Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2015Dec16
Passport Req..
2016May27
tan_sur69 said:
Hello hope..

Its too hard to say, but let me predict, that considering the backlog of applications from mid Jan month to end of Jan month.
I believe 50 more nominations will be added to the list.
Say 175 + 50 = 225 nominations near (assuming Jan applicants completely are covered).

Just now news. One person from Jan 14th got nominated.... ebi from Iran.
Lets wait and see his nomination number.
Your estimation seems reasonable. If 50 jan apps left so they stop getting AOR because considering 50 apps takes almost 1 month based on speed of NS officers.
I didn't find ebi in spreadsheet. Is he/she a member of this forum?

thanks

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Canadaprseeker said:
Hi , plz can you tell me why are you considering only Jan applicants ? I am sure many other people must have applied in last 6 months.
It will be easier to debug info month wise than half yearly wise.... just a strategy to predict better results.
And also applications of Jan are in momentum ...... lets read the current momentum..... as we do not have complete info of applicants.

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
hope 2015 said:
Your estimation seems reasonable. If 50 jan apps left so they stop getting AOR because considering 50 apps takes almost 1 month based on speed of NS officers.
I didn't find ebi in spreadsheet. Is he/she a member of this forum?

thanks
Maybe he is from whats app group

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Lalit_Nba said:
Hi Experts Snehan, Chitra, Prem, Varma & Odadelemary

According to your calculation, what are the chances for Feb applications.

Regards

Lalit
Hi Lalit,

So far it seems Feb applicants have very good chance of getting nomination.

Though after some research it is surprising to me that we are expecting February applicants to get nomination. Last year Nova Scotia launched the program "Regional Labour Market Demand Stream" on March 06, 2014 and closed on April 28, 2014. In this time duration they received 3000 applications !! It seems that this year number of applications are less (hopefully) compared to last year. Also, last year, the program was announced with the announcement that the applicants in the queue who will not be in the cap can withdraw their application or can wait for their applications to be processed next year. Though, later they announced that those applications will be void as they will now consider only new applications because of new system which is called Express Entry. And later they returned applications of 2014 on late 2014 and beginning of 2015.

As the Nova Scotia Demand Express entry stream is still open, it might happen that the applications which will not be in this year's cap might be considered for next year (till now it is expected that next year there will be no new system in replace of express entry). For this reason, i recommend to keep applying as the stream is still open. Who knows the applicants may be given priority in the coming year.

One more thing, last year, 2,661 newcomers settled in the province. This included 717 people coming through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. So they considered few more applications to give nomination though the cap was reached (cap was 700 last year). Though for RLMD stream only 150 nominations were been given.

Good luck for February and also for March applicants to get nomination this year.

InShaA

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Snehan said:
Hi Lalit,

Though after some research it is surprising to me that we are expecting February applicants to get nomination. Last year Nova Scotia launched the program "Regional Labour Market Demand Stream" on March 06, 2014 and closed on April 28, 2014. In this time duration they received 3000 applications !! It seems that this year number of applications are less (hopefully) compared to last year. Also, last year, the program was announced with the announcement that the applicants in the queue who will not be in the cap can withdraw their application or can wait for their applications to be processed next year. Though, later they announced that those applications will be void as they will now consider only new applications because of new system which is called Express Entry. And later they returned applications of 2014 on late 2014 and beginning of 2015.

As the Nova Scotia Demand Express entry stream is still open, it might happen that the applications which will not be in this year's cap might be considered for next year (till now it is expected that next year there will be no new system in replace of express entry). For this reason, i recommend to keep applying as the stream is still open. Who knows the applicants may be given priority in the coming year.

One more thing, last year, 2,661 newcomers settled in the province. This included 717 people coming through the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. So they considered few more applications to give nomination though the cap was reached (cap was 700 last year). Though for RLMD stream only 150 nominations were been given.

Good luck for February and also for March applicants to get nomination this year.
Super like for the detailed information and analysis. +1 for you.

InShaA

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hello admins,
The express entry and job validation code sent date is not being updated. Please update it to 31st July, 2015.

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
InShaA said:
Hello admins,
The express entry and job validation code sent date is not being updated. Please update it to 31st July, 2015.
Hi InShaA,

Thanks a lot.

SS updated.

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
Snehan said:
Hi Lalit,

Hi , I think your quote is encouraging. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the link which shows the cap of nova scotia demand stream.

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Canadaprseeker said:
Hi , I think your quote is encouraging. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the link which shows the cap of nova scotia demand stream.
Hi Canadaprseeker,

Have a look at the CIC news on January 2015 to know the cap : http://www.cicnews.com/2015/01/introducing-nova-scotia-demand-express-entry-014370.html

Also look at http://novascotiaimmigration.com/regional-labour-market-demand-stream-now-closed/ to know about last year's Regional Labour Market Demand stream.

Applicant78

Apr 25, 2015
Hi all,
I am very happy that I received and accepted nomination yesterday:)!

Can you please update the spreadsheet?

I have accepted the nomination in myCIC, but my score has not yet increased. Has anyone else been in the similar situation?

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Applicant78 said:
Hi all,
I am very happy that I received and accepted nomination yesterday:)!

Can you please update the spreadsheet?

I have accepted the nomination in myCIC, but my score has not yet increased. Has anyone else been in the similar situation?
Hi Applicant78,

Congrats!!

SS updated. Try logout and then login again. You should then see the update in your score :)

Cheers!

Applicant78

Apr 25, 2015
Snehan said:
Hi Applicant78,

Congrats!!

SS updated. Try logout and then login again. You should then see the update in your score :)

Cheers!
Thank you, Snehan!
I have done that several times, but no change.

Canadaprseeker

Dec 22, 2014
Snehan said:
Hi Canadaprseeker,

Have a look at the CIC news on January 2015 to know the cap : http://www.cicnews.com/2015/01/introducing-nova-scotia-demand-express-entry-014370.html

Also look at http://novascotiaimmigration.com/regional-labour-market-demand-stream-now-closed/ to know about last year's Regional Labour Market Demand stream.
Thank you Snehan. I am in dilemma now . should I go ahead and send the application or shall i wait ?

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Applicant78 said:
Thank you, Snehan!
I have done that several times, but no change.
Then just wait a day. My score was updated on the next day.