+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not eligible for Express Entry.

Osius

May 26, 2020
Hi all,

I've created my express entry profile and after submitting it, I received a pdf message saying that I was found ineligible. I redid the whole procedure a couple times with minor changes and still: ineligible!

I don't understand what's wrong...

Quick background:
I'm currently in Canada and I've been working on a closed IEC – workpermit 11/2019 till now (Young Professionals). My Employer is stated on the work permit and there is also a LMIA exemption code. Before that, I worked with an open IEC workpermit (Work and Holiday) 11/2018 till 11/2019.

Immigration program (FSW, CEC, FST): Canadian Experience Class
Skilllevel: B
NOC: 7381

Funds: 20000 C$

Language Test:

CELPIP-G
Date of language test results: 12. March 2020
Score Listening: 10
Score Reading: 8
Score Writing: 8
Score Speaking: 8

Education and Work Experience:

Your highest degree: Bachelors Degree
Canada or foreign? German
Foreign Workexperience (last 10 years): 5+ years countinuous in Skilllevel B/ NOC 7381
Canadian Workexperience: 1+ years in Skilllevel B/ NOC 7381
Number of hours per week: 40
Job-Offer?: Yes

Do you have an ECA for this? Not yet, Under Process (WES)

I can't figure out what I did wrong.

Thank you for any help in advance!!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I've created my express entry profile and after submitting it, I received a pdf message saying that I was found ineligible. I redid the whole procedure a couple times with minor changes and still: ineligible!

I don't understand what's wrong...

Quick background:
I'm currently in Canada and I've been working on a closed IEC – workpermit 11/2019 till now (Young Professionals). My Employer is stated on the work permit and there is also a LMIA exemption code. Before that, I worked with an open IEC workpermit (Work and Holiday) 11/2018 till 11/2019.

Immigration program (FSW, CEC, FST): Canadian Experience Class
Skilllevel: B
NOC: 7381

Funds: 20000 C$

Language Test:

CELPIP-G
Date of language test results: 12. March 2020
Score Listening: 10
Score Reading: 8
Score Writing: 8
Score Speaking: 8

Education and Work Experience:

Your highest degree: Bachelors Degree
Canada or foreign? German
Foreign Workexperience (last 10 years): 5+ years countinuous in Skilllevel B/ NOC 7381
Canadian Workexperience: 1+ years in Skilllevel B/ NOC 7381
Number of hours per week: 40
Job-Offer?: Yes

Do you have an ECA for this? Not yet, Under Process (WES)

I can't figure out what I did wrong.

Thank you for any help in advance!!
You don't have an ECA, so there is no way for you to know what your foreign education is equivalent to here in Canada.

Until you have your ECA, there is no way for you to know your level of Education for IRCC purposes that is

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you for your quick response!
I thought that CEC canditates don't have to provide ECA.

https://moving2canada.com/canadian-experience-class/

confusing....
Yes you don't have to because there is no education requirement.

However, if you are planning on claiming any points for education (and your education is foreign) then you need an ECA to support this. Otherwise there is no way you will ever get these points.

I pointed this out because you answered you mentioned your ECA is still in progress. In this case you should wait until you have your ECA to complete your profile and get these points. It is very unlikely you could possibly get close enough without receiving educations points.

However, as to why you are being found not eligible, you should check your answers. It may be that you actually are not, the system is most definitely not wrong, you may just be providing the wrong answer to one of the questions or you are actually not eligible.

Osius

May 26, 2020
Thank you dan_end,

It's been one entire year in a continous full time Skilllevel B job with 40 hours/week.
05.May 2019 and ongoing.

I already have submitted my docs at WES...still in process :/

Osius

May 26, 2020
Thank you @Wolfpmd3 !!

Ahh, I think I got it now.

The system "kicked" me automatically out, since there is no chance to gain enough points w/o ECA to be eligible (in combination with the other answers).

makes sense!

Osius

May 26, 2020
Some further avenues:
  • What did you select as your primary occupation?
  • What did you answer to the question "when did you first qualify to practice in this occupation?"
1. Same NOC as I performed in Germany (2011-2016) and performing now here in Canada.
2. After my apprenticeship (doesn't interfere with any other dates)

2001-2004 apprenticeship (NOC7381)
2004-2007 full time (NOC7381)
2011-2016 full time (NOC7381)

All same employer in Germany.

05/2018 - now full time (NOC7381) In Canada

Thanks Dan
Appreciate it!

Last edited: