+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not getting Reference Letter from former Employer - Express Entry

Oct 18, 2014
Hi,

I have received the ITA under express entry. I have a question regarding reference letter from the employer. I worked in a big PSU company in India and it is very hard to get any reference letter from them. The only thing that I have is relieving / resignation that only has my name, designation at the time of resignation, my staff number, duration during which I worked.

The things that are missing in that letter -
1. Roles and Responsibilities
2. Number of hours worked
3. Annual salary (though I have offer letter with me that has annual salary written on it. Along with that, I have salary slips of the last 5 months during my stay at that company)

To get the detailed letter from the employer that CIC required, I have done these things:
1. Emailed my immediate supervisor. He replied back that he is not authorized to write the letter and asked me to contact the HR department.
2. Then emailed the manager (my immediate supervisor's boss). He replied that back that I should contact the HR department.
3. I contacted the Chief Manager of HR department. He forwarded the email to senior manager of HR department and that person asked me to call him. I called him and on phone he said he cannot give the detailed letter that CIC requires because of company policy.

I am stuck. Not sure what to do. I am pretty sure, even if I ask the senior manager to write in email that because of company policy they cannot give me the letter, he will not give. He will never reply back to the email as they are employees of big company and they don't care about my PR.

I have only 75 days left to submit my application. Most of things on my side (medical, police verification, etc.) are done. Only the letter my former employer is making my nights sleepless.

Please help !!!

maan1982

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,

I have received the ITA under express entry. I have a question regarding reference letter from the employer. I worked in a big PSU company in India and it is very hard to get any reference letter from them. The only thing that I have is relieving / resignation that only has my name, designation at the time of resignation, my staff number, duration during which I worked.

The things that are missing in that letter -
1. Roles and Responsibilities
2. Number of hours worked
3. Annual salary (though I have offer letter with me that has annual salary written on it. Along with that, I have salary slips of the last 5 months during my stay at that company)

To get the detailed letter from the employer that CIC required, I have done these things:
1. Emailed my immediate supervisor. He replied back that he is not authorized to write the letter and asked me to contact the HR department.
2. Then emailed the manager (my immediate supervisor's boss). He replied that back that I should contact the HR department.
3. I contacted the Chief Manager of HR department. He forwarded the email to senior manager of HR department and that person asked me to call him. I called him and on phone he said he cannot give the detailed letter that CIC requires because of company policy.

I am stuck. Not sure what to do. I am pretty sure, even if I ask the senior manager to write in email that because of company policy they cannot give me the letter, he will not give. He will never reply back to the email as they are employees of big company and they don't care about my PR.

I have only 75 days left to submit my application. Most of things on my side (medical, police verification, etc.) are done. Only the letter my former employer is making my nights sleepless.

Please help !!!
Did u found any solution.
If yes then do share
I am also in same boat.....