+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not mentioning EDUCATION in STUDENT VISA : Isn't it Misrepresentation/False Information?

Rajvinder Singh

Nov 30, 2018
I'm in a similar boat.

When I applied for a study permit, I didn't mention that I had a master's degree because the one I took had nothing to do with the career path I was looking for in Canada. Now I'm on a PGWP, I already submitted my express entry profile hoping I can get an ITA before completing the 1-year experience in Canada. I did ECA for my master's, not my bachelor's.

Some months ago I paid an immigration lawyer to help me create a clear path for my PR. I mentioned this case and asked if I was going to get in trouble for not mentioning the master's during my study permit process but using it for my express entry profile. The lawyer said it shouldn't be a problem and advised to get the ECA for the master. But now I get to this thread and generates some concern in me.

Any suggestions?
Hi there,
Did you add your Master degrre to your PR application?
Please reply and thank you

prbn32

Jun 4, 2023
I'm in a similar boat.

When I applied for a study permit, I didn't mention that I had a master's degree because the one I took had nothing to do with the career path I was looking for in Canada. Now I'm on a PGWP, I already submitted my express entry profile hoping I can get an ITA before completing the 1-year experience in Canada. I did ECA for my master's, not my bachelor's.

Some months ago I paid an immigration lawyer to help me create a clear path for my PR. I mentioned this case and asked if I was going to get in trouble for not mentioning the master's during my study permit process but using it for my express entry profile. The lawyer said it shouldn't be a problem and advised to get the ECA for the master. But now I get to this thread and generates some concern in me.

Any suggestions?
Hey brother, in your pgwp application, did you say you have done master's, or you just went with bachelors?

Jul 31, 2023
Hey can someone help with the below case:

In short, I have a 4 year bachelor degree and I started a masters and dropped out after 5 months in the US. In the education section in the study permit application (for masters in Canada), I mentioned the Bachelors degree but not the incomplete masters as my highest level of education, thinking this section only referred to completed degrees.

With EE, I have to mention the incomplete masters in personal history section. Does this account for misrepresentation? I plan on addressing it in a LOE anyways but who has been through something similar?

Boby Thomas

Jan 11, 2024
I'm in a similar boat.

Any suggestions?
If you got ECA, then it is true and will not misrepresent.

Boby Thomas

Jan 11, 2024
Misrepresentation is only for altered documents and “new” employment documents. Education documents with ECA is not considered misrepresentation