+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarized documents

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
hi guys,
help me put my mind to rest...i know you have to get documents like certificates (edu, marriage,divorce etc), bank statements and other important docs notarized, except of course the IELTS test certificate which u send the original. now i've got e-mails between me and former employer, copy of work ids and other stuff which are not actual documents (unless i am missing the meaning of original document), but important for the application. do these need to be notarized as well?

from the guide:
"To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:
 „„I certify that this is a true copy of the original document
 the name of the original document
 the date of the certification
 his or her name
 his or her official position or title
 his or her signature"

please advise, thanks
Mandie

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
But in order to prove your work experience they don't want things like e-mails. They want your contract, which will be a notarized copy of the original, your payslips which also will be notarized copies and a reference letter from your former employer which states your duties etc. Those copies you will have to give for official translation.
Unless your previous job has nothing to do with the NOC you are applying. In that case you can show them whatever proof you have. They are more interested and they will look deeply at your work experience which you are claiming points for. Hope it helps...

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thalia said:
But in order to prove your work experience they don't want things like e-mails. They want your contract, which will be a notarized copy of the original, your payslips which also will be notarized copies and a reference letter from your former employer which states your duties etc. Those copies you will have to give for official translation.
Unless your previous job has nothing to do with the NOC you are applying. In that case you can show them whatever proof you have. They are more interested and they will look deeply at your work experience which you are claiming points for. Hope it helps...
Thanks for your response...I am unable to get experience letter from my former employer, even after several e-mail and telephone calls. so am i copies sending payslips (which will be notarised), and other work related documents. my query however is whether e-mails (which shows i have requested such info from former employer) and other work related docs which are not originals but are pertinent to my work experience, need notarization? hope you get my point!

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
A non-official paper can't be notarized. At least in my country they would never stamp on e-mail printouts and I think that's the same everywhere.
So if you have no problem explaining to the CIC why your employer denies to give you reference, then yes. Write to them the reason and attach your e-mails or the other attempts you made.

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
mandiebraxton said:
Thanks for your response...I am unable to get experience letter from my former employer, even after several e-mail and telephone calls. so am i copies sending payslips (which will be notarised), and other work related documents. my query however is whether e-mails (which shows i have requested such info from former employer) and other work related docs which are not originals but are pertinent to my work experience, need notarization? hope you get my point!
In simple words, the only notarized documents they need for experience is Copy of Employment Contact, if you dont have any other evidence to prove ur experience, send them what ever documentation u have,i.e. salary slips, emails, and a letter indicating all ur scenario, to CIO.(the notarization of emails or salary slips doesnt make any sense)

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thalia said:
A non-official paper can't be notarized. At least in my country they would never stamp on e-mail printouts and I think that's the same everywhere.
So if you have no problem explaining to the CIC why your employer denies to give you reference, then yes. Write to them the reason and attach your e-mails or the other attempts you made.
Thanks...that is what exactly i am trying to do. however in the process, i need to send copies of my work id, payslips and e-mail correspondence. thus the reason behind my asking what actually needs to be notarised and what doesn't. from the responses, i only need to notarize official docs. thanks guys once again for taking the time to respond!