+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not meeting RO , can or should i apply for my parents supervisa?

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

My parents visit visa is refused , so i am thinking of applying for a Supervisa. My PR card will expire in July and I have lived only for 1 yr , so I am not meeting my RO.
Do I need to be in RO compliance in order to apply for my Parents Supervisa?

Regards
Vikram

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello,

My parents visit visa is refused , so i am thinking of applying for a Supervisa. My PR card will expire in July and I have lived only for 1 yr , so I am not meeting my RO.

Regards
Vikram
Im just guessing here but if you are not meeting RO you probably don't want to make an application and draw attention to yourself. Couldn't your own PR be taken away if they investigated?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Regards
Vikram
What were reasons for refusal?

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
[/QUOTE]
index.html).

I am refusing your application.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
index.html).

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
[/QUOTE]
What do they show for funds? Do you even have a NOA if only been in Canada less than a year to meet LICO? Not meeting RO may be an issue. Looks suspicious that parents want to come to Canada so quickly after your arrival.

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
index.html).

What do they show for funds? Do you even have a NOA if only been in Canada less than a year to meet LICO? Not meeting RO may be an issue. Looks suspicious that parents want to come to Canada so quickly after your arrival.
[/QUOTE]

Hey, First of all , thanks for a quick response. Here is the situation and this is what I am thinking. My parents visitor visa was refused to the above reasons.
I came to Canada in May 2022 and since then living here. My NOA is good only for 1 additional person under LICO since I didn't work for entire year. It's 33846, and I just checked CIC website , the amount for 2 people ( me and either of the parents) is as follows :

2 persons$33,140

So I am thinking of applying supervisa for my father and then later apply for my mother's visit visa.

For funds, we made the mistake of not showing enough liquid funds in the visit visa application in their personal bank account, we only showed CAD 4000in their bank account since I mentioned I will be paying for their trip. So they will redeeem some of the their FD and bump up the numbers to CAD 15000.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No you must include both parents so you are 3 people. Even if applying just for your mother you must meet LICO for 3 people. So not eligible for a supervisa.

If applying again they need to show that they can support their own visit without your funds. They should come for a time period (a couple of weeks) that they can afford. $15k is not a lot if this is all their savings. IRCC will be concerned they are using all their savings to visit.

Last edited:

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
No you must include both parents so you are 3 people. Even if applying just for your mother you must meet LICO for 3 people. So not eligible for a supervisa.

If applying again they need to show that they can support their own visit without your funds. They should come for a time period (a couple of weeks) that they can afford. $15k is not a lot if this is all their savings. IRCC will be concerned they are using all their savings to visit.
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant 15k of liquid cash , rest they have a property and enough MF and shares in addition They can also show more if required.

They are planning to be visit me only for 3 weeks .So I assume 2 flight tickets for 2k each plus and 500 dollars for 20 days which is 10,000 CAD. Do you think this should be good ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant 15k of liquid cash , rest they have a property and enough MF and shares in addition They can also show more if required.

They are planning to be visit me only for 3 weeks .So I assume 2 flight tickets for 2k each plus and 500 dollars for 20 days which is 10,000 CAD. Do you think this should be good ?
They can reapply and see what happens. If they have $15k cash and then MFs to show savings then it is better than their original application.

vikram100185

Jul 25, 2017
They can reapply and see what happens. If they have $15k cash and then MFs to show savings then it is better than their original application.
Yea - just waiting for GCMS notes before I apply.
I was mainly exploring my options for Supervisa but it seems like it's not possible in my case. So i will apply for their visit visa.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Should they even try to apply for a supervisa if not meeting RO? Wouldnt it be wise to wait until they meet RO so there is no risk of losing own pr?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Should they even try to apply for a supervisa if not meeting RO? Wouldnt it be wise to wait until they meet RO so there is no risk of losing own pr?
OP is not even eligible for his parents to apply for a supervisa. I said that they can apply for a TRV. He does not meet LICO. But yes, OP should wait now to meet RO and wait until he has NOA that meets LICO.