+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

kubuqi

Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got nomination email 13 hours ago

Hi everyone,

I got nomination email from NSNP officer this morning. Please let me share my timeline below.

Jan-9 Application reached NSNP;
Feb-5 Acknowledge of received application and asked me to provide Express Entry number;
Feb-19 Asked for job bank register code;
Mar-4 Asked for: 1. EE number (again), 2. Spouse's previous attempt to immigrate to Canada if any, 3. Translation of a Property Ownership certificate
Mar-9 Asked for: 1. FSWP 2014 IMM0008 form which I submitted last year; 2. They were not able to contact my HR to verify my reference letter, in the end I asked my HR to send a verification directly to NSNP.
Mar-13 Asked me to explain why I chose Ottawa as intended place to live in 2014 and now I want to live Halifax.
Mar-20 Received nomination email as below:

Dear Mr. ...,

Congratulations! The Province of Nova Scotia has notified CIC that they wish to nominate you; thus your nomination is currently pending. Please visit your MyCIC account for more information. You have 30 calendar days to accept your nomination from Nova Scotia in your MyCIC account. Please follow-up with me when you have accepted your nomination. Following your acceptance, a copy of your Nomination Certificate will be forwarded to you via email.

Thank you for your continued interest in Nova Scotia!

Sincerely,
Officer, Nova Scotia Nominee Program

I am grateful that I've learned from this forum and we shared our experience here, which makes the waiting less stressful.

Thank you all, and good thing will come to you soon.

richie_123

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Re: Got nomination email 13 hours ago

kubuqi said:
Hi everyone,

I got nomination email from NSNP officer this morning. Please let me share my timeline below.

Feb-5 Acknowledge of received application and asked me to provide Express Entry number;
Mar-4 Asked for: 1. EE number (again), 2. Spouse's previous attempt to immigrate to Canada if any, 3. Translation of a Property Ownership certificate
Mar-9 Asked for: 1. FSWP 2014 IMM0008 form which I submitted last year; 2. They were not able to contact my HR to verify my reference letter, in the end I asked my HR to send a verification directly to NSNP.
Mar-13 Asked me to explain why I chose Ottawa as intended place to live in 2014 and now I want to live Halifax.

Dear Mr. ...,

Congratulations! The Province of Nova Scotia has notified CIC that they wish to nominate you; thus your nomination is currently pending. Please visit your MyCIC account for more information. You have 30 calendar days to accept your nomination from Nova Scotia in your MyCIC account. Please follow-up with me when you have accepted your nomination. Following your acceptance, a copy of your Nomination Certificate will be forwarded to you via email.

Sincerely,

I am grateful that I've learned from this forum and we shared our experience here, which makes the waiting less stressful.

@kubuqi, congrats!!

kelfinwong

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Chengdu, P.R.C
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
Nomination.....
01-04-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
04-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2015
LANDED..........
pending

kubuqi said:
Hi everyone,

Dear Mr. ...,

Sincerely,

眼睛,这边来恭喜你一下:)

Guys, 2 applicants from China got nominations yesterday while 1 applicant got AOR last night.
Thanks!

kubuqi

Oct 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kelfinwong said:
眼睛,这边来恭喜你一下:)

Guys, 2 applicants from China got nominations yesterday while 1 applicant got AOR last night.
Thanks!
I'm sure your case is under processing and let me shout out loud here: YOUR NOMINATION IS ON ITS WAY TO CHINA.

Hope this helps :D

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kubuqi said:
Hi everyone,

Dear Mr. ...,

Sincerely,

Congrats..

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Congrats to all, this is good news and to our Chinese friends.... they are doing fantastic job in updating the forum here..providing updates.

Congrats to all who received nomination and AOR.

HATS OFF!!

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
AOR is acknowledgement of recepit, that means your completeness check is completed.

Its acknowledgment that documents provided by your are good enough to make a assessment on your case.
It means you have submitted all mandatory docs as per Nova scotia checklist.

Getting an AOR will not guarantee a nomination, after receiving AOR; assessment will be done whether you meet 67 points.
that means eligibility criteria, if you pass eligibility criteria you receive nomination.

Getting AOR is good sign that you are in the 1050 application quota.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
richie_123 said:
@ tan_sur69, thank you for the clarification....I suspect, I won't be able to make it through....what do you guys suggest?

if you done your IELTS, WES assessment than i would suggest you to send it, dont think whether you get it or not.
if you do not, you will still have next year to submit them..

Yes you lose money on postal charges... but the same docs can be used for next year quota... since then it will be more or less same docs.

I have sent to FSW last year despite being late and i could not make it but the docs submitted then were used for NS .... so submit.

but you can lose some amount on postal charges, running around banks (to get latest funds statement).... i feel that is ok .... atleast you will mature on how to handle this process as time passes ..

richie_123

Star Member
Jun 6, 2012
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
tan_sur69 said:
if you done your IELTS, WES assessment than i would suggest you to send it, dont think whether you get it or not.
if you do not, you will still have next year to submit them..

Yes you lose money on postal charges... but the same docs can be used for next year quota... since then it will be more or less same docs.

I have sent to FSW last year despite being late and i could not make it but the docs submitted then were used for NS .... so submit.

but you can lose some amount on postal charges, running around banks (to get latest funds statement).... i feel that is ok .... atleast you will mature on how to handle this process as time passes ..
@tan_sur69, thank you for your courage words.....absolutely encouraging.....i will look into it and will decide....

hellolwl

Jan 24, 2015
Shanghai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kubuqi said:
Hi everyone,

Dear Mr. ...,

Sincerely,

Congratulations!! 恭喜恭喜 :)

sweetyvenky1

Jan 14, 2014

kubuqi said:
Hi everyone,

Dear Mr. ...,

Sincerely,

what did you answer for the question....explain why I chose Ottawa as intended place to live in 2014 and now I want to live Halifax.....

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
Congratulations kubuqi on your NS nomination

hamedh

Star Member
Feb 11, 2015

kubuqi said:
Hi everyone,

congrats kubuqi It seems happy day. I made a request in the previous pages from all guys to talk about selection of provinces in the EE profile but nobody considered it and all were in a long discussion about one with 66 points while I think it is very important for us how to specify provinces of interests in EE profile as you have mentioned they questioned you about that. Could you please clarify your selected provinces in your EE profile and your response to them? I don’t want to lose my chance of other provinces in current EE draws.