+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notary in Quebec

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Hi all, I have a problem with my USA diploma in Quebec Skilled Worker application.

As the MIDI website said, the US diploma should be notaried and then they could accept, but is here anyone know which notary office in Montreal could meet the immigration requirement? I found some notary offices through google map, but I don't know whether they are good to issue the qualified notary.

Thank you all.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Don't you need to get diploma copy notarized from USA notary and not Canadian notary?

As a workaround you can submit sealed transcript from your US university. Most US universities mail sealed transcripts for a fee. This is what I did.

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Don't you need to get diploma copy notarized from USA notary and not Canadian notary?

As a workaround you can submit sealed transcript from your US university. Most US universities mail sealed transcripts for a fee. This is what I did.
True, transcrpit is ok, it is not a problem. But for diploma, you know I am now in Montreal, so I don't want to go to the States just to get a notary:confused:so I wanna have it notarized here...

By the way, did you do the education evaluation to determind your training area and points? The website is here (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/comparative-evaluation/procedure.html), I heard from some agents that I should do it anyway, but the MIDI customer service said I don't have to do that:rolleyes: very contradictary...

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
True, transcrpit is ok, it is not a problem. But for diploma, you know I am now in Montreal, so I don't want to go to the States just to get a notary:confused:so I wanna have it notarized here...

By the way, did you do the education evaluation to determind your training area and points? The website is here (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms/search-title/comparative-evaluation/procedure.html), I heard from some agents that I should do it anyway, but the MIDI customer service said I don't have to do that:rolleyes: very contradictary...
I do not think you can get USA notarization in Canada. I tried to get Indian notarization in USA without any luck.

No. I did not get education evaluation done.