JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
mehtab007 said:
IMPORTANT

Hi Guys,

I've been a silent follower of this thread for quiet some time. Like many even I'm waiting for the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry to re-open.

I know many applicants who have already submitted their applications prior to Dec 17 2015, are eagerly waiting for the decision on their file.

So, I thought I should mention this.... One of my known associate in Halifax just recently attended an official immigration seminar/ information session conducted by the NS immigration office. There he was told that around 6,000 applications are pending decision for the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream !!!! And they will clear the backlog / give decision on all applications within this year end.

Now, even if we say all places for the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream are yet to be filled... but that too will be like maximum 300-350 places. Now imagine only 350 top candidates will get NS nomination out of the 6000 pending applications!!!!

Talk about competition. I know many may get demotivated or worried... but it's always good to be on the realistic side.

Any comments? Does anyone know anything about it?

Which seminar was this? And why would NSOI not publish or announce this kind of information on its website.

Please send links for proof of your claims as it would bring discouragement and confusion to many. Thank you!

Kushal_75

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/06/2015
Doc's Request.
11/05/2016 & 8/06/2016
Nomination.....
13/06/2016
AOR Received.
ITA on 15.06.2016
IELTS Request
Done before creating EE profile
File Transfer...
Uploaded on 28.07.2016
Med's Request
Done before uploading file
Med's Done....
Done on 23.06.2016 - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Skywalker,

I have withdrawn my profile from EE system and created a new one yesterday. I got job validation code and EE profile number. I went on job match site to update my new profile number and job code. All fine up to now. However, on my cic account my status shows 'pending addtional criteria on application/profile status and 'pending' on job bank registration. However, i got the letter that i have been accepted to the express entry pool. I know usually the 'application/profile' status should have been 'open' and the 'job bank registration' - met.

Please kindly advise what i should do now!

thanks.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristelgen said:
Which seminar was this? And why would NSOI not publish or announce this kind of information on its website.

Please send links for proof of your claims as it would bring discouragement and confusion to many. Thank you!
Hi,

As I said.. I've no proof. I came to know about this piece of info from an associate who attended an immigration information session/seminar in Halifax organized by the NS Immigration office. It is indeed a big discouragement and confusion. And I apologize for it. But I genuinely though that people should know about this.

Shalinimagesh

Jun 10, 2015
mehtab007 said:
Hi,

As I said.. I've no proof. I came to know about this piece of info from an associate who attended an immigration information session/seminar in Halifax organized by the NS Immigration office. It is indeed a big discouragement and confusion. And I apologize for it. But I genuinely though that people should know about this.

Hi,

where i need to check the information session/seminar. please advise.

Thanks

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalinimagesh said:
Hi,

where i need to check the information session/seminar. please advise.

Thanks
Hi,

This particular immigration information seminar happened at Dalhousie Univ., Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kushal_75 said:
Hi Skywalker,

I have withdrawn my profile from EE system and created a new one yesterday. I got job validation code and EE profile number. I went on job match site to update my new profile number and job code. All fine up to now. However, on my cic account my status shows 'pending addtional criteria on application/profile status and 'pending' on job bank registration. However, i got the letter that i have been accepted to the express entry pool. I know usually the 'application/profile' status should have been 'open' and the 'job bank registration' - met.

Please kindly advise what i should do now!

thanks.
It usually takes about one day to update. Be cool, it will work.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtab007 said:
IMPORTANT

Hi Guys,

I've been a silent follower of this thread for quiet some time. Like many even I'm waiting for the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry to re-open.

I know many applicants who have already submitted their applications prior to Dec 17 2015, are eagerly waiting for the decision on their file.

So, I thought I should mention this.... One of my known associate in Halifax just recently attended an official immigration seminar/ information session conducted by the NS immigration office. There he was told that around 6,000 applications are pending decision for the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream !!!! And they will clear the backlog / give decision on all applications within this year end.

Now, even if we say all places for the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream are yet to be filled... but that too will be like maximum 300-350 places. Now imagine only 350 top candidates will get NS nomination out of the 6000 pending applications!!!!

Talk about competition. I know many may get demotivated or worried... but it's always good to be on the realistic side.

Keep in mind that NS has many other non EE streams, and they have much less strict language level demands than NS Demand and NS Experience. I believe there should be no more than 400 people left on the NS Demand queue, probably even less, based on the nomination levels from last year and distribution among months in the spreadsheet. Otherwise, they wouldn't announce that they would reopen the stream later this year.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehtab007 said:
IMPORTANT

Hi Guys,

UPDATE:

Hi Guys,

I again clarified with my associate who is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia... the one who attended the particular above mentioned seminar. He confirmed that, when after the seminar he went personally to inquire about the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream... then ONE offical said that - "There are 6000 pending applications under this particular stream AND THAT IT WILL NOT RE-OPEN AGAIN."

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but it's better to know the facts now rather than keep your expectations high on false hope, waste precious time and fall hard later.

But, I too like many others hope that this is not true. ??? :( :'(

EDIT:

I can assure you 100% that the concerned person heard this correctly but he nor we can never know or verify whether that particular offical said the truth or just exaggerated.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Skywalker_RT said:
Keep in mind that NS has many other non EE streams, and they have much less strict language level demands than NS Demand and NS Experience. I believe there should be no more than 400 people left on the NS Demand queue, probably even less, based on the nomination levels from last year and distribution among months in the spreadsheet. Otherwise, they wouldn't announce that they would reopen the stream later this year.
Hi Skywalker,

I really hope you are right.

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
mehtab007 said:
UPDATE:

Hi Guys,

I again clarified with my associate who is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia... the one who attended the particular above mentioned seminar. He confirmed that, when after the seminar he went personally to inquire about the Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry stream... then ONE offical said that - "There are 6000 pending applications under this particular stream AND THAT IT WILL NOT RE-OPEN AGAIN.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... but it's better to know the facts now rather than keep your expectations high on false hope, waste precious time and fall hard later.

But, I too like many others hope that this is not true. ??? :( :'(

EDIT:

I can assure you 100% that the concerned person heard this correctly but he nor we can never know whether that particular offical said the truth or not.
Hi

Being in Nova Scotia since 2 months I did not
hear any news like this. You might be right but
Until there is no official announcement,it does not
matter what somebody hear or what information
he announced to his or her Frds. It's like
Verbal communication has no meanings unless it is not
Published anywhere officially

-D

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drajpoot said:
Hi

Being in Nova Scotia since 2 months I did not
hear any news like this. You might be right but
Until there is no official announcement,it does not
matter what somebody hear or what information
he announced to his or her Frds. It's like
Verbal communication has no meanings unless it is not
Published anywhere officially

-D
Exactly. And that's why I'm hoping that it's just a mistake or was said in an exaggerated manner.

kristelgen

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PHILIPPINES
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
JUNE 14 2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
mehtab007 said:
Hi Skywalker,

I really hope you are right.
Mehtab007, are you part of the year 2015 applicants that are currently in the backlog? Ty.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kristelgen said:
Mehtab007, are you part of the year 2015 applicants that are currently in the backlog? Ty.
Hi kristelgen,

As I mentioned on my original post. I'm yet to apply. I was hoping that it would re-open soon in 2016.. and was planning to apply then.

Kushal_75

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/06/2015
Doc's Request.
11/05/2016 & 8/06/2016
Nomination.....
13/06/2016
AOR Received.
ITA on 15.06.2016
IELTS Request
Done before creating EE profile
File Transfer...
Uploaded on 28.07.2016
Med's Request
Done before uploading file
Med's Done....
Done on 23.06.2016 - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Skywalker_RT said:
It usually takes about one day to update. Be cool, it will work.
Thanks Skywalker - was starting to panick!!! :)

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
Dear all silent reader and followers

I know there are many people around this globe who read posts on this thread everyday or very frequently, some of them do post once they got some information about their application at initial stage and some of them do post after getting nomination etc..

Since beginning I am requesting everyone who follows and read silently please make your entry in spreadsheets . Just by entering your application date and time details you are helping many people including yourself.

Your details give us an idea about
1-Approximately how many total number of applications are actually reached to NSOI
2-Approximately how many number of applications reached to NSOI in particular month
3-Applications of which month are currently in processing and they are in which stage

You can imagine if everyone will put the details in spreadsheet we would have answer of many applicants who are waiting for some response from NSOI.

So I request everyone if they do not have enough time to answer or write any post, at least do your entry in spreadsheet which would be the major help for everyone.

Please use the links to make your entry

NSNP 2015 Entry form: http://goo.gl/forms/CgcEWkIgrk
NSNP EE 2015 Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSlrGd5WYHoElg75K9te3CXyuyw-1RudhWxIb4h2tdI/edit?

-D