+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not studying but Holds Valid Study Permit - URGENT HELP NEEDED PLZ

Prettyindian

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

Im an International student with valid study permit up to 2011, started studies from Sep 2008

My spouse is here with OPEN WORK PERMIT up to 2011.

My question is Now Im not interested in continuing my education :( :-\

Can I stay inside the country with study permit but without studying ?

will i get work permit ? :'(

BUNCH OF THANKS IN ADVANCE

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not 100% clear on the rules of study permits, only I heard from someone else that your college will report that you dropped out and that will cause the cancellation of your study permit. I do not have that verified. I know work permit holders can stay as long as their work permit is valid, even if they have quit their job.

If you want a work permit, you need to get an employer to apply for your LMO and if you get it, use that to apply for your work permit. Another way would be if your spouse has a job and your spouses employer applies for an LMO and your spouse changes the open work permit to a regular work permit, then you would be eligible for the open spousal work permit.

Prettyindian

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Leon

I think its hard to get LMO to apply for work permit, Its better to leave the country

ked

Aug 30, 2009
All educational institutions have to answer questions to the cic, once you drop the course your name is already reported to the cic. BUT, if you have valid reasons to drop your studies, you have a chance... For example illness, spouse illness, etc ... Then you can re-apply for study permit or if you have been studying for at least one year... you can also be eligible to apply for PR, depending if your job falls in NOC O,A or B. NOTE that Canada help Immigrants to stay.

coolvedant007

Jun 15, 2013
How can I get my study permit cancelled in India? I have withdrawn from the institution and need refund from GIC but they are asking for a cancelled study permit. The embassy is also not replying to any of my mail. please help

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolvedant007 said:
How can I get my study permit cancelled in India? I have withdrawn from the institution and need refund from GIC but they are asking for a cancelled study permit. The embassy is also not replying to any of my mail. please help
@cool, you do not hold a study permit at the moment as SP is issued at POE. You can ask CHC to cancel your visa and with the letter you can apply for GIC refund and college fee refund, otherwise they won't. It's a compliance they need to follow.

@pretty Indian, It's very difficult in your case. Even if you obtain an LMO (which is not a difficult task here), chances are pretty slim of you getting work permit. Now, if you are not studying as you have withdrawn from college, I believe you are working on OCWP. As you do not intend to study any further, even OCWP stands cancelled and finally your spouse on open permit can't also work as your status becomes invalid. So you should ideally check all the options before you withdraw.

Now, if you get a LMO for NOC B category job (at least), chances can be speculated for approval, but otherwise it's pretty slim.

Wish you luck!

pms

Apr 5, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
I also applied for a study visa application n my file is under processing bt now i have backpain n my disc has been slipped so i don't want to go to canada now.if i get visa then what will i have to do for refund tution n gic? reply asap.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to contact your college/uni and arrange refund and you should do that BEFORE you get your visa as you currently have a valid reason and may not have to pay for pulling out. If you do once visa has arrived, you will have to pay.

pms

Apr 5, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
thanx itstime for reply...plz tell me in detail is it possible dt college n gic fees will be refund without refusal letter/cancelation letter....someone told me that we can get refund from college n gic by canceling our visa from embassy......how can i get canceled my visa if i recieved?

pms

Apr 5, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
n collvedant how did u get ur refund?