+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not sure whether to send passport to Buffalo or Fort Erie.

vtj

Feb 6, 2012
Hello,

I just received an email from the Visa office in Buffalo and it included links regarding passport submission. I submitted my PR application in Buffalo even if my address is in Canada. Now that they're asking for my passport, I don't know whether if I should keep the consistency by sending my passport to Buffalo OR send it to Fort Erie because that was the instruction in the link that was provided in the email. I copied and pasted a portion of the instructions below. I am also wondering that if I did follow the link and sent it to Fort Erie, would they forward it to Buffalo since my application is being processed there?

I have sent the Buffalo Visa office an email and I'm kind of disappointed that they don't have a Toll free number.

Thank you!

Option B: Submit your passports by mail (Courier packages must be sent to the Buffalo, NY address.)

If your address is in the USA, send your passport to:

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Immigration Regional Program Centre
1 HSBC Center, Suite 3000
Buffalo, NY 14203-2884
USA

Please put you passports in an envelope with your file number written prominently on it. Place this envelope in your mailing envelope. Please take great care to reproduce the mailing address above EXACTLY as written.

NOTE: If your address is in the USA, we strongly recommend that you supply a return envelope for your passports using the United States Postal Service’s Express Mail service.

Provide a self addressed, prepaid, flat rate 9" x 12" USPS Express Mail envelope. Make a note of the tracking number. Your passports will usually be returned to you within 15 business days from the day we receive them. This does not include any time it may take for the Post Office to deliver them.

If your address is in Canada, send your passport to:

Canadian Consulate General (RFV)
Immigration Regional Program Centre
P.O. Box 660
Fort Erie, Ontario L2A 6R6
Canada