+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nov 16th update - PhD candidates can apply through BC PNP

amvs

Dec 7, 2022
As of Nov 16th, for the BC PNP
  • The International Post-Graduate stream has been expanded to include doctoral graduates and PhD candidates in any field of study
I already had an Express Entry profile submitted. Is there a way to change my profile to PNP?

If I have to create a new profile, how do I get the PNP option?

Thanks in advance :)

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
As of Nov 16th, for the BC PNP
  • The International Post-Graduate stream has been expanded to include doctoral graduates and PhD candidates in any field of study
I already had an Express Entry profile submitted. Is there a way to change my profile to PNP?

If I have to create a new profile, how do I get the PNP option?

Thanks in advance :)
I think you would withdraw from the express entry pool, and once you have a nomination from the province create a new EE profile.

awaiss20

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
We are applying on the basis of PhD candidacy, however, there is question on BC PNP form that did you complete your education from Canada/BC?
Since, we have not completed but still eligible then how should we deal with this question?

Thanks

chickchick93

Jan 16, 2023
We are applying on the basis of PhD candidacy, however, there is question on BC PNP form that did you complete your education from Canada/BC?
Since, we have not completed but still eligible then how should we deal with this question?

Thanks
Hi, I checked the BC PNP technical guide, and for the Ph.D. candidate, you have a specific way to declare your candidacy
  • Level of post-secondary education attainedUse the drop-down list to select
    PhD candidates should select Post
    Graduate (incomplete)

Field of studyUse the drop-down list to select
    PhD candidates – select ‘Other’ and type
    “PhD Candidate – your field of study

Since I transferred directly from MS.c to Ph.D., I haven't completed the Ph.D. For the last question to ask about IPG eligibility, unfortunately, I have to say no. But I already followed the instruction to declare my candidacy. I just submitted the application 2 days ago, don't how long it will take for the Ph.D. candidacy case.

Hope for the best to come.

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022

Thanks
Hello, is this program only for phd students in BC?

Zibakhanim

Jul 14, 2023
Hello everyone. I am a PhD candidate in BC and I want to apply for BC PNP. Do I need an ECA for my undergraduate and master's degrees? I think this will not be a requirement since I am a candidate at a Canadian university. Has anyone had this experience?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone. I am a PhD candidate in BC and I want to apply for BC PNP. Do I need an ECA for my undergraduate and master's degrees? I think this will not be a requirement since I am a candidate at a Canadian university. Has anyone had this experience?
The Ph.D is still in progress, you have not as yet achieved it. So as for now your highest degree is Masters', hence you do need an ECA.

spiderweb

Dec 25, 2023
Hi, I checked the BC PNP technical guide, and for the Ph.D. candidate, you have a specific way to declare your candidacy
  • Level of post-secondary education attainedUse the drop-down list to select
    PhD candidates should select Post
    Graduate (incomplete)

Field of studyUse the drop-down list to select
    PhD candidates – select ‘Other’ and type
    “PhD Candidate – your field of study

Since I transferred directly from MS.c to Ph.D., I haven't completed the Ph.D. For the last question to ask about IPG eligibility, unfortunately, I have to say no. But I already followed the instruction to declare my candidacy. I just submitted the application 2 days ago, don't how long it will take for the Ph.D. candidacy case.

Hope for the best to come.
Are PhD candidates still eligible to apply for BC PNP?

When applying for the BC PNP online, should I answer "NO" to the question "Do you have a graduate degree from a post-secondary institution in B.C.?" since I have not yet received my degree and am currently a candidate?

Additionally, I am planning to apply for BC PNP non-express entry. Will I be required to demonstrate funds in my bank account?

akamel

Mar 3, 2024
Are PhD candidates still eligible to apply for BC PNP?

When applying for the BC PNP online, should I answer "NO" to the question "Do you have a graduate degree from a post-secondary institution in B.C.?" since I have not yet received my degree and am currently a candidate?

Additionally, I am planning to apply for BC PNP non-express entry. Will I be required to demonstrate funds in my bank account?
When I select "No", it does not allow me to continue with my application. Is there a mistake I did somewhere else in the profile? My friends who applied 6 months ago, answered "No", and it was fine.

Reactions: spiderweb

akamel

Mar 3, 2024
same here. DId you fix it?
Yes.

We should answer "YES" for this question.
Below is the response I got:

Do you have a graduate degree from a post-secondary institution in B.C.?
If you are a PhD student who has been admitted to candidacy at a public B.C. post-secondary institution, please select yes.

Is your program of study on the list of eligible IPG programs of study (PDF)
Select the correct response.

akamel

Mar 3, 2024
Yes.

We should answer "YES" for this question.
Below is the response I got:

Do you have a graduate degree from a post-secondary institution in B.C.?
If you are a PhD student who has been admitted to candidacy at a public B.C. post-secondary institution, please select yes.

Is your program of study on the list of eligible IPG programs of study (PDF)
Select the correct response.
you should also note that the question to the question "Is your program of study on the list of eligible IPG programs of study (PDF)" should always be yes if you are a PhD candidate because all doctoral studies is eligible IPG programs

MJ1234

Apr 12, 2024
Hi all ,
I have the same question - if I select no to the IPG eligibility question , the system does not let me submit , I am not sure if we can select yes to this question , since we do not currently have a phd degree
Could you confirm , if we can select yes to the question - do you have a degree from Bc ? Even if we are a phd candidate ?