+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nov 2016 applicant

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi everyone im nov 2016 inland spousal sponsorship applicant.
Any updates for nov2016 applicants?
I had my medical last month.

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hi, have you had any news?
I have my medical and police certificate sent. My medical tests were done around the same date as yours and were successful.
Have they processed your background check? Mine has been processing for almost a year!
How is yours doing so far??? Any updates??

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Hi yes they started my background check last october after they received my medical. My common law partner told me that cic called him last friday that the back log is 180days now. And he dont know what cic means of that for review or approve.. Sigh.. I Wish they called me instead of him because he dont know anything on this stuffs. At least i know exactly what it means. Sigh..
Did you apply inland??
Do you have a work permit?
They have been processing my background check for more than 7 months and nothing. I hope they hurry!

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Yes inland. I received my open work permit last year on march and valid until march 2018. They said in this forum background check and security check takes 0- 6 months.
When did u apply? Inland or outland?

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Yes inland. I received my open work permit last year on march and valid until march 2018. They said in this forum background check and security check takes 0- 6 months.
When did u apply? Inland or outland?
I applied outland. And I got a work permit until March 2019 as well. Did you have your background check approved already? I sent my police certificate from Mexico last year in the middle of May but they are still "processing" it.

Reactions: Elah304

Elah304

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I applied outland. And I got a work permit until March 2019 as well. Did you have your background check approved already? I sent my police certificate from Mexico last year in the middle of May but they are still "processing" it.
My background check is still in proccess.

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Sorry I meant to say INLAND. I made a mistake. Mine is still in process. Hopefully things change soon for us!

Reactions: Elah304

brizzha

Feb 6, 2018
Yes hopefully. When did you submit your application?
It was received December 2nd, 2016... and you?
Any updates?
Have you called?
I call and the automatic machine usually says... your eligibility has not started yet... do you have the same?