+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nova Scotia PNP

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Hi,
I'm looking for a little bit of advice, as I've been considering emigration to Canada.
I've been looking at the new Nova Scotia stream which does not require a job offer.

I was wondering if this would be very difficult to be selected, as from their applications, they only accept 150, and also they require evidence to show your intention of permanently settling there and become economically set up. However my occupation is regulated in Canada, and I'm not registered to work in Canada, which means I would not be able to work straight away. I was wondering what my chances are of a successful application, as I have not been to Nova Scotia or have work connections there to provide this evidence. Is it worthwhile applying through this route if I don't have any evidence, I guess they are very selective with who they select with only 150 applicants.

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
Yes.. I was also looking for this to apply for. But I have fear that only 150 applications will be selected so my money will go waste inspite of 100% eligibility.

I don't understand why this immigration programs have 5 band Ielts and FSW has 6... wat makes the difference? If via FSW anyone gets PR he/she can move to Nova Scotia or Manitoba where IELTS band requirement is very low. I believe this Nova Scotia is very difficult to get as just 150 applications all over world.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
I'm wondering if they're selection criteria is going to be very strict and will require a lot of proof to support their application.

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
I think so their selection criteria will be strict... Just 150 they need out of lakhs.. It looks impossible to get PR via Nova Scotia..

I found good one is Manitoba. But problem is difficult to get someone who can sponsor you.. Other than this last option is Federal Skilled. But IELTS requirement is high in this. Let's see what's in destiny will get that. I hope for the best..

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Yeah 150 is not a lot when there are so many occupations on the list as well. I think it's the provinces that aren't as popular that have these to help attract people there. But I've heard from people in other Canada forums say that they might not bring out a new list for the FSW this year since they will be changing system in January 2015 :(

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
That's really sad news for FSW....I was expecting some changes this year for FSW... Like you and me only left with option of Manitoba.. I found Manitoba Nomine Program works like NSW..If your file not picked this year you get chance next year.. But the problem is how to find out a sponsorship from Manitoba...A stranger will not sponsor at any cost.. MPNP takes approx 1.5 year but in this 5 bands IELTS is accepted and spouse no need to given any IELTS... Lets hope for the best.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Yeah I was putting in hopes for FSW too, but bit disappointed that they may not bring out a new list. Some people say it may be some version of the current one, but they'll probably focus their attention on the new Expression of Interest system for next year :( Yeah I've heard that Mannitoba's one, but I think it'll be like NS, very selective :-/

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
It's like killing all hopes to wait till next year.. I don't understand why IELTS 6 band in FSW and 5 band for MPNP, Nova Scotia, Sakstchwen...

No in Manitoba Nomine Program risk factor is very low.. I am recently married and eligible for Manitoba as per their occupation list...But failed to find out any sponsorship. btw you are from which country?

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
I know what you mean, I'm not sure what will happen in May. But other people seem to think CIC won't invest too much time on producing a new list in May, but instead focus on the new one in Jan 2015. But the new Expression of Interest system sounds like it would be tough as well, as you would have to be selected by an employer and then they invite you to apply :-/
Im in the UK, but sometimes feel UK is not as nice as it used to be. Where are you based?

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
Oh.. Just we can hope for the best only.. Well UK is very nice country but might be in terms of quality life Canada is at top list. I am from India. I recently back from Singapore thought we can migrate their, though its an exotic place but didn't like to live forever. I have many good known friends in Toronto basically all from India as PR holders and they also ready to assist me. But my requirement was from Manitoba.....Let's see what's their in the destiny.

miss_mp

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
That's good you've got friends there who've moved there and they can give you help on applying. Singapore is nice, though I guess in Asia the pace of life can be quite fast. In the UK it's okay, though sometimes I think it's not as good a country as it used to be with the recession now. Let's hope for the best, and hope things all work out for good.