+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not Meeting Residency Obligation

anonymouscookie

Sep 13, 2021
Hello I have a question, so basically when I landed I got the pr but I was obviously a minor and unable to make a decision to stay in Canada so obviously my PR CARD expired. so this led me to apply for a prtd based on h&c grounds. now my question is when i go to Canada in a few weeks, i have filled out the pr application but left one section empty which is the residency obligation as I stayed outside of Canada for 1095 days or more. However, the situations they mention (absences while accompanying family member, family business etc) don't apply to me. So my question is, do i leave this section empty when i submit this application in hopes they will look at my file knowing I have a valid reason based on h&c grounds or do i submit a letter along with this application? can someone help me with this please. thank you. Also, I was issued the visa 24th of august and I'm traveling on the 22nd of sept. and its category RC-1, so can anyone please elaborate on this and provide me with good news, thanks.

anonymouscookie

Sep 13, 2021
Typically this doesn't help to save your PR status. You must show strong H&C reasons why you were unable to return to Canada and had to remain outside of Canada.
Hello I have a question, so basically when I landed I got the pr but I was obviously a minor and unable to make a decision to stay in Canada so obviously my PR CARD expired. so this led me to apply for a prtd based on h&c grounds. now my question is when i go to Canada in a few weeks, i have filled out the pr application but left one section empty which is the residency obligation as I stayed outside of Canada for 1095 days or more. However, the situations they mention (absences while accompanying family member, family business etc) don't apply to me. So my question is, do i leave this section empty when i submit this application in hopes they will look at my file knowing I have a valid reason based on h&c grounds or do i submit a letter along with this application? can someone help me with this please. thank you. Also, I was issued the visa 24th of august and I'm traveling on the 22nd of sept. and its category RC-1, so can anyone please elaborate on this and provide me with good news, thanks.