+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notary service in London, England

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Hi

I am just putting together my documents for CHC London. I need to have some documents notarised so got some quotes from some notaries. They either charge by documents or by the hour, and cost 55 pounds/document or 260 pounds/hour.

I have a few year's payslips to be notarised, as well as other documents (employment contracts, passport, degrees etc). It would cost me an arm and leg (maybe over 1,000 pounds)!

I would be grateful if anyone who has done it in London could share their experiences:

- Do I need to notarise everything? For example, Employer Reference/bank statements/IELTS results/professional qualification letter, if they are already originals, do they still need to be notarised?

- I have asked my university to put a stamp on the degree certficate to certify that it is a true copy. Will the CHC accept this? It is not a notarised copy, but is certified by the university.

- Do you know of any notaries in/near London which charge a reasonable price? 55 pounds per document is simply unaffordable for me.

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Joe

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
unbelievable and horrendous!!

Have you tried the yellow pages?

Try the following links: Calling and asking how much they will charge is FREE!!! LOL

http://www.uk.best-price.com/productsearch/search/q/notary+prices/ag/prices/s/yahoo/?OVRAW=find%20a%20notary&OVKEY=notary%20prices&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=5412844031&OVKWID=27888303531

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BobbyB said:
unbelievable and horrendous!!

Have you tried the yellow pages?

Try the following links: Calling and asking how much they will charge is FREE!!! LOL

http://www.seldon-notary.co.uk/individuals/services-individuals.htm
http://www.uk.best-price.com/productsearch/search/q/notary+prices/ag/prices/s/yahoo/?OVRAW=find%20a%20notary&OVKEY=notary%20prices&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=5412844031&OVKWID=27888303531
The OP should really read Appendix A for London, only the documents in question 6
"Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualifications
certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g., Engineer, Computer
Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)"
and 7
"For you, the principal applicant:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation"

PMM
and 7

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fully agree with you PMM. I thought he might have read them and that was why he was asking. Maybe I was a step ahead.

justyzz

Oct 19, 2008
request 'certified true copies' from the notaries. it cost about 60 pounds for 6 or 8 pages. i am not sure. i used one in stamford hill, east london for this.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Justyzz,
I think that's an acceptable fee. Could you post the Address/Contacts of the Notary or firm.

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
Hi Mate

what documents were requested.

I am also from London and applying through london too.

Do they want reference letters stamped/notirised
education certificates stamped
do we need to send them transcripts too? if so how do we get them stamped if they have to remain sealed.

pleas elet me know exactly what was asked for.

Sean

justyzz

Oct 19, 2008
here is the address:

Julian Kostick
149a Clapton Common, Stamford Hill, London, London, E5 9AE
020 8800 6649