearson International airport you will go to immigration check and officer will ask your documents and he will ask you where are you heading that time you just need to show him your ticket for Halifax so that he wont have any doubt that you are not going in that province against which you got Nomination and PR.

Once he will see all your documents like CoPR, Passport and may be proof of funds he will ask you the address in CAnada cause your PR card will come by post at that address so if you have any address in Halifax then is Ok if not you can tell him you will update on website later once you will land in halifax. Thats it and after that he will put a stamp on your visa and will congratulate you Welcome in Canada.

At Toronto airport there is office of Service Canada from where you can get the SIN number immediately if you wish otherwise you can get it from any Service Canada office in Halifax or anywhere in CAnada.

After all this you are free to go anywhere stay inside airport outside airport anywhere if you have flight next day after two days or after couple of hour you are Permanent resident of Canada.

I hope everyone get your answers.

regards
D
Hello D,

Million thanks to you. You answered my question for which I was searching but couldn't get a clear answer.

Well, I have booked my tickets. Upon some research, I found landing in Montreal, Quebec for the first time could cause some trouble in immigration check. To be on the safe side I booked tickets to Toronto as transit.

But the thing is, I wasn't sure how long it'll take for the landing formalities to finish. So, I selected a long transit (4 hours and 50 mins) to board the next flight to Halifax. Is it wise or stupid?! Just let me know, I can try to change the tickets coz there's one other option with only 2 hours transit time in Toronto.

A couple more questions.,

1. After getting the visas stamped in Toronto airport, the first landing procedure is over or there's another part in Halifax Airport? Coz my sister in law is coming to pick me from NY. I wish to give her fair tentative timing, don't want her to be waiting for a long time.,

2. I'm travelling thru Frankfurt, Germany as my first transit. The Airline gives only 50 mins for transit there. Will it be enough? Are there any immigration formalities in there? Do I have to transfer the checked baggage that I initially checked in in India when I boarded my first flight? Because, some Middle East based airlines do that. Just want to know if Air Canada does something like that?

Would be great if you could share your valuable suggestions.

Best,

Luder