+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notification of interest received in error

greenleader12

Feb 1, 2022
Good Day

My son recently applied on the Express Entry portal, which indicated that he had a CRS of 465. A few weeks later, he received an OINP (Ontario PNP) notification of interest letter. However, in going through the process, he noticed that he had made an error in his Express Entry IELTS figures and inadvertently entered one of the IELTS result figures incorrectly - he entered an 8.0 score, instead of the 9.0 score that he actually received in the IELTS exam. Normally this would be a positive, as by amending the Express Entry IELTS score, he actually increases his CRS to 468. But the OINP draw had a CRS limit of between 464 and 467. So now he has discovered that he maybe received the NOI letter in error as a result. He has since updated his Express Entry to reflect the corrected, higher IELTS score. He has not submitted his OINP response yet.

My question to the forum is:
1) Should he simply withdraw from the OINP NOI application?
2) Contact OINP and discuss it with them?

He is of course wanting to do the correct thing and follow all rules. So I am wanting to know if anyone has come across such a situation in the past and any advice that can be shared?

Kind regards

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Good Day

My son recently applied on the Express Entry portal, which indicated that he had a CRS of 465. A few weeks later, he received an OINP (Ontario PNP) notification of interest letter. However, in going through the process, he noticed that he had made an error in his Express Entry IELTS figures and inadvertently entered one of the IELTS result figures incorrectly - he entered an 8.0 score, instead of the 9.0 score that he actually received in the IELTS exam. Normally this would be a positive, as by amending the Express Entry IELTS score, he actually increases his CRS to 468. But the OINP draw had a CRS limit of between 464 and 467. So now he has discovered that he maybe received the NOI letter in error as a result. He has since updated his Express Entry to reflect the corrected, higher IELTS score. He has not submitted his OINP response yet.

He is of course wanting to do the correct thing and follow all rules. So I am wanting to know if anyone has come across such a situation in the past and any advice that can be shared?

Kind regards
he should reject it. This is a misrep, i know people are reducing their scores for qualifying for OINP.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
Good Day

Kind regards
or what will happen is that oinp will not refund that 1500$

Last edited:

hasanib92

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
09-02-2022
it’s okay the cutoff number is only tow show the minimum score selected. Your son should apply and not reject it as long as his actual score is better than the one on file.

hasanib92

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
09-02-2022
he should reject it. This is a misrep, i know people are reducing their scores for qualifying for OINP.
Are you qualified to give such advice?!

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
it’s okay the cutoff number is only tow show the minimum score selected. Your son should apply and not reject it as long as his actual score is better than the one on file.
You are out of your mind. THis is ONIP not federal draws. Hiding facts and lowering scores is a misrep, anyone who has gone through the system will be able to tell you that.

Last edited:

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
Withdrawing the application was the correct thing to do, in my opinion. It's insane that having a higher score would disqualify an otherwise perfectly fine candidate, but there's no telling what the immigration office chooses to construe as misrepresentation. Better to be safe than sorry in this case.