+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not getting roles and responsibilities letter from employer

Mar 21, 2017
Hi All,

I am planning to submit my application today (I have already received ITA and my IELTS score will expire in 4 days). I have all other documents but none of my employer is giving me roles and responsibilities letter (nor I will get it in near future) as this letter is not common in India. I have Experience letter and joining letter - which have my and employers name, duration of employment, salary structure and my post in that organisation but roles and responsibilities and total work hours is not there.
Shall I submit my application or there are no chances of it getting accepted as documentation is incomplete? The risk is that my processing fees 500CAD will be wasted if there are zero chances of application getting accepted and more importantly there will be one Reject against my name which might create problem in future.

Please advice.

Indi- canada

Nov 13, 2015
mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
dont worry,

just mention your job duties and responsibilities on a letter include your designation, joining date, salary, no of hours, reporting manager, department, employee ID. Ask your reporting manager to sign the letter if HR is refused to sign. in case your reporting manager is also not ready to sign ask your colleague to sign it and attach his/her visiting card which has to include company name , his/her name and designation, contact no and email ID. In worst case if no body is ready to sign your letter then you can notarized that letter or self attestation will also do. also attach LOE with the reasons that why you were not able to get experience letter from company. you can also attached your offer letter, promotion letter if applicable. salary slips. bank account statements showing salary getting credited your account every month.
i am sure this will help.
best luck

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
pankajjain2050 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to submit my application today (I have already received ITA and my IELTS score will expire in 4 days). I have all other documents but none of my employer is giving me roles and responsibilities letter (nor I will get it in near future) as this letter is not common in India. I have Experience letter and joining letter - which have my and employers name, duration of employment, salary structure and my post in that organisation but roles and responsibilities and total work hours is not there.
Shall I submit my application or there are no chances of it getting accepted as documentation is incomplete? The risk is that my processing fees 500CAD will be wasted if there are zero chances of application getting accepted and more importantly there will be one Reject against my name which might create problem in future.

Please advice.
Yes, of course you surely can submit your profile with a job description letter signed by one of your seniors/supervisors.
I am also doing the same in my profile. I have got a job description letter signed by my senior.
Don't beg with your employer. No employer in India understands even a single word about job description/roles & responsibilities.

Don;t worry and keep it up.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hours of work is very important on the work reference. If you don't have that, your application will be incomplete. And if you don't submit your application in 4 days your ielts will expire and your application with be refused.

Mar 21, 2017
Thanks both of you for your reply. That was really encouraging and helpful.

I am currently submitting below documents for employee proof -
1. Offer letter (it has name, designation and salary structure)
2. Experience letter (it has date of joining and date of leaving)
3. Last 6 months salary slip of each employer (do i need to add all salary slips? i have it but thought this could be too much for them)
4. Notary for roles and responsibilities (it has my employee id, name, roles and responsibilities, hours worked) -> This is signed by my colleague and have its signature, contact number, official email id and employee Id)

Please let me know if I am missing something as I am going to submit the application today.

Indi- canada

Nov 13, 2015
mumbai
Visa Office......
NDVO
pankajjain2050 said:

3. Last 6 months salary slip of each employer (do i need to add all salary slips? i have it but thought this could be too much for them)
4. Notary for roles and responsibilities (it has my employee id, name, roles and responsibilities, hours worked) -> This is signed by my colleague and have its signature, contact number, official email id and employee Id)

Please let me know if I am missing something as I am going to submit the application today.
salary slips of last 6 months will be fine.

may be LOE (Letter of explanation) as why are you getting letter from colleague and not from company. this letter is not mandatory but it will help officer to understand your situation and get clear picture about your case and to avoid delay.

best luck

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
pankajjain2050 said:

As long as ALL the required details are there in the certificates you produce, you are good to go to submit them without worry, no matter WHO signs those documents. :)

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020

Hey i am in same boat. Have to submit application by this month end. Just wondering whether it worked above documentation in your case. Thanks in adv.