Otober 9, 2010
AOR Received.
October 9, 2010/ 2nd AOR Feb. 9,2011
IELTS Request
with FD on Jan. 19, 2011
Med's Request
In-Process : March 5,2012/ MED Request: March 16, 2012,
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012, Receive by VO on April 17, 2012, ECAS showing Medicals received on May 6, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped: July 27, 2012/Passport back from CEM:August 2, 2012
LANDED..........
February 21, 2013
Hello Seniors and forum mates!

I would like to know what is your opinion when it comes to choosing between Nova Scotia or Saskatchewan for Filipino newcomers? We plan to make our move to Canada on November but until now quite confused where really to land. Where there is good job market or survival jobs for newcomers. Me and my hubby are working on our registrations but this will take time to finalize so we need to take any jobs during our first few months just to make both ends meet....I would appreciate for any suggestions, recommendations.....Thanks!!

Reactions: ThenmozhiGv

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unemployment rate in Nova Scotia, 9.2%
Unemployment rate in Saskatchewan, 4.5%

See here:http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/120608/t120608a003-eng.htm

So.. from that, I'd say Saskatchewan is a lot better.

Besides, if you stay in Saskatchewan, the PNP will allow you to sponsor your brothers and sisters and their families.

eager_ruby

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
Otober 9, 2010
AOR Received.
October 9, 2010/ 2nd AOR Feb. 9,2011
IELTS Request
with FD on Jan. 19, 2011
Med's Request
In-Process : March 5,2012/ MED Request: March 16, 2012,
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012, Receive by VO on April 17, 2012, ECAS showing Medicals received on May 6, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped: July 27, 2012/Passport back from CEM:August 2, 2012
LANDED..........
February 21, 2013
Leon said:
Unemployment rate in Nova Scotia, 9.2%
Unemployment rate in Saskatchewan, 4.5%

See here:http://www.statcan.gc.ca/daily-quotidien/120608/t120608a003-eng.htm

So.. from that, I'd say Saskatchewan is a lot better.

Besides, if you stay in Saskatchewan, the PNP will allow you to sponsor your brothers and sisters and their families.
Thanks sir for the input. I for one would also choose Saskatchewan because of the job market, besides many already landed immigrants recommend this. Now, my next querry is between Regina vs Saskatoon. Any idea which one is better and friendly for family with kids?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to statcan, there is lower unemployment in Regina but apart from that, I don't think there is much difference between the cities.

amaniziad

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Leon said:
According to statcan, there is lower unemployment in Regina but apart from that, I don't think there is much difference between the cities.
hi , V.good infos .... pls , i wd like to ask wich place there is safe to be accommodated especialy with teenager kids ... schools ? office jobs (admin. & secretarial ) ...etc? cost of living .. pls advice

srana

Aug 31, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2010
Doc's Request.
25-05-2010
AOR Received.
27-10-2010
IELTS Request
25-05-2010
File Transfer...
20-08-2010, update documents sent 27-01-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
n/a
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Unknown
VISA ISSUED...
Unknown
LANDED..........
Unknown
Leon said:
very usefull info.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Regina is technically the capital, but Saskatoon is a little bigger. These days Regina is booming a little more than Saskatoon, but both cities are doing well (and the province economically outperforming most of the country).

The biggest adjustment will be the weather and lifestyle. I live in Winnipeg, so the lifestyle here is similar to Saskatchewan (however Winnipeg is still 3 times larger than either Regina or Saskatoon). Many people come from rural communities (ie farmer lifestyle). Winters are harsh/extreme, but summers are very nice. You'll hear a lot of country music, see lots of Rye on the shelves, and hear a lot about wedding socials.

It's much easier to afford a house with a yard in the prairies than elsewhere in the country (especially the GVR or GTA areas), so factor that in your kids equation. However enjoying the outdoors is weather contingent.

Nova Scotia would be a considerably different experience, with its own quirks.

phani7788

May 17, 2015
what about the software companies ? do we get jobs easily how is the survival for a family .

can we have part time jobs ?please guide us

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eager_ruby said:
Hello Seniors and forum mates!

I would like to know what is your opinion when it comes to choosing between Nova Scotia or Saskatchewan for Filipino newcomers? We plan to make our move to Canada on November but until now quite confused where really to land. Where there is good job market or survival jobs for newcomers. Me and my hubby are working on our registrations but this will take time to finalize so we need to take any jobs during our first few months just to make both ends meet....I would appreciate for any suggestions, recommendations.....Thanks!!
Hello,

I guess you're already in Saskatchewan and i hope you're doing well.

I am also confused on which province to apply, okay po ba ang Saskatchewan?

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
employment opportunities might be better in SK but if you are able to find a job in halifax, cost of loving is lower. Weather is considerably better. Lifestyle is considerably better.

I live in Halifax for 6 years now. Would never move to SK. Just saying...

Good luck

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NetMecca said:
employment opportunities might be better in SK but if you are able to find a job in halifax, cost of loving is lower. Weather is considerably better. Lifestyle is considerably better.

I live in Halifax for 6 years now. Would never move to SK. Just saying...

Good luck
Sent you PM, please check your inbox. Thanks

Aspiring CA

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NetMecca said:
I replied but not sure if you got it. Let me know if you have not, I will do it again
Thank you, got it. Will be reading it now... God bless

kaceyx

Jul 27, 2017
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Nomination.....
Nova Scotia
Hi guys,

Can you please let me know which state is better for marketing, advertising and web development? Also, I was looking online and I found that the cost of living in Halifax is almost 15-20% higher than Regina.. Can anyone confirm which one is better?

Thanks,

Khaled

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

Can you please let me know which state is better for marketing, advertising and web development? Also, I was looking online and I found that the cost of living in Halifax is almost 15-20% higher than Regina.. Can anyone confirm which one is better?

Thanks,

Khaled
Saskatoon should be more expensive than Halifax. Every city should have basic marketing, advertising, web development jobs. If you have experience working in large corporations or for boutique marketing firms you have to go to the larger cities.