+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notify IRCC about job change

solo30

Jun 10, 2020
Good day everyone!

I applied for citizenship last year and I was scheduled for the oath in March but it was cancelled due to covid19.
I will change job in 2 weeks and I was wondering if I need to notify IRCC about it, at the bottom of the application I signed it says " I agree to advise IRCC if any information on this form changes before I take the Oath of Citizenship". So my understanding is yes I have to advise them.

The new job actually requires TSC, should I mention this in the webform and attach the job offer to prove it?
A big thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Good day everyone!

I applied for citizenship last year and I was scheduled for the oath in March but it was cancelled due to covid19.
I will change job in 2 weeks and I was wondering if I need to notify IRCC about it, at the bottom of the application I signed it says " I agree to advise IRCC if any information on this form changes before I take the Oath of Citizenship". So my understanding is yes I have to advise them.

The new job actually requires TSC, should I mention this in the webform and attach the job offer to prove it?
A big thank you!

1/ No, you don't have to inform CIC, they don't care about job changes.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
having a job is already much better than not having a job. those not having a job got citizenship without problem.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Good day everyone!

A big thank you!
@PMM gets this right. No need to notify IRCC of employment changes after applying.

Worth noting why they don't care: job changes after applying do not constitute any change in the information provided in the application. Regarding employment, all that is requested in the application is employment HISTORY for the five year eligibility period. That will never change. Might be corrected if a mistake was made. But historical information does not change.

Current address is different. Applicants are required to notify IRCC of any change in the address where they actually reside. This is not about the information provided in the address history part of the application. That, again, is history and does not change.

This obligation to inform IRCC about a change in current address is about the information provided in item 7 (looking at CIT 0002 (12-2019) version of application). Since the applicant affirms he or she will notify IRCC of any material changes in any of the information submitted in the application, if the applicant's "Home address (residence in Canada) changes, the applicant is required to timely provide IRCC an update (technically the failure to do so can be considered a misrepresentation by omission but there is little sign IRCC enforces this to that extent).

Reactions: solo30

solo30

Jun 10, 2020
Thank you @PMM and @dpenabill (thanks for what you do for this community) for the detailed explanation. I guess that sentence applies only on marital status/address and to paragraph 16 (criminality questions) .