+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice to Appear - Verification of documents and interview

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
Hi All,

I got a notice to appear via video meeting for verification of documentation and interview. What does this normal consist of and what can I expect?

Currently background check complete since 2021 and test completed in Apr 2022.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi All,

I got a notice to appear via video meeting for verification of documentation and interview. What does this normal consist of and what can I expect?

Currently background check complete since 2021 and test completed in Apr 2022.
They will ask you simple questions that are on your document and then say goodbye thats it.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
questions that are on my document? do you mean my travel documents or my application?
Whatever they wanna ask, they most likely wanna know if you can speak English and understand basic questions. so they can ask
  • where did you live in 2020
  • What is the current address
  • What is your id exp date
  • have you lfet canada when and where and when you came back
No one know what they will ask you, but they are just asking simple questions, it is not a bad thing they do it all the time to anyone they want to do it with

Read more here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/decisions/interviewing-adult-applicants.html

All you need to do is follow the instructions on the letter and go to the interview you will sit with a human and they will ask you simple questuions and then you go about your day

good luck

hfxfilms2020

Star Member
Oct 7, 2022
Whatever they wanna ask, they most likely wanna know if you can speak English and understand basic questions. so they can ask
  • where did you live in 2020
  • What is the current address
  • What is your id exp date
  • have you lfet canada when and where and when you came back
No one know what they will ask you, but they are just asking simple questions, it is not a bad thing they do it all the time to anyone they want to do it with

Read more here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/decisions/interviewing-adult-applicants.html

All you need to do is follow the instructions on the letter and go to the interview you will sit with a human and they will ask you simple questuions and then you go about your day

good luck
Thank-you

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
In some cases, do these interviews go directly to oath?
LOL i had a staff who called me one day, and told me he cannot come to work because he told me he was going to work half day due to an interview and then the same day was told he can attend the OATH same day in 1 hr from his interview and he said YES and then told me sorry.

I laughed and then said no worries I would call out from work too if that was me. i have not heard of that ever happening though again especially over vid

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
LOL i had a staff who called me one day, and told me he cannot come to work because he told me he was going to work half day due to an interview and then the same day was told he can attend the OATH same day in 1 hr from his interview and he said YES and then told me sorry.

I laughed and then said no worries I would call out from work too if that was me. i have not heard of that ever happening though again especially over vid
Likely last minute cancellation from someone who was scheduled at attend an oath ceremony. Not common