+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice To Appear :ask new Interview after passing the test

David2019

Feb 17, 2019
Hi friends
After 15 month of submitng of citizenship application ( Nov2017) and passing the test(March2017) I got Notice to appear for phisically presence! Also I frequently had many business trip to overseas before, is anybody have this experiences? What is NTA for this time? They ask me to have a interview with citizenship officer and also ask me bring all documents While I miss many documents because of long time ago! Let me know What happens in this interview? What is the purpose of this interview? Also after this interview how long take it for Oath level and final it?!
Please advice me if you have any experiences like this.
Thank a lot for time

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi friends
After 15 month of submitng of citizenship application ( Nov2017) and passing the test(March2017) I got Notice to appear for phisically presence! Also I frequently had many business trip to overseas before, is anybody have this experiences? What is NTA for this time? They ask me to have a interview with citizenship officer and also ask me bring all documents While I miss many documents because of long time ago! Let me know What happens in this interview? What is the purpose of this interview? Also after this interview how long take it for Oath level and final it?!
Please advice me if you have any experiences like this.
Thank a lot for time
The forum has seen rather view anecdotal reports about interviews with a Citizenship Officer (other than the standard PI Interview attendant test events), for any reason let alone an interview specifically about the Presence requirement. We do not know how common, or uncommon, such interviews are. They are explicitly covered in the Program Delivery Instructions.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/decisions/interviewing-adult-applicants.html
and section under heading titled "In-depth residence interview."

While we do not know a lot about actual practices attendant these interviews. You do not mention responding to RQ-related requests, such as CIT 0502 (RQ-lite) or CIT 0171 (full-blown RQ) or other requests for residency/presence related information. My guess would be that applicants are NOT scheduled for a Citizenship Officer Residence Interview without first being issued at least some request for additional information or documentation . . . it would be helpful to know if you have, or have not, received any such requests.

As for what it is about, that should be NO mystery. The Citizenship Officer has concerns you do not meet the minimum physical presence requirement. Why, and to what extent this is cause for concern, depend on the particular facts . . . all of which YOU know. So you are in a much better position to know what this is about and to what extent you have cause to worry.

While the forum may not be able to offer you much information to help you, in contrast you could help the forum respond to future queries about this by giving us some additional information. Especially clarifying what, if any, requests for additional information you have received and replied to up to this stage. And of course if you could return and report how this goes for you, that could help us address future queries about this.

To be clear, you want to go to the hearing with as strong documentation as you can which will prove your address history, your work history, and your travel history, for the FULL FIVE YEAR eligibility period (or at least since you first came to live in Canada if you applied less than five years after coming to Canada). And if any of this evidence has gaps or weaknesses, bring as much proof as you can of other specific activities you engaged in while in Canada, from medical services to religious activities, perhaps bills and proof of payment, maybe some banking records which reflect activities in Canada.

Reactions: EstherBarros