+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not submitting father’s documents

sohanislam

Apr 28, 2018
Hello, I am a Bangladeshi student who is soon going to apply for study permit. My parents are UNOFFICIALLY separated and I live with my mom who is going to sponsor my higher education. So I am not going to submit my father’s documents for visa application as I do not have his documents and am not on talking terms with him. Can they reject my visa for this reason? Where in my application can I explain why I am not giving my father’s documents? I intend to go to Alberta btw. Please answer my question ASAP, it’s really urgent!!

Npres2215

Apr 25, 2018
Hello, I am a Bangladeshi student who is soon going to apply for study permit. My parents are UNOFFICIALLY separated and I live with my mom who is going to sponsor my higher education. So I am not going to submit my father’s documents for visa application as I do not have his documents and am not on talking terms with him. Can they reject my visa for this reason? Where in my application can I explain why I am not giving my father’s documents? I intend to go to Alberta btw. Please answer my question ASAP, it’s really urgent!!
You will need a letter of sponsorship. If your mother is sponsoring you, have her written statement of sponsorship. As far as your father is concerned just provide his birth certificate and include him on the family information form.

Don't worry. You don't really need him anywhere else for the visa, but just for the sake of having safe background include him. I also have quite a similar case as you.

sohanislam

Apr 28, 2018
You will need a letter of sponsorship. If your mother is sponsoring you, have her written statement of sponsorship. As far as your father is concerned just provide his birth certificate and include him on the family information form.

Don't worry. You don't really need him anywhere else for the visa, but just for the sake of having safe background include him. I also have quite a similar case as you.
Thanks A LOT for the reply. I feel really relieved!!