+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not given Visitors Permit Number, but needed for Common-Law Sponsorship Application

asur90

Jun 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

My partner and I arrived back to YVR yesterday (I entered as a visitor, my partner is Canadian) so we can start the Inland process for Common-Law Sponsorship. I need to provide the Visitors Permit Number and a photocopy of the visitors visa but when I entered through customs I didn't get any stamp or number on my passport. I understand, stamps on passports are not required anymore. I know they have my 6 months visitors status electronically but how do I prove that to immigration in my application, since it requires the visitors permit number/photocopy?

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,

My partner and I arrived back to YVR yesterday (I entered as a visitor, my partner is Canadian) so we can start the Inland process for Common-Law Sponsorship. I need to provide the Visitors Permit Number and a photocopy of the visitors visa but when I entered through customs I didn't get any stamp or number on my passport. I understand, stamps on passports are not required anymore. I know they have my 6 months visitors status electronically but how do I prove that to immigration in my application, since it requires the visitors permit number/photocopy?

Thank you
Hi

Just include a letter of explanation in place of the stamp. IRCC can verify the entry in the system.

Reactions: YVR123

asur90

Jun 7, 2018
Hi

Just include a letter of explanation in place of the stamp. IRCC can verify the entry in the system.
Thanks! I’m thinking that I will have to write a letter of explanation yes. I’m not too worried about the stamp itself but the fact that I don’t have a visitors permit document or number with me.

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks! I’m thinking that I will have to write a letter of explanation yes. I’m not too worried about the stamp itself but the fact that I don’t have a visitors permit document or number with me.

Thank you.
You don't need a document or number.