+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"not declared child on his PR application"

kabir2000

Sep 6, 2018
I have been selected by Manitoba. Then should i inform Manitoba accordingly or only IRCC. The child is staying with her mother and she was granted full custody.

Josiah17

Feb 18, 2019
Actually, it is impossible. Section 117(9)(d) clearly states that undeclared and un-examined spouses and dependents are not sponsorable as members of the family class. By not declaring your child, and possibly his prior relationship with you, your spouse closed off an avenue of investigation into his admissibility to Canada. That was not his decision to make, and now the consequences are that he has lost forever the opportunity to sponsor his child, and likely can be reported for misrepresentation and lose his own PR status.
I agreed with this, they’re so strict. If the PR/canadian citizen didn’t declare the dependants before becoming PR it’s automatically not part of the application and no use to apply for sponsorship. Sorry same with me right now, you could try with lawyers and for sure more time and money. Mine was refused, I’m not going forward for an appeal they already excluded my husband.

Eheheh

Mar 14, 2019
Hi everyone i hope you all could help me. My husband came together with his family i dont know what its called as they wr petitioned by his mom, he said he ddnt declare his son because when the application was submitted the girl he got pregnant with wasnt pregnant at that moment, until they the time theyre about to leave their baby was born, will they revoke his PR? Or are they able to consider his situation? He has no plans on sponsoring his son, but he is worried it can be used by his son's mother to report him to IRCC and get him deported. I saw a post here before saying some officers are considerate depending on the person's reasons. Pls help us. Thank you.

Last edited:

congraservices

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone i hope you all could help me. My husband came together with his family i dont know what its called as they wr petitioned by his mom, he said he ddnt declare his son because when the application was submitted the girl he got pregnant with wasnt pregnant at that moment, until they the time theyre about to leave their baby was born, will they revoke his PR? Or are they able to consider his situation? He has no plans on sponsoring his son, but he is worried it can be used by his son's mother to report him to IRCC and get him deported. I saw a post here before saying some officers are considerate depending on the person's reasons. Pls help us. Thank you.
You have to consider LICO if this was a family sponsorship application and if the original sponsorship would have been rejected due to the sponsor not meeting LICO. If not, this could just be a case of him not being able to sponsor the child in the future. I have not seen CIC going after a revocation of PR in situations like this.

Reactions: Eheheh

Vsr123

May 17, 2019
Hi everyone, sorry if I have mistakes in English. I’m going to apply to Atlantic immigration pilot through job fair. I’m divorced in 2015. We have a baby. I lost parents rights for this baby. All these facts can be confirmed by courts decision, which I have. I don’t communicate with my ex wife and baby. Moreover my ex wife has already married with another man and they have second child. Question is, how to apply for working visa and after that pr? I’m single or divorced by legal system in Canada? Do I need in my applications write about my child if I don’t have parents rights and I don’t support them?

congraservices

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone, sorry if I have mistakes in English. I’m going to apply to Atlantic immigration pilot through job fair. I’m divorced in 2015. We have a baby. I lost parents rights for this baby. All these facts can be confirmed by courts decision, which I have. I don’t communicate with my ex wife and baby. Moreover my ex wife has already married with another man and they have second child. Question is, how to apply for working visa and after that pr? I’m single or divorced by legal system in Canada? Do I need in my applications write about my child if I don’t have parents rights and I don’t support them?
Your status is divorced. Single = never married. Regarding the child, if the child was not adopted by another father thereby permanently severing the parental relationship, you should declare the child as a non-accompanying dependent. Whether you have shared custody or not is not relevant as custody decisions can be changed. The only thing that would break the relationship is adoption. I recommend to declare. Kind regards.

Vsr123

May 17, 2019
Your status is divorced. Single = never married. Regarding the child, if the child was not adopted by another father thereby permanently severing the parental relationship, you should declare the child as a non-accompanying dependent. Whether you have shared custody or not is not relevant as custody decisions can be changed. The only thing that would break the relationship is adoption. I recommend to declare. Kind regards.
OK, if i declare my daughter in applying for visa or pr, I need to take any documents or communicate with my ex wife? Because it’s a really big problem

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
OK, if i declare my daughter in applying for visa or pr, I need to take any documents or communicate with my ex wife? Because it’s a really big problem
You can declare her as non-accompanying and state that you will not be able to get any medicals or any other documents etc because your ex-wife and you do not communicate any more and it is impossible for you to get the documents.

In the letter you should also write that you understand and agree that you will never be able to sponsor your daughter under family sponsorship and you are OK with that. You should attach your divorce decree and any other documents that state that you have no custody or any rights over your child.

If you do not declare her, that's misrepresentation.

Reactions: Vsr123

Eheheh

Mar 14, 2019
You have to consider LICO if this was a family sponsorship application and if the original sponsorship would have been rejected due to the sponsor not meeting LICO. If not, this could just be a case of him not being able to sponsor the child in the future. I have not seen CIC going after a revocation of PR in situations like this.

Thanks so much.

Vsr123

May 17, 2019
I just starting the process for immigration and I’m trying to do everything right. I understand that I need apply and write correct information about my divorced status and about my child.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
I just starting the process for immigration and I’m trying to do everything right. I understand that I need apply and write correct information about my divorced status and about my child.
The documents that you will need will be divorce copy and translation, birth certificate of the child and copy of child’s passport, if she has a passport. If not don’t need passport. When you apply for PR the child will need to do medical but as everybody suggested, you may try to do some letters and explain the situation regarding your ex.

AzilEinreb

Apr 27, 2019
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-03-2019
Hello,
My work permit is on process. I will land as TFW if my application will be approved. My concern is I was not able to declared the sons of my common-law partner under family information IMM5645. My question is should I update it now while my application is still on process?Will it affect my application?I have read some forum as well, I can add the undeclared dependents once I apply for PR.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Hello,
My work permit is on process. I will land as TFW if my application will be approved. My concern is I was not able to declared the sons of my common-law partner under family information IMM5645. My question is should I update it now while my application is still on process?Will it affect my application?I have read some forum as well, I can add the undeclared dependents once I apply for PR.

What do you mean you weren't able to declare them? As a foreign worker applicant all you needed to do was write their names down and show proof and if you could not provide proof explain why. I've seen so many people here saying they didn't declare their kids for whatever reason and I just don't understand why when IRCC is clear that you must declare these people.

Once u get to Canada your common law status is effectively over because you are no longer living together. Having not declared the person before you left I don't think CIC would recognize the relationship. I'm not an expert but I don't think it's looking good.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

I don't understand why you "was not able to delared" your common-law partner's kids.
Did you delcared your common-law partner?
I think you should update your application as that needs to reflect the truth.

However, I have no idea how TFW process. This is a family sponsorship section of the forum and most of us have experience with sponsoring our family as a PR or citizen of Canada.

congraservices

May 25, 2018
What do you mean you weren't able to declare them? As a foreign worker applicant all you needed to do was write their names down and show proof and if you could not provide proof explain why. I've seen so many people here saying they didn't declare their kids for whatever reason and I just don't understand why when IRCC is clear that you must declare these people.

Once u get to Canada your common law status is effectively over because you are no longer living together. Having not declared the person before you left I don't think CIC would recognize the relationship. I'm not an expert but I don't think it's looking good.

he is not just good, he should simply send an updated family information form through the web form. At a work permit stage, this is NOT a problem but should be corrected in order to not become a problem later. Also, as a common law partner of a skilled worker (if that is the case), your partner and the kids can come to Canada with you and she will get an open work permit. Best regards

Last edited: