+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

notification from manila

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Hello all...
Well... I can see I'm not the only one going through this miserable experience with Canada Immigration. I'm hoping someone can help easy the pain of waiting for the unknown.... I sent my application to sponsor my wife to come join me here in Canada on in August 2013...I was approved to sponsor her on September 9th... at which time immigration in Mississauga advised me that a letter was sent to me verifying that (still waiting for that letter).

I called them 3 times now about the letter and still no letter....Now I am not really concerned about the letter...but what concerns me is how do I know they sent the application to Manila. One person from Mississauga says it takes a month and a half to reach Manila and another person tells me verbally my application is there already........

my question is.. does anyone know how I can verify my application has been received in Manila? and not lost?

I will greatly appreciate any information and advise....

thanks so much

Rich

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
Hi denny hope I can help you I just have a few question ... when you were approved as a sponsor, did CIC provide you with a UCI number? Were you notified via email or how did you know you were approved as a sponsor?

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Thanks so much rowdboat for replying...
Yes I have a client identification number...The only reason I got the number is because I called the "call center" in Mississauga and they advised me verbally over the phone that I was approved to sponsor my wife and gave me the client identification number.

When I check my status online it says they received my application to sponsor and my wife's application for permanent residence visa on August 19 2013.

But that's is when it was received in Mississauga..... since then no updates or anything when I check.

They tell me verbally its in manila... but I really don't know ....they can seem to send me a letter from Mississauga telling me I was approved so why would I believe they sent the application to manila.....

Thanks so much for your time..

Rich

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
Hi Rich, all correspondence I got from this sponsorship came through email. have you checked yours? maybe they have already sent you something. also you can use your UCI# to check your status in ECAS. It will help you track down your application staus although sometimes it could be unreliable because they dont update it often. If you were approved to sponsor then yes your application is already in manila. We got sponsorship approval feb 26 and by mar 5 our application was already in manila. now the next step is to wait for them to request additional docs (if necessary) and passport request with some forms. usually this will come 3 to 4 months after your sponsorship is approved. Except for some missing correspondences I believe your application is on the right track. ;-)

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Yes I have checked my email often (even my junk mail)...... Nothing..... And I check my online status regularly and it still only says the application was received in Mississauga ... Very frustrating... Thanks so much for your information and your time..... Are you making any progress with your application?

Rich

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
denny303 said:
Yes I have checked my email often (even my junk mail)...... Nothing..... And I check my online status regularly and it still only says the application was received in Mississauga ... Very frustrating... Thanks so much for your information and your time..... Are you making any progress with your application?

Rich
Hmm that's quite strange because we got a lot of correspondences from them ... first from CIC indicating that they have received our application and that it is under review (email sent to sponsor only) ... then another email indicating sponsorship approval (with pdf file) and that they are transferring all our files to Manila (email sent to sponsor only) ... then came the passport request or called PPR (email sent to both applicant and sponsor)... that's as far as we have gone through with our application.

When you called the call center did you request them to send you proof of your sponsorship approval? I saw from the other threads that sometimes they also mis-spell the email address (for some weird reason they do). If there is a way where you can verify from them what email address is listed on your application just to make sure they didn't mess things up please do verify.

In your ECAS when you log on to it, it should indicate the name of the person you are sponsoring ...under sponsorship application status does it say application received or does it say decision made?

I will also recommend you looking onto these threads below .... a lot more people are reading and answering Manila visa office questions there. Don't worry they are very much helpful and whoever knows the answer will quickly answer your questions (unlike in this thread). It was just a coincidence that I was tinkering through this site and bumped into your question. :)

The link below is for English speakers...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t123646.0.html;topicseen

This link below is more for the tagalog speakers -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t40680.40170.html;topicseen

Hope in my little way I have helped you somehow ... let me know if you have any other questions and if there is anything more I can help you with :D

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Yes they messed up my email address... They forgot one letter... I have corrected them already and still no email.

When I check my status on line it shows my wife's name as person being sponsored ....then under the heading "sponsorship application status" it says decision made .. When I click on that it says they received my application and a letter has been sent to me.

The next heading says " permenent residence status" it says application received... When I click on that it just says they received the application for my wife's permenent residence..

I assume it only means the received my application in Mississauga

I check this daily and never any change

Rich

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
hey that's good news... decision made under sponsorship application status means you are approved as a sponsor and application received under permanent residence status means your application is indeed in Manila already.

the only difference in our Ecas is under permanent residence status aside from application received , it also indicates medical results received. did your wife include her medicals when you submitted your app?

you are very much on the right track ... just wait for passport request (PPR) it should come around 5 to 6 months from your sponsorship approval. its a long wait but that's how things are. Patience is indeed a virtue in this waiting game :)

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Thank you Rowdboat for the re-assurance... its very much appreciated...

No my wife did not do her medical yet...we were under the impression that immigration would request that from us and advise us what doctor she needs to see and send her forms for doctor to fill out...

thanks again...it gives us great comfort knowing we are on the right track..

its been a long road

Rich

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
for sponsorship cases you should do your medicals first before you submit your app. i'm not sure now how to go about this il ask people from the other forum maybe someone has the same case as you are. delayed medicals could cause more waiting time (for some reason it takes 2 weeks to 1 month before the clinic can forward the results to CEM (canadian embassy manila). il let you know what their answers are.

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
ok here's what they said ... your wife should do her medicals now .. there is a form that you should bring to the accredited clinic or hospital to do this its called appendix C (you can search it online) and i believe it came with the sponsorship kit you initially downloaded plus some other photo requirements and money of course ( ours was 5000 pesos back in Nov 2012) you can check for accedited clinics or hospitals to where your wife is closest (some are based in manila and some are in the provinces) after doing everything the clinic will issue you a piece of paper or certificate of a sort that you have done your medicals. your wife in turn should send this to CEM (my advice is through courier so you can track the package make sure its not lost) indicate your UCI and File number and send it to visa section of CEM located at level 6 of the RCBC plaza in Makati City.

denny303

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Ok thanks...
I guess my wife is going to have to fly to Manila to get her medical done... She lives in palo leyte and I don't see a canadian immigration approved doctor there.
One more hurdle ...

Best of luck with your application process

Keep in touch

Rich

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
denny303 said:
Ok thanks...
I guess my wife is going to have to fly to Manila to get her medical done... She lives in palo leyte and I don't see a canadian immigration approved doctor there.
One more hurdle ...

Best of luck with your application process

Keep in touch

Rich
Hey Rich, I think Cebu or Davao is closer to Leyte than to Manila but if the cost of going to Cebu or Davao is almost the same as going to Manila then I would say Manila would be the better choice.

Goodluck on your app process and yes keep in touch

Jac :)

Shepherd

Oct 18, 2013
:) hello everyone i just want to ask how long does it take to wait for a working visa going to canada? im done with my medical last October 5.. I just want to know.. Thank you :)

rowdboat

Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
File Transfer...
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
Shepherd said:
:) hello everyone i just want to ask how long does it take to wait for a working visa going to canada? im done with my medical last October 5.. I just want to know.. Thank you :)
Hi Shepherd, not familiar with the process for working visas. I'm under family class sponsorship classification. So sorry I can't help you with your question.