Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
1- I do not want to send any bad signals by asking for extension.
2- One more question: Will the US visa have a negative impact if I am applying under H&C to come to Canada since I can come crossing the borders?
1) that's up to you.
2) a US visa is irrelevant to this situation.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am a little confused because if the officer only checks the RO, then why inserting this (in the letter):
1- A description of the extent of the hardship the loss of residency status would cause to you, your family members, and the best interests of any child directly affected by this decision (if applicable).
2- Supporting documents showing that there are compelling and compassionate factors in your personal circumstances that justify keeping your permanent resident status (if applicable).othe
Shouldn't this be in the appeal process? requesting such description means that the officer if convinced will issue the PR even if RO are not met (?)
I can't really answer this as I have not seen a residency questionnaire, or the accompanying instructions. It may not be appropriate to submit H&C reasons at this point in time. I'll have to let others answer this.

Reactions: brawad

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
I can't really answer this as I have not seen a residency questionnaire, or the accompanying instructions. It may not be appropriate to submit H&C reasons at this point in time. I'll have to let others answer this.
Thanks much. I appreciate more input from members.

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
Is your family currently outside of Canada? Keep in mind that during the appeal process it is not recommended to leave Canada, as it diminishes your case. Short trips may be ok, but not recommended.
Buletruck, I appreciate your input on my last question in this thread that was commented by Zardoz regrading including H&C in this initial stage.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
IMO, you want to include any relevant reasons NOW as to why you haven't met RO. The VO is giving you the opportunity to present these to them before they make a final decision. These may be the same reasons you use on an appeal, but the goal now is to avoid having them start the process of revoking your PR and ending up in an appeal.

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
IMO, you want to include any relevant reasons NOW as to why you haven't met RO. The VO is giving you the opportunity to present these to them before they make a final decision. These may be the same reasons you use on an appeal, but the goal now is to avoid having them start the process of revoking your PR and ending up in an appeal.
I will go with this. But not sure how much extension to ask for. Is it much to ask for two months?

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
I am not sure how much extension to ask for. Is it much to ask for two months? the longer the better for me.

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
I have a question that might irrelevant. My kids needs more year to be eligible for citizenship. Can I apply then faster to join them? I mean that there is a lag between eligibility like 4 of 6 years? Or I should wait until they obtain the passport? Which might be a long period.

Ultraman

Jan 26, 2018
hi, brawad
Did you ask for H&C consideration when you submitted the PRC renewal? if yes, after you responded to the RQ the CIC office will ask you to attend an interview. You need to provide them a very solid story why you have to live abroad and if your PR status is cancelled how devastating your family will be. If you have young kids the chance to get the H&C consideration is high.

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
hi, brawad
Did you ask for H&C consideration when you submitted the PRC renewal? if yes, after you responded to the RQ the CIC office will ask you to attend an interview. You need to provide them a very solid story why you have to live abroad and if your PR status is cancelled how devastating your family will be. If you have young kids the chance to get the H&C consideration is high.
Hi Ultraman. No I have not but looks the file show the case of my Kids who have renewed their PR cards since about 1.5 yrs. My kids are 10, 13, 15 and 17 and all have valid PRs with their mom - they are currently in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Ultraman. No I have not but looks the file show the case of my Kids who have renewed their PR cards since about 1.5 yrs. My kids are 10, 13, 15 and 17 and all have valid PRs with their mom - they are currently in Canada.
Typically this doesn't help to save your PR status. You must show strong H&C reasons why you were unable to return to Canada and had to remain outside of Canada.

brawad

Jun 23, 2014
hi, brawad
Hi Ultraman. No I have not but looks the file show the case of my Kids who have renewed their PR cards since about 1.5 yrs. My kids are 10, 13, 15 and 17 and all have valid PRs with their mom - they are currently in Canada

Salmansalat

Dec 8, 2019
Hi Brawad,
What happened with your case? Its good to let people know of the final decision so it helps them. Thank you!