+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice of Assessment is taking too long

TechnoMaster

Dec 15, 2011
Hey everyone,

Great forum. I'm going through preparing my application for PR now. I already have my one year since September. I've been preparing documents since then. My Notice of Assessment was taking too long and when I called they said that because it's the first time I file my taxes, it will take 4 months.

By that time, I would have lost a lot of time, which means more time apart from my wife. Also, by that time, most of the Police record documents that I prepared would be expired since they are only valid for 3 months and I'll have to get new ones, which is expensive and takes time.

My question is, can I apply without the Notice of Assessment and provide my latest T4 and all the pay stubs of the last 15 months I worked? I would include a letter explaining the situation and if needed I can send it as soon as I get it.

Would that just delay my application and make it confusing? Would it help save time? Would they accept something like that?

Thanks in advance

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Maybe. I would usually recommend waiting until you have all the required documents, but if your police clearances will expire anyway, you may as well try it. You don't need to send paystubs, just your T4 and a statement about why you don't yet have the NOA and that you will send it as soon as you receive it. If you're with the same employer, make sure that your letter of employment from your employer has a recent date on it - I would say no more than a month old from when you submit your application (get a new one if necessary). If they don't accept it, they will simply return your application package, nothing lost.

That's REALLY slow for the NOA tho - did you file your return after the April 30 deadline?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi Techno Master...could you please update us about your status. What happened? I'm also missing notice of assessment and wondering what will happen.