+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends, who have received ITA..

For the passport copy, do we have to scan the whole passport or only the first that shows passport holder's details?

Thanks..

mostafasaad

Jul 2, 2014
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
28-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
Dear colleagues,

I need your help/ advice/ opinion about my case.
I received NS nomination on 28 June, ITA on 10 Jul, Submitted my application on 30 Jul then received 4 correspondence from CIC on my account requesting extra forms or documents. On the last correspondence (on 19 August), they asked for Additional Family Info IMM5406 form. In addition, the following text was written :
"This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada. Your file has been transferred to the
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa for further review."

I sent them the required form the day after (20 August) and since then I had no response from them. Furthermore, the background check field changed from "Not started" to "Not needed at this time". I don't know why and what does that mean.

I can see from the spreadsheet that some colleagues who submitted their applications after me have already got passport requests or got their visas. I began to worry. Shouldn't I?

Does anyone have a similar situation? Is it familiar that applications are sent to CPC Ottawa? Is my application taking too much time?

Please anybody help if you can. I am so worried and stressed.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverickjo said:
Friends, who have received ITA..

For the passport copy, do we have to scan the whole passport or only the first that shows passport holder's details?

Thanks..
You need to scan the following pages:

1. First Page

2. Last Page

3. Visa Copy - This is applicable if you are working other than your native country - For example, If you are an Indian but working in USA - Therefore, you must include H1 or whatever your visa

4. Visit/Business Visas - If you traveled any countries to visit or Business Purpose

In my case, i also scanned travel stamps. However, in some cases, CIC may request this later on, based on travel history/places visited. - This is upto you to include or not.

Prevention is better than Cure.

All the best.

naredont

Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mostafasaad said:
Dear colleagues,

I need your help/ advice/ opinion about my case.
I received NS nomination on 28 June, ITA on 10 Jul, Submitted my application on 30 Jul then received 4 correspondence from CIC on my account requesting extra forms or documents. On the last correspondence (on 19 August), they asked for Additional Family Info IMM5406 form. In addition, the following text was written :
"This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada. Your file has been transferred to the
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa for further review."

I sent them the required form the day after (20 August) and since then I had no response from them. Furthermore, the background check field changed from "Not started" to "Not needed at this time". I don't know why and what does that mean.

I can see from the spreadsheet that some colleagues who submitted their applications after me have already got passport requests or got their visas. I began to worry. Shouldn't I?

Does anyone have a similar situation? Is it familiar that applications are sent to CPC Ottawa? Is my application taking too much time?

Please anybody help if you can. I am so worried and stressed.

Thanks in advance to all of you.
Be Cool. Do not worry. This is Normal. It depends on the Visa office. They already forwarded your application to respective visa office.

R u inland applicant or Outland?

mostafasaad

Jul 2, 2014
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
Doc's Request.
16-10-2015
Nomination.....
28-06-2015
AOR Received.
30-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
naredont said:
Be Cool. Do not worry. This is Normal. It depends on the Visa office. They already forwarded your application to respective visa office.

R u inland applicant or Outland?
You mean inside Canada? No, I am from Egypt and living there. But I know that last year applications from Egypt were sent to Ottawa because Cairo VO was closed due to security reasons.

Thank you naredont. I will wait and see.

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naredont said:
You need to scan the following pages:

1. First Page

2. Last Page

3. Visa Copy - This is applicable if you are working other than your native country - For example, If you are an Indian but working in USA - Therefore, you must include H1 or whatever your visa

4. Visit/Business Visas - If you traveled any countries to visit or Business Purpose

In my case, i also scanned travel stamps. However, in some cases, CIC may request this later on, based on travel history/places visited. - This is upto you to include or not.

Prevention is better than Cure.

All the best.
Many thanx for ur response. . ☺

areise

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Hi Kaussa,

Thanks for your feedback. Do you think my 400 is a low CRS score? I have seen latest CIC nomination is 450 CRS so I'm also looking for a province who could give me a nomination. I don't have any ties except for friends in Alberta and Ontario but I don't think this would not count much. I also don't have any job offer. My NOC is in IT field 2282.

I have found my NOC in Nova Scotia in demand category as well as New Brunswick (which are the only ones not requiring ties nor job offer).

Any other inputs would greatly help. Thanks
hy, as you have crs 400 so i would suggest you to explore opportunity in Ontario. Ontario is accepting EOI through online without job offer. Hence, you can try this

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
areise said:
hy, as you have crs 400 so i would suggest you to explore opportunity in Ontario. Ontario is accepting EOI through online without job offer. Hence, you can try this
Oh? I thought Ontario has to initiate action from the province's side through "PT notification of interest"? Is there anything that an applicant can do, to show EOI?

sd2005

Jul 13, 2015
Does anyone here have an idea of how many Nova Scotia PNPs are left to give out this year? I recently applied, and thought I had a decent chance, but now I am worried that they might not have any more nominations left to offer. Been waiting for ITA all year!

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sd2005 said:
Does anyone here have an idea of how many Nova Scotia PNPs are left to give out this year? I recently applied, and thought I had a decent chance, but now I am worried that they might not have any more nominations left to offer. Been waiting for ITA all year!
Right now there must be about 350 nominations remaining. But it's hard to estimate, as we only know that, so far, they have nominated about 250 people through the NS Demand stream, and we only know that there are significantly less applicants on the NS Experience stream, but not how many.

They have told me in a recent e-mail that there are more applicants than nominations available for this year, but the ones who are not processed in the current quota will be processed in the next year.

Out of a gut sense, I believe that we can expect about 300 nominations through the "Demand" stream, and they should be fulfilled by the applicants who sent their packages until June or maybe July. But it's only a guess.

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
areise said:
Hi,

I read that Ontario requires Bachelors Degree and above to qualify for education criteria. Unfortunately my assessment result is only Diploma 2years so I do not qualify although my CRS is 400.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

InShaA

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hey Guys,
A quick query to the seniors

1.In regards to the POF, is it mandatory to show amount in PA's account or I can show some in mine and some in spouse, as spouse is accompanying me.

2. Residence Permit : Currently, I am in Saudi Arabia ànd have the residence permit . Do I need to add this in my travel doc section? If yes, do I need to declare while submitting details of the profile under Travel details -> National identity in addition to passport?

Seniors please suggest as I am about to submit my application.

Thanks for all your help.

mbb

Sep 19, 2015
hi friends
my name in SS is M.
i am preparing my doc for PR.
i want to do the medical exam to be ready when i get invitation for PR.
which form should i submit to the doctor,
i could not find the last version of medical form.
i want people who have submitted their PR application to help me.
please give me the link to the form
thanks alot

Maverickjo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbb said:
hi friends
my name in SS is M.
thanks alot
Hi there,, Well, its recommended to wait until you get ITA then you make the what so called "Up front Medical Exam"..

check CIC's website to find the appropriate clinic in your country and check with them.

Ask them about "up fornt medical exam".. good luck

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mbb said:
hi friends
my name in SS is M.
thanks alot
Further to what the previous poster said...for upfront medicals no form is required. If the doctor is using the emedical system you just book the appointment and go (which most are now).