+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not eligible for express entry RA (NOC Code 4012) outside Canada

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi all,

Can u please tell me what all should be sent to noc.workingincanada email id for getting the noc code matched ?

Also how much time do they take to reply?

Thanks for help

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I used my TA/RA experience to apply and got ITA this April. I have a full time permanent job in Canada but it's not NOC 4012. I put NOC 4012 as my primary occupation tho.

sourav1

Aug 16, 2018
In CIC website, it says your work experience has to be continuous. For code 2161, you do not have continuous work experience. I got ITA last month using my Canadian RA experience of 2 year and 8 months.
Did you only show RA exoerience or RA and TA both?

Ali1371

Apr 16, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
I showed both. My RA experience was 3 years of continuous work.
Hi Ruhin,
I am applying using the NOC 4012 path, in my letter from my supervisor it is mentioned that I am working as a full time RA/TA during my PhD in Canada under study permit.

I am filling out the Express Entry profile right now. I just wonder for the question : "Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program." should I answer yes or no?

One side, I was on study permit. Other side, the class time was no more than 15 hours a week. (Seems all graduate students I know just have 2-3 courses one semester). I don't want to lie in any sense, though this question is just so confusing.
Thanks

ruhin

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi Ruhin,
I am applying using the NOC 4012 path, in my letter from my supervisor it is mentioned that I am working as a full time RA/TA during my PhD in Canada under study permit.

I am filling out the Express Entry profile right now. I just wonder for the question : "Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program." should I answer yes or no?

One side, I was on study permit. Other side, the class time was no more than 15 hours a week. (Seems all graduate students I know just have 2-3 courses one semester). I don't want to lie in any sense, though this question is just so confusing.
Thanks
Hello Ali,

At our university, we needed to register for additional thesis hours during my MSc. So, saying 15hrs a week was OK for me.

Reactions: Ali1371

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hello,

The Express Entry system automatically flagged me as not eligible after I applied. I am pretty baffled since every attorney I talked to said I am eligible for EE/FSW. Here's the message I got: "Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time." Then it says this can be due to any of these things:

"
• not having a valid language test,
• language test results that are more than two years old,=
• a language test score that is too low,
• not having enough relevant work experience,
• not having the required education level,
• not having enough funds."

That being said, I meet all these criterias. Here's the summary of my application:

- Education: PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the US (2015). I did not enter my bachelors and masters degree in my application, just PhD.
- IELTS: L: 8.5, S: 8.5, W: 7, R: 7.5, taken 01/2017 [eligible for +50 points]
- Work experience:
* Research Assistant during my PhD (Code: 4012), 20 hr/wk, 09/2009 - 06/2014 (my only job experience that actually counts)
* Mathematics modeler (Code: 2161), 40 hr/wk, 4/2015-12/2015 (this does not count since it is less than 1 year)
* Data Analyst (Code: 2161), 40 hr/wk, 9/2016-4/2017 (this does not count since it is less than 1 year)

The last time I checked, my score would be +480. I chose the primary occupation 2161. My guess is that the system does not count my Research Assistantship experience (Code 4012) as a job experience for my primary occupation which is 2161. I searched the forum and it seems that Express Entry system is not a big fan of Research Assistantship job experiences outside Canada (Code 4012). I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks in advance.
Ielts is out of date they are only valid for 2 years hours was taken in 2017