+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notifying a Change of Address

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi all,

So, I am currently on implied status awaiting the decision of my inland application for OWP and PR. Me and my partner (my sponsor) currently share an apartment, but due to her work schedule, the area we live in is terrible for her. (She works night shifts and has to sleep in the day, and our neighbourhood and neighbours are very loud which means she can't sleep properly which risks her health while driving long distances to work, and it's just a really sketchy area.)

We are intending to move in a month to a new apartment which will suit her lifestyle much better, and obviously I am going too. We are also unimpressed with our landlord and property company's attitude.

I just want to know at what point I should inform IRCC of this change of address, and what they might need, as I can't seem to find the correct information online? Will I simply need to tell them the new address, or will they require a copy of the new rental agreement?

I am earning from hobbies for people in my native country of the UK as a means of earning while I cannot work in Canada, so I can provide rent for her. The property company we intend to go with is aware of my situation and is completely fine with it, as I am also on leave of absence from my workplace while I await a decision on my applications.

As a sidenote, I had my request for medical exam a couple of weeks ago, so I have undertaken that, and also my bloodwork and x-rays almost a week ago (which I had no idea was needed until the doctor told me). So I am waiting to be notified that it has all been sent to IRCC. Hopefully will be soon!

Thanks, and appreciate any info that can be given!

Last edited:

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Okay thanks, so moving apartment isn't likely to cause any issues in my application? I saw that there was a file attachment option on the webform. Do they require a rental agreement do you think?

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I did this recently. I just sent an email, or use webform, and say hello, I've moved! Here is my current address.

Sweet and simple . :)

AMBriers

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Thanks guys. I was worried that moving while on implied status might have repercussions, but I feel better now. :)