+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not sure if i should be concerned.

Mkw1

Jan 17, 2019
Hi there, landed in June 2018 on an United Kingdom IEC permit. I did not realize i hadn't removed my medical conditions 'can not work with children' and worked with them from Sep 2018-Jan 2019 and at which point i sent a paper application to remove those conditions.

This was approved however i am worrying whether i ticked the wrong box under 'have you worked without authorization' and cannot check obviously because it was a paper application/ they haven't updated my online profile. This is because after reading online, my application would have been approved even if i had ticked the 'yes' box.

I will have worked a full year of authorized work as a Special Educational Teacher as of Feb 2020 and was considering applying for PR under the CEC program. Plus i will 100% declare that i worked unauthorized Sep 2018- Jan 2019.

Will I be charged with 'misrepresentation' when applying for PR if they look through previous work permit applications or will i be ok because it was a paper application/i was approved/i will be honest about my unauthorized work when i apply?

Thanks.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hard to say. You definitely didn't comply with the conditions of your work permit, and this is an issue. Plus you aren't sure whether you committed misrepresentation when you sent in your application.

This is just my opinion, but I think if you did correctly fill the form (i.e you didn't commit misrepresentation), you should be OK. If you did actually technically lie on your application.. I really don't know, sorry.