+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVA SCOTIA Provincial Nominee Program January 2015

tan_sur69

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hello

A question, seniors please advise...

My IELTS score is going to expire in month of Oct (mid). I received nomination last week and waiting for next draw.

So the ielts scores need to be valid till i get the ITA or until the completeness check is completed by CIC as well.

I have booked my dates for Sept 12th...

But want to know how the system works.. Please suggest.

(THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WARM WISHES ...... BEST OF LUCK TO ALL IN THE PROCESS AND THOSE WHO COULD NOT MAKE IT THIS YEAR....
PLEASE DO NOT LOSE HOPE, TRY TRY AGAIN )...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
tan_sur69 said:
Hello

A question, seniors please advise...

My IELTS score is going to expire in month of Oct (mid). I received nomination last week and waiting for next draw.

So the ielts scores need to be valid till i get the ITA or until the completeness check is completed by CIC as well.

I have booked my dates for Sept 12th...

But want to know how the system works.. Please suggest.

(THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WARM WISHES ...... BEST OF LUCK TO ALL IN THE PROCESS AND THOSE WHO COULD NOT MAKE IT THIS YEAR....
PLEASE DO NOT LOSE HOPE, TRY TRY AGAIN )...
I think your scores need to be valid when you apply, when you get your ITA and until a decision is made on your application. If your scores expire, you must report it to CIC and retake the test. This is only my opinion.

Forumites,

Could you please advise?

mdshah24

Sep 4, 2014
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Nova Scotia PNP Program.

I have very basic questions.

If everything goes well and I move to Nova Scotia, till how much time I have to stay there?
In other words, If I want to move to Alberta or Ontario for better jobs than when I will be eligible? (2 years)??

Also, If anyone have info about Job opportunities in IT/Networking industry for this province, Please share it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Manthan

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"
You must show that you meet the requirements in English or French by including the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence.
"
This suggests that the IELTS scores need to be valid until the date one submits their eAPR after receiving an ITA.

Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

amazingfortune

Sep 21, 2014
heeru_maan said:
"
You must show that you meet the requirements in English or French by including the test results when you complete your Express Entry profile. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence.
"
This suggests that the IELTS scores need to be valid until the date one submits their eAPR after receiving an ITA.

Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
Thanks. I have a slightly different question. What if I receive nomination by NS after my IELTs expires? This means my score was valid when I had the AoR but expired when I received my nomination. Can I then retake the test within the 6 months after nomination and re enter the express entry pool?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdshah24 said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply for Nova Scotia PNP Program.

I have very basic questions.

If everything goes well and I move to Nova Scotia, till how much time I have to stay there?
In other words, If I want to move to Alberta or Ontario for better jobs than when I will be eligible? (2 years)??

Also, If anyone have info about Job opportunities in IT/Networking industry for this province, Please share it with me.

Thanks in advance.

Manthan
Technically, once you receive your PR and complete your landing formalities in Nova Scotia, you are eligible to move to any part of Canada.
As specified in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms,

"
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

"

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazingfortune said:
Thanks. I have a slightly different question. What if I receive nomination by NS after my IELTs expires? This means my score was valid when I had the AoR but expired when I received my nomination. Can I then retake the test within the 6 months after nomination and re enter the express entry pool?
When your IELTS results expire, your profile automatically becomes ineligible. Since the NSNP is a part of the EE system, I assume one of the basic requirements is to have a valid EE profile and that Nova Scotia wouldn't be able to nominate you.
However, I suggest you call/email Nova Scotia to get a definitive answer.

clintroy2

Mar 15, 2015
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2015
Doc's Request.
09-06-2015
Nomination.....
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
guys i have received PPR

mapleback

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Jun 2015
Nomination.....
01 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
03 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
01 Dec 2015
Passport Req..
01 Feb 2016
VISA ISSUED...
16 Feb 2016
clintroy2 said:
guys i have received PPR
Wow!! that was super quick!! PPR in less than 1 month?!!

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
I am sending my application today.. please tell me there is no any issue regarding quota...???

mdshah24

Sep 4, 2014
heeru_maan said:
Technically, once you receive your PR and complete your landing formalities in Nova Scotia, you are eligible to move to any part of Canada.
As specified in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms,

"
(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right
(a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
(b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

"
Ok, That's really Great. Thanks alot for the info.

Any idea about Job opportunities (IT/Networking) in this Province?

Regards,
Manthan